RegisterDonateLogin

Can't see a thing in this helmet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bolivar, Missouri Breakout Tourney Report Options
dnemiller
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:45:13 PM
Groups: Member

So ok Ray decided to host a double tourney today.

So Nate, Dylan, Brock and I went to Bolivar to play. We had 14 show up to the tourney which was a 200 pointer and used Dotf pieces. We then followed it up with a team Dynamic Duo tourney.

All in all it was a blast and I would like to thank both Ray and his wife Cheri for putting on the event (it was held at the Super 8 in Bolivar using the conference room. She is the GM there).

I am proud to report that Dylan played in his first sanctioned tourney today. Since this was his first the little dude played Republic. He won a game and almost beat one of the Lebanon guys (I wont mention your name Bill Hazel). Dylan went with Mon Mothma, Mas, Plo Jedi Master, Admiral Yularen, Czerka and about 19 Spaarti Clone Rookie Troopers. It was quite fun seeing him rollt he dice about 10 million times. Dylan finished 1-3 but came about 14 points total away from being 3-1 on the day. Not bad.

Dylan also got paired with Ray for the Team Dynamic Duo they finished 3rd with a 2-1 record and nearly won the only game they lost. Dylan needing a 6 for the win rolled a 5.

Nate on the day played Sith using Exar Dark Spirit, Revan (new) and a sith inquisitor. He finished 3-1 for 3rd his only loss to me. oddly enough he beat one guy using Dark Aurra and the inquisitor to take away his opponents Kyle Katarn. he then used Katarn to triple on a few times for the win..... great use of the new stuff there Nate.

All in all great day I will let other post how things went for them.

swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, November 6, 2010 10:48:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Hmm, interesting Sith squad... New BigGrin
dvader831
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 1:31:37 AM
Groups: Member

I have to admit, the event yesterday was a much bigger sucess than I had hoped for, and I am very happy for that.

It was time to break out the Mandos! I can't go into my entire squad, but I for sure love the new Gunsmith, as well as a new Mandalorian Unique figure who allows ***************. Wow, that was censored. Cool! LOL

For the DD Tourney, I went with New Revan and Jodo Kast, and my little buddy Dylan was using the squad which I used to win a DD Tourney at Gencon, Cad Bane and Darth Vader, SA. He got a little mad at me a few times because he thought I was being reckless, but when you have a piece with Cunning Attack, you sometimes just have to be pushy and go in for the attack. By our third game, he was really talking trash, saying he had done all the work and I had done nothing, so I just sat back and was going to let him get beat on all by himself. Nate looked at him and said, "Dylan, you might want to apologize to Mr. Ray. He isn't going to help you." By the third round, he quickly said, "Sorry, Mr. Ray." That is all it took, and I came out of hiding, and we still won the game! He was just very excited, and I got that. I just felt it necessary to teach him a lesson in team work. I was constantly opening doors, dealing out damage, and running interference so we could dwindle HP down. Regardless of little man's ego, we had a blast, and I couldn't have asked for a more fun partner.

I also want to say how awesome my wife and daughter are. Cheri went to get food for everyone (twice, since Dylan got left out in the first run), and she offered to do whatever we would have needed. She puts up with my "nerdness" alot, and I love her so very much for that!

I'm so glad we had such a great time yesterday!