RegisterDonateLogin

I'm Mon Mothma, and I approve this website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Who do Mandos hate? Options
cutwater
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 12:10:19 AM
Groups: Member

Sorry, no squad as of yet. I was wondering what would be a good anti-mando squad. That's all my brother plays and I'm sitting at like 2-10. Melee, Ranged, Direct Damage? What works against these guys?

Mandos seem to be the generalized super trooper, nothing stands out as a gimmick, save the scouts. So any thoughts on the matter? Thanks!
Mickey
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 12:23:24 AM

Squint actually has a bonus against them.
LoboStele
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 12:39:40 AM

Master Kota's Repulse can work wonders against a Mandalorian squad. Use Panaka or R2-Astromech to put him in position, and then BANG! Dead Mando Scouts.

Using tempo control works really good too, because the Mandos have a tough time creating large activation armies. So things like General Dodonna, San Hill, Admiral Ozzel. Those work quite well.

New Republic can work as well. Build squads with Wedge so you get Evade against all the non-Melee Mandos. Then you have options like Mara Jedi who can use Cunning/Twin to put 60 damage on a Mando Scout, or use Assault to either take out 2 Scouts, or take out Boba. And she has Stealth, so if the Scouts lose their Accurate Shot (being granted by Boba), then it's tough to hit her, on top of Evade. Kyle's Disruptive can also help if your brother likes playing the Mando Captain and/or Quartermaster as well.
markedman247
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 12:47:43 AM

Mandos with:
Accurate shot? Draw Fire dorks them. Nothing bugs Boba worse than knowing you have to shoot at someone else outside of your intended target. Your own superstealth or Mobile Squad takes away most avenues of long distance damage.
Stealth/Cloaked? Stealth typically hates adjacent characters so very mobile Melee works against them.
Parry? The opposite of above. Hit them with non-adjcent attacks
Evade? See stealth.
Damage? This is the tough one as their shooters hurt. They hurt badly. However, X-1 or Gungan Shieldbearers really make them miserable.

Mandos are week in the various areas:
No Force points-Outside of paired with Ulic and Holo-Sid, so they are weak against save damage and that you know not to play Jedi Hunters.
High cost- Aside from Man-U's conscription, they have no units under 5 pts for their CE so that means they typically have a much smaller army than anyone else. If you have an ability to activate them, this also lessens their potential.
Limited Access to disruptive- Outside of Nym, they have no access. Which means your CEs shouldn't be negated regardless of how abusive they are :)

I don't think this is the most appropriate location for this. You might get better answers at the Help Desk section or in the General section.
cutwater
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:37:23 AM

Wow, thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to keep disruptive and Mara in mind, just gotta get them first.

Sorry about posting here, I just figured since it's about discussing squad options it would fit. My bad.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 2:23:04 AM

I'd say that any squad that's got good door control and can out-activate them would have a huge advantage over them. But I guess that would go for playing against any kind of team.
I'd say that New Republic is the team that can combat Mandos the best.
markedman247
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 3:01:07 AM

cutwater wrote:
Sorry about posting here, I just figured since it's about discussing squad options it would fit. My bad.

Keep in mind, I don't speak for the site and don't want you to think I am browbeating you. LoboStele has a better grasp on this than I do and put things more succently than I could. I don't play the NR but do realize that MarJJ is definately the bane of their existence.
Lyrek_Galstan
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 5:59:27 PM

If you have enough CotF, fight fire with fire by using the Republic Commandos. They're about the same point-wise, and are cohesively cheap enough to be just as frustrating to the Mandos as the Mandos are to them. Sooner or later, someone will lose patience and make a mistake.
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:15:33 AM

Loda.
Vegeta1978
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:18:34 AM

Being a player who likes playing Mandos, I have to say I hate going up against Chameleon Droids! When used with Greivous DAC, a BDO & Genosian Overseer, they cause headaches for anyone.