RegisterDonateLogin

Does not tread lightly in the Jundland Wastes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

He ruins it again Options
trappedslider
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:39:26 AM
Groups: Member

"Star Wars" movies start 3D rollout in 2012

once again GL has ruined my memories Unsure Laugh
crazybirdman
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:10:39 AM

I don't think it will make it any worse, I'm just tired of paying to see Star Wars
Aaron-Wan-Kenobi
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:15:34 AM

Word.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:05:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Meh, I just got to the HD scene, I'm not ready for 3D.
Xeonaught
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:38:45 AM

3d is a gimik for me. im perfectly happy watchiing 2d. but the times they are a changing. i would however go see them definatly just to see them on the big screen
ARCTrooper-A79
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:52:16 AM

Honestly, 3D has never enhanced my movie-going experience at any significant level. If I do go, it'll just be to get a head start on making fun of the new content that
Lucas will hamfist in (he just can't help it).
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:51:20 AM

3D gives me a headache. Why would I want to pay more money to get a headache. Sleep
Minkzx
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:51:44 PM

I am fine with 3D, but in a movie that we've already seen?
Why not do a story on the sith/OR wars or Vong and New Republic?
crazybirdman
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:23:27 AM

I don't think we want Lucas making new movies
Lt_V
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:42:08 AM

Minkzx wrote:
I am fine with 3D, but in a movie that we've already seen?
Why not do a story on the sith/OR wars or Vong and New Republic?

Awesome idea...but the answer is $$$

I just realised the Clone Wars is a series LOL...so I have been getting a SW fix there LOL
Inquisitive Infiltrator
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:50:42 AM

Yea, the last thing we need is GL making more SWs movies.
He should pass the torch to someone else like he did for Empire Strikes Back. He only jumped back on Empire because it went over Bidget towards the end, but look at the differance between all of GLs movies, and the Director of Empire. BIG AWESOME difference.
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:30:09 PM

Reason for this whole jump to 3D: $$$. It's as simple as that. All you have to do is *blur* the movie screen and--viola! You have 3D! Now movie theaters can charge 10$ more for a pair of cheesy glasses! (which they expect you to return after the movie ThumbDown )
Jedi Christian
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:43:12 PM

I'm still going. It will still be awesome. I have a 61" I normally watch it on which is great. To watch it once in a while on a giant movie screen even better. It's not like it gets released every year. I would love to see the trench run in 3D. I hope there are not too many changes if not at all personally. But, like someone else posted earlier. When it's over then we can pick it apart and start awarding the razzies. Or maybe most of us will just be happy. My biggest complaint is that they will only be released yearly (correct me if I am wrong but that is what I thought i understood). I don't remember the THX version taking that long to come out back to back. 6 years will take a long time. I will be in my early 40's when they finish.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:05:55 PM

creme_brule wrote:
Reason for this whole jump to 3D: $$$. It's as simple as that. All you have to do is *blur* the movie screen and--viola! You have 3D! Now movie theaters can charge 10$ more for a pair of cheesy glasses! (which they expect you to return after the movie ThumbDown )

In England you keep the glasses. Thus now in most houses of regular cinema visitors you find a draw full of those glasses. They are useful for costume parties to go as Where's Wally (Waldo for you cousins across the pond).
Roland Alistair
Posted: Friday, October 1, 2010 3:45:49 AM

Maybe they'll fix the cantina shoot out back to the RIGHT VERSION!Angry It's important to the character development of Han Solo! How can he be scoundrel if he doesn't shoot someone in cold blood!?!Confused
crazybirdman
Posted: Saturday, October 2, 2010 5:47:22 AM

We keep the glasses in the US too, but they don't discount your ticket if you already have a pair
hothie
Posted: Saturday, October 2, 2010 9:04:25 AM

To all of you who think that money is the reason GL is doing this, I have to disagree because of a few points.

1. Seriously??? After decades of filling our homes with Star Wars toys/movies/video games/tshirts/bed sheets/umbrellas, etc, do you really think George sits around saying,"Wow, my coffers are running dry. I really need to beat this Star Wars horse some more so I can...what, buy a Hawaiian Island?" With the sheer amount of licensed products that have been on the shelves for decades, all of which GL gets a cut of, I don't think money will ever be an issue for him. Not to mention all of the stuff that hasn't been associated with SW that he's done, just with ILM alone.

