RegisterDonateLogin

As wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Would you be interested in either DD or TW League?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes! Count me in! 3 50.000000 %
Maybe 2 33.333333 %
No 1 16.666666 %
Definately Not 0 0.000000 %

Vassal Tile Wars and Dynamic Duo League Poll Options
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:09:56 AM
Groups: Member

Ok seeing how many people are creating new leagues here and there I thought I would start to come up with a league that focuses on short period games. Namely Tile Wars and Dynamic Duos. So far here are my thoughts. Please feel free to comment and give me any suggestions to improve the structure.

Dynamic Duos I'm thinking would have GGDAC and IG-88 AD banned due to imbalance, but anything else is fair game. Each person would select a DD and BM me their choice. Each DD can only be used once (don't want to see anyone face the same DD). Faction rule would apply here. All maps available to use.

For Tile Wars it gets a lil trickier since you won't be playing with a pre-made squad. Each person in the league would receive 4 boosters (their choices, no duplicates allowed) to build a 200 point squad (ignoring faction rule). Winners would receive a booster of their choice from pre-Legacy sets and losers would receive a booster from Legacy through MOTF. Playoffs would begin after everyone has played X # of matches (depending on the # of people who sign up). All 5x7 tiles are legal.

Please let me know what you think and hopefully if enough people feel like playing a short game (45 mins or less) this will be the place for them.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:54:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I like the idea, but I wouldn't join another league right now. Two is enough for me. I'd rather it waited until after the Drafting League and/or VCBL ended. They both have shorter schedules than the previous booster leagues.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:12:40 AM

Noted. I wasn't planning on starting until after Labor Day for this. Unless there are more people who want to play now.
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:04:09 AM

I would like to play in either of those but after VCBL and drafting league are done.
More than one booster league at a time is tuff to manage
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:28:41 AM

I'd be interested in a Dynamic Duo league. A peasant league would also be neat (Though those matches would take a little longer than DD or Tile Wars).
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:53:28 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I'd be interested in a Dynamic Duo league. A peasant league would also be neat (Though those matches would take a little longer than DD or Tile Wars).

What do you mean by a peasant league?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:24:02 AM

Think about opening the Dynamic Duo point limitation to any combo adding up to 100pts. That's how our group use to play it. It allowed a TON more combinations.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:27:14 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Think about opening the Dynamic Duo point limitation to any combo adding up to 100pts. That's how our group use to play it. It allowed a TON more combinations.

Not a bad suggestion. I will keep that in mind as I move forward.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 5:46:20 AM

I like all these formats. I don't think there's room for a league for each, though. I'd be interested in a "Decathlon" league. You could easily find 10 game formats that are off the beaten path:

1. Dynamic Duo
2. Terrific Trio
3. Fantastic Four
4,5. Tile Wars (2 formats - 1 open and 1 booster)
6. Jawa Format (Build the worst squad you can and your opponent plays with it.)
7. Surprise Synergy (Someone else came up with this but I don't remember the name of it so I just called it Surprise Synergy. Each person builds two 100-point squads. Simultaneously, each player chooses one of the two squads that the other person built. You then play with a 200-point squad consisting of the squad you built that your opponent didn't choose, plus the squad your opponent built that you selected.)
8. Breakthrough (First person to move a character off the opponent's side of the map. Or most characters moved off the map. Or most points moved off the map. Something like that - would probably need to be severely map restricted.)
9. King of the Mountain (First person to hold gambit alone for 2 rounds in a row. Map list restricted to only allow maps that force conflict in gambit.)
10. Peasant (However you want to define it. Commons only? Only figures rated below 7.0 on BlooMilk?)

I'm sure there are plenty of others.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:44:51 AM

cicrush13 wrote:

What do you mean by a peasant league?

The first Vassal Peasant league (Created years ago around the time of CotF) used the following rules:

-Cs/UCs only
-No more than 25% of the squad's points can be UCs
-No more than 25% of the squad's points can be characters with Stealth or Cloaked
-No more than 5 of a character
-Faction rules apply
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:21:59 AM

curler88j wrote:
I would like to play in either of those but after VCBL and drafting league are done.
More than one booster league at a time is tuff to manage

talk about it. I had to manage 4 leagues at one point in time. O.O
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 12:30:35 AM

hoping to get some more imput and people interested...I have counted a few interested people and would hope to get more.

This league will not start before Labor Day.
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 2:26:09 AM

ok since there have been next to no views this week (prob due to gencon)...I'm thinking that Tile Wars league will run first and then Dynamic Duo would run later this year or right after the holidays.

I will be at gencon and hope to get some more input there...please feel free to post what you think here.
cicrush13
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2010 4:41:29 AM

bump and see the sign up thread.