RegisterDonateLogin

Had enough calcium to preserve Owen and Beru's bones.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Site Update - 12/9/2010 - Bug Reports Options
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:41:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I am starting and stickying this thread so that members can post bugs/errors they encounter with the new features, and keep them all in one place for easy access.

I encourage members to go ahead and send their error information to shinja, but by checking/posting here first, we might avoid a lot of redundant error reports being sent, allowing him more time to get fixes done.

Please indicate if you have notified shinja of the error(s) you post.

shinja@live.com or Bloomail Shinja

Edit: Also, it may be helpful to indicate which browser and version you are using.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:43:19 AM

Great ideas!
I started adding my custom Abilities, Powers and CEs. Those work great.
However, I cannot add any of them to a custom character. I get an "Error on page" errror.
Also, when I go to create a custom character, the browser errors out.
(copied from General post) (no PM to Shinja)
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 12:51:28 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Odd, it seems to be working for me. What browser?

Also, if the screens are looking weird, try taking IE off Compatability View. Bloomilk runs better without it.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 1:19:56 AM

That is weird. I just turned Compatability View "on" and it was still messed up. So I turned it "off" and now everything is working fine.
"It's not my fault!"
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 4:12:04 AM
Groups: Member

When viewing My Custom Special Abilities, the header says "Showing X-X Custom Force Powers".
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 4:41:51 AM

I added a comment to two mini's on my trade list in -My Collection-. But when I go to my Trades the comments are not being updated. However when I go back to -My Collection- The comments I added are there. Confused
cymonguk
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 9:34:41 AM

Using Safari I cannot seem to type in the text box for bloomail, so cannot reply/etc?
Desslok
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 2:33:42 PM

Okay, here's an issue (or it may be that I'm just not looking in the right spot or something). There's a couple of things that I have listed as trades in my collection (in this case, my newly acquired Luke's Landspeeder from Alliance and Empire) but it's not showing up in my For Trade section.

See, here its is, on the My Collections page:

And here's the My Trades page, filtered for just all my VRs. As you can see - no landspeeder!

And actually looking at it now, the Boba Fett from Legacy of the Force isn't showing up either.
Jimmigration
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 7:49:11 PM

Having the same problems as cymonguk. It is also effecting commenting on squads as well.
Ruhk
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:35:45 AM

I was browsing other user's Haves page, for trading. and when I clicked on 'Next' to go to page two, it went to page 2 of MY haves. by editing the address bar, I was able to get the the next pages, but once I got to page 5 of a specific user, it wouldn't show anything (they had 10 pages of haves, but pages 5 was blank)
shinja
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:06:59 AM
Groups: Administration

I deployed a fix this morning that should solve the issues people were having with updating their collection and with typing in certain text areas in Safari.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 7:40:37 AM

shinja wrote:
I deployed a fix this morning that should solve the issues people were having with updating their collection and with typing in certain text areas in Safari.

Your "fix" hasn't worked, at least not for me. In fact, it caused me to have the problem, as I never encountered this issue before the fix.
shinja
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 9:43:20 AM
Groups: Administration

SuperYodaMan wrote:
shinja wrote:

Your "fix" hasn't worked, at least not for me. In fact, it caused me to have the problem, as I never encountered this issue before the fix.

Which problem are you having?
yuuzhanvonghunter
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 10:02:32 AM

If I go to "My Collection", and add in some guys, if i go to the place where you see how many guys in each set, it doesnt show the guys. if i look in my haves, they appear in there.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 11:56:35 AM

shinja wrote:
Which problem are you having?

I can't type text into squad comment boxes or into the text field to write BlooMails when I use Safari (version 5.0). Sorry about the ambiguity.

By the way, thank you for fixing the problem with the character browser and the character/ability/CE searches! Much appreciated.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 2:01:20 PM

I hate to double-post, but since I'm addressing a completely separate issue than my last post, I thought people wouldn't mind.

Another issue that I've encountered is that when you select "Random Unrated Squad" from the "Squad" drop-down menu, it only cycles through the unrated squads in the "Feedback Requested" section rather than all public unrated squads.

I have also noticed that there is an issue with hyperlinked words in/directing to the Glossary; in the Glossary Text section of a term/SA/FP, certain words are only in brackets ( [] ) instead of hyperlinked like they used to be. Also, when I click on a hyperlinked Special Ability/Force Power name on a character's stat card, the link sends me to the Glossary, but not to the specific term I clicked on, like it did before. Furthermore, anything hyperlinked text that links to a "Glossary Term" is broken. I am also having a lot of trouble with broken links to SAs and FPs in the Glossary. I think this is related to the problem I pointed out in the second sentence of this text block, because the problem doesn't occur all of the time; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

You are also still short 10 CEs on the custom character builder, and in fact some of the CEs that are on the list are duplicated.

The "Search" feature on the forums still doesn't work, either (has it ever?).

Sorry to be the one that seems to always be picking things apart, but there are always bound to be tons of little problems like this when a website such as BlooMilk gets overhauled, so I'm just trying to help.
Squid89
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 11:15:08 PM

Using Firefox 3.6.13 on any page except the forums, the top blue bar with the links (characters, squads, etc) displays as text only bulleted list down the left hand side. When I hover over any, it expands out for the sub-options, but rather hard to maneuver as they keep expanding and contracting.

Thanks for all the work though and the constant improvements! ThumbsUp
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 2:48:56 AM

Squid89 wrