Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:03:40 PM
Groups: Member

December 4th Star Wars Minis Event!

Where: Big Larry's Comic Book Cafe
22745 Washington Street
Leonardtown, MD 20650
(http://www.aardvarkreturns.com/)
When: Saturday, December 4th, 12pm start (Store opens at 12)
Format: Two Tournaments, four 45-minute rounds each.
Tournament 1: 200 Points, Standard Map List.
Tournament 2: Virtual Sealed Event! 125 points.
- Each Participant will get two random boosters opened using the Open Boosters section of BlooMilk, and I'll BM the participant what pulls they got. Their task will then be to build a 125 point squad using those figures.
- If you don't have all the pieces, just ask someone ahead of time. I know I have most of the pieces that will be in the boosters I'm choosing from and would be ok loaning out pieces if you give me advanced warning that you need it.
Cost of Attendance: $3

Let's have the best SWM Event EVER at Big Larry's Comic Book Cafe! As always, bring your minis, and your appetite for chili dogs and ice cream, lol.

Let me know any ideas you have for the Tournament, and we'll discuss!
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:01:59 AM

I'll take suggestions for any events you guys are interested in having. Let's make this event tons of fun!
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:35:58 PM

I think 200pts is the most popular right now. I am for a straight 200pt tournament. While I'd like to see a tournament that limits players to using specific factions, that isn't really encouraging to new players, who may have limited collections. So...my two cents is make it simple for the new guys to play.
Jester007
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:10:56 AM

How's about a virtual sealed tournament? Everybody opens up two boosters, using the feature on this site, and puts together a squad of 100-125 points. We can do something crazy and decide to use two different sets for the boosters. Like Champions of the Force and Jedi Academy, Imperial Entanglements and Dark Times, etc.

Sincerely,
Jester007
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:32:49 AM

I think that sounds like a pretty neat idea, actually. I'll look into how to make that feasible. Thanks for the ideas!
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:43:49 AM

I like Ian's idea as well...how would we implement that? Would we just have Justin tell us our pulls (and someone pull his figs and tell him) and then bring our squads to the tournament? That might be better than bringing 2 or 3 sets worth of pieces. Additionally, new players could rely on older players stuff AND their expertise on putting together a squad.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 3:15:31 AM

Yep I think that would be the best way to do it, but I'd have to make sure I got an accurate head count ahead of the event so I could send everyone their pulls.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 9:32:30 PM

4 coming so far... I still like Ian's idea but if you are having 2 tournaments then a straight 200 would be nice, as some of the guys haven't read the thread and were excited about putting together a 200pt squad.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 9:34:04 PM

Just thought of something...what do you want to do about last minute entries? I get that sometimes with some members of this group.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 5:56:21 AM

I can pull some random boosters and have some figs ready for them to make a team.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:49:18 AM

Events have been decided upon!
- Event 1 will be a regular 200-point event, Standard Map List, four 45-minute rounds.
- Event 2 will be a Virtual Sealed Event. I'll open two boosters virtually and BM you your pulls, and you make a 125 point squad using those pieces, normal sealed rules apply (No faction restrictions, Unique SA ignored).

If you need some pieces from the boosters you got, just ask me and I can either loan you the piece or find someone who has it and is willing to loan.

This means I need to know ahead of time who will be coming. I've already pulled boosters for Jim and Ian, as well as those from my play group. So if you're thinking of coming just BM me and I'll pull some boosters for you.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 1:55:53 PM

Good way to do it. I'll let my guys know to BM you to get their pulls.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 1:20:02 PM

Just a few days away and I haven't heard back from anyone else besides Ian, Jim's group, and Paul. If you're planning on coming let me know so I can get you some pulls for the virtual sealed event!
Weeks
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 1:58:33 PM

I wish i lived closer to you guys cuase id come and check this out. As soon as i get my teleportation device built i can make more of your tourneys.

Good Luck with it I hope it goes well!
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 8:37:41 PM

Weeks wrote:
I wish i lived closer to you guys cuase id come and check this out. As soon as i get my teleportation device built i can make more of your tourneys.

Great Scott! What did you do with the DeLorean?!
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 3:22:26 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth_Jim wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Great Scott! What did you do with the DeLorean?!

Ugh, the DeLorean is totally for time travel, not teleportation. Unless, the Delorean works by creating a worm hole that can transcend both time and space. I haven't seen the movies in awhile though, so honestly have no clue.

Also, in regards to the actual event: in attendance.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:49:40 AM

I'm toying with the idea of having officially-previewed DotF pieces legal for the 200 Tournament, but don't know how best to have a way to check cards. What do people think?
Archdeluxe
Posted: Saturday, December 4, 2010 11:44:20 PM

Had a Great time. Thanks for organizing it Demosthenes. Looking forward to attending more events and meeting more bloomilk players.
-Arch
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:04:35 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed running it, and am glad the turnout was good! Look forward to seeing all of you guys at future events, and hopefully some new guys will be joining us too. =)
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 4:48:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sorry I punked out during the second event guys. I went home in an attempt to rest, but couldn't fall asleep until four in the morning again. Crying