RegisterDonateLogin

To pass it up is a big mistake-y.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Weekly Group Starting in Maryland. Tues Nights!! Options
Firespray
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 5:41:28 AM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone. We are going to be starting a weekly group in the DC/Balt area. The store location is:

Comics to Astonish
9400 Snowden River Pkwy #112
Columbia, MD 21045
410-381-2732

We will be playing on Tuesday nights between 6:00-8:00. Since we are just starting things may change a little in the future based upon demands, but this is our current outlook. For the first week (16 Nov) I suggest we play 200pt games, although I am flexible if anyone has some other format they prefer. In the future we can mix in different formats/scenario's as we see fit. I know we may be starting with only a couple of people, but to be honest, if there is at least one other person there that I can play with....then I'm happy. Please post if you plan on coming this Tuesday, and let me know if you have any questions or would like to join the group.
Jay_Bounty_Hunter
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:19:29 AM

I'll be there. I'm only bringing a couple of 200pt squads since you said that is what the format is. See you there around 6.
Firespray
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:02:21 AM

Great!! Look forward to meeting you there, and anyone else if they can make it. I'll try and remember to bring a few maps, but feel free to bring some as well.
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:58:48 PM

I am willing to make the drive up to you guys. I live a little over an hour away, so it's not that bad. I won't be able to show up until the week after Thanks Giving. Let me know if you guys aren't playing that day. Anyways, hope to see you all there!

Sincerely,
Jester007
Zalkrie
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:42:32 PM

Ben.....how cool is it that you pulled a place to play......I would love to come down, but weeknights are tough that far away......with that said, I may be able to come down Tuesday the 23rd. I am off of work on the 24th, so no worries about staying up late! I will try to bring Jordan down with me too!!
Jay_Bounty_Hunter
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:39:16 AM

Thanks Ben, it was nice to get out and knock the rust off. You were absolutely right about the LA by the way. Just wanted to let you know that I will not be there next Tuesday, I'm heading home. I will be available for Nov. 30th anyone wants to try for then.
Firespray
Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:54:11 AM

Jay I had a great time on Tues. and look forward to many more.

Hey Tom, that would be great to see you and Jordan on the 23rd. The format is still open for input, but here are some of my ideas:
1. We can do a standard 150 or 200pt
2. 150pt with unique's restricted...in otherwords you can't have any uniques on your squad
3. 200pt and you MUST have at least 2 large/huge characters
4. Gladiator Tag-Team arena style....bring 4 characters (200pt total restriction) with no duplicates (ie can't bring boba BH and BH merc, or two different yoda's etc.) and no faction restrictions (ie you can have a sith, a rebel, a Vong, and a Imperial). then you can only have 2 characters in at a time (ie when one char dies, then you can bring in another)....then basically fight it out to the death.

These are just a few ideas. If anyone has another idea they really want to play, or a preference for any of these let me know and we can set it up. If not, I'll just choose the format by Sunday night and post it.

<--> Jester007 we would love to have you come when you can. We look forward to playing with you and adding you to our group. Also, if you know of anyone else that may be interested please pass on the word.

Firespray
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 9:38:34 AM

Ok....looks like we'll do a standard 150pt this week. Keep it simple. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Please, post or BM me if you plan on attending....or just show up since this is kind of late notice.
Firespray
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2010 9:39:35 AM

Ok....looks like we'll do a standard 150pt this week. Keep it simple. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Please, post or BM me if you plan on attending....or just show up since this is kind of late notice. Same time (6:00-8:00), and place (Comics to Astonish....address on top of post)
Firespray
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:02:48 AM

Ok...for this week, I think 150pt will work, unless anyone else has any format they would prefer. Please, post or Bloomilk me if you are planning on making it. Same time (6:00-8:00). Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:09:09 AM

Ben, congratulations on getting this off of the ground. Like Tom, however, it is tough for me to do anything on weeknights. December is particularly tough, but maybe I'll see if I can make it in January sometime.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 1:16:46 PM

Does anyone in this play group who is from Maryland want a set of Destiny of the Force cards? Because if you do, I need to know soon. And by soon I mean in the next day or two, lol.
Jedicartographer
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 11:29:01 PM

Does anyone want to attend Marscon on Saturday, January 15th for Star Wars events? It’s in Williamsburg, Va.

Williamsburg is a 3 hour Drive from DC , 4 Hrs From Baltimore, 3 Hrs From St Marys.

I need to get some Definitive numbers soon. If I don’t get some sort of feed back in the next few days, I’m going to call it off.

http://www.marscon.net/
Firespray
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 9:20:34 PM

I'm thinking 200pt construction for this week unless there are any other preferences.....once again pls let me know if you are planning on coming. Looking forward to Tues.
Firespray
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 6:23:26 AM

I'll be out of town for the Holiday's (and it sounds like a lot of others will be as well), so we will resume our weekly group on Tues. Jan 4, 2010. Haven't decided on the format for then, but as always it is open for input. Hope everyone has a great Holiday.
Demosthenes
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 6:57:30 AM

Darn, Ted and I were hoping to come on the 22nd. Sad =(
Firespray
Posted: Monday, January 3, 2011 7:45:06 AM

Back from Vacation and I am up for meeting tommorrow (4 Jan) if anyone is interested. If you are planning on coming PLEASE let me know and I will make it. Otherwise I will assume everyone is still recovering from their vacation. I'll plan on running 200pt, unless anyone strongly objects. But please RSVP me on this post or just bloomilk me. Thanks
Archdeluxe
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:16:15 AM

I'll stop in tonight for a game. May be my only chance before classes start again =)
-Arch
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:00:24 AM

Your guys' place is just under 2 hours away from me, so I may be able to visit for one night sometime. I'm not exactly on a steady income, and I'm leaving for college this fall, so it would have to be worth it for me to visit. How many people usually show up?
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 3:22:40 AM

Are you guys getting together tonight? I may be able to make it. If so, what's the format?

Sincerely,
Jester007