RegisterDonateLogin

Does NOT have a Holiday Special.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master Thon Custom Options
TheStarkiller
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:36:26 AM
Groups: Member

I have been working on a Master Thon custom today (using the Boma) and I will post pictures. First, though, I wanted to post some stats and ask what people think.

Master Thon
Old Republic
Cost: 59
HP: 200
Def: 18
Att: 10
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique, Melee Attack, Double Attack
Charging Assault +10 (Replaces turn: Can move up to 12 squares, then make an attack at +10 damage against an adjacent enemy.)
Mount (This character can transport 1 medium or small ally who ends their move adjacent to him. Remove that ally from the battle grid; they move simultaneously with this character, have cover, and are considered adjacent to him. They can make attacks, counting distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, the transported ally is defeated; save 6.)

Force Powers
Force 5
Force Bubble (Force 1: When this character takes damage, reduce that damage dealt by 20)
Force Repulse 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: 20 damage to all characters within 2 squares. Push back Huge or smaller characters to 3 squares from this character)
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:33:54 AM

Your title is misleading

That looks oddly similar to my custom stats for Thon (Found here)

So I guess I have to say they look pretty good to me.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:25:59 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Your title is misleading

That looks oddly similar to my custom stats for Thon (Found here)

So I guess I have to say they look pretty good to me.

@title: You are very right, and Thank you my friend.

They look very similar indeed. I totally wanted to make an HP tank for the old republic to go along with that Jedi Healer, but I didn't want him to be over powerful.

If you have read the books, it is easy to place Force Bubble, Repulse, Mount, and charging assault on him.

I thought that Mount should act like the troop cart (but with only 1 ally) and I really wanted to make a Dynamic Duo out of him and Nomi.

Granted, I didn't give him renewal or charging 20 because I didn't want him to be an extremely offensive character. I thought about cleave, though.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:53:05 PM

From this Picture
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:35:49 PM

TheStarkiller wrote:

They look very similar indeed. I totally wanted to make an HP tank for the old republic to go along with that Jedi Healer, but I didn't want him to be over powerful.

If you have read the books, it is easy to place Force Bubble, Repulse, Mount, and charging assault on him.

I thought that Mount should act like the troop cart (but with only 1 ally) and I really wanted to make a Dynamic Duo out of him and Nomi.

Granted, I didn't give him renewal or charging 20 because I didn't want him to be an extremely offensive character. I thought about cleave, though.

The Custom looks pretty good - especially considering that used to be a Boma. Thon doesn't really have a tail that I recall so you may want to look at trimming that off (after making sure).

The main reason I went with Charging 20 was because my version is a single attacker. as for my version of mount I figured OR would benefit more from an R2 style movement breaker (though at an huge increase in cost) plus the gaining cover seems wierd too.

Either version would be a welcome addition to the OR for sure!
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:00:15 PM

TheStarkiller wrote:

From this Picture

V nice work, thats the same mini i was planning to use when time allows.

TheStarkiller
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:40:10 PM

Made a card to go along. Switched out some force for FR 1 and MotF 2. I don't think he is overly powerful, but definitely a tank.
Cordova
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:17:13 AM

Looks good, but 200HP, MotF 2 and Force Bubble means he is going to take some serious killing.

But, his offense isn't too outrageous.

I like... :)