2. Speaking of ILM, I think this goes to the core of why he's making these movies available in 3D. Look at the history of George Lucas. He has always been pushing the envelope of movie-making, to the point of doing things that others have thought impossible. Right now, the movie/television industry is moving towards 3D, whether we like it or not. Honestly, I think he's feeling kinda left out, like the industry is passing him by. This is a new feeling for him, and I think he wants to throw his hat into the ring. And besides, it will be something new. Now he gets to use the technology that others have created and he can adapt it to his movies for a change.

3. Whenever George has been interviewed, his answers are always about making these movies for kids. I mean, Jar Jar was wildly unpopular with the people who were his original target audience back in 1977, but he was the most popular among their kids. Nowadays it's a cliche, but kids do really understand technology pretty well, and are willing to adapt to it much more so than their parents in many cases. I think this is another step towards making these movies more accessible to kids, by re-making them in the most recent of technologies. Especially since he's about to become a grandfather, he's gonna want his grandkids to see it in the best/newest possible format.

Like them or not, I think it will be cool to see a Podrace in 3D, as well as lightsaber and space battles. I'm looking forward to it. At least for now. :)
wampafang
Posted: Saturday, October 2, 2010 10:00:16 AM

You know, I think that I have reached the point where I now realize that I have to take the good Star Wars with the bad/mediocre. I also realize that I am going to watch anything Star Wars whether it disappoints or not, because I love the universe that much. Its kind of like loving your kids, its unconditional. I look forward to Star Wars in 3D, and if it disappoints (I don't think it will) it's still Star Wars and its on the big screen.
trappedslider
Posted: Saturday, October 2, 2010 11:40:31 AM

Roland Alistair wrote:
Maybe they'll fix the cantina shoot out back to the RIGHT VERSION!Angry It's important to the character development of Han Solo! How can he be scoundrel if he doesn't shoot someone in cold blood!?!Confused

umm by disrespecting a crime lord by stepping on his tail?
crazybirdman
Posted: Saturday, October 2, 2010 3:38:55 PM

hothie wrote:
To all of you who think that money is the reason GL is doing this, I have to disagree because of a few points.

1. Seriously??? After decades of filling our homes with Star Wars toys/movies/video games/tshirts/bed sheets/umbrellas, etc, do you really think George sits around saying,"Wow, my coffers are running dry. I really need to beat this Star Wars horse some more so I can...what, buy a Hawaiian Island?" With the sheer amount of licensed products that have been on the shelves for decades, all of which GL gets a cut of, I don't think money will ever be an issue for him. Not to mention all of the stuff that hasn't been associated with SW that he's done, just with ILM alone.

2. Speaking of ILM, I think this goes to the core of why he's making these movies available in 3D. Look at the history of George Lucas. He has always been pushing the envelope of movie-making, to the point of doing things that others have thought impossible. Right now, the movie/television industry is moving towards 3D, whether we like it or not. Honestly, I think he's feeling kinda left out, like the industry is passing him by. This is a new feeling for him, and I think he wants to throw his hat into the ring. And besides, it will be something new. Now he gets to use the technology that others have created and he can adapt it to his movies for a change.

3. Whenever George has been interviewed, his answers are always about making these movies for kids. I mean, Jar Jar was wildly unpopular with the people who were his original target audience back in 1977, but he was the most popular among their kids. Nowadays it's a cliche, but kids do really understand technology pretty well, and are willing to adapt to it much more so than their parents in many cases. I think this is another step towards making these movies more accessible to kids, by re-making them in the most recent of technologies. Especially since he's about to become a grandfather, he's gonna want his grandkids to see it in the best/newest possible format.

Like them or not, I think it will be cool to see a Podrace in 3D, as well as lightsaber and space battles. I'm looking forward to it. At least for now. :)

1) he's got mouths to feed, and a divorce to pay for, also, this way he keeps Star Wars in the top 10 grossing movies of all time
2)He's been talking about this for a long time, and it won't be 'something new" it will be Star Wars with 3D slapped on.
3) in '77 kids weren't the ones going to see Star Wars over and over again. That movie was in theaters for a year. A YEAR. it takes more than crazy kid fans to keep a movie in a theater for a year. a theater that only had one screen mind you. If the 7:00 star wars was sold out, there was no 7:30 or 8:00 show, you waited until 9:30, kids don't do that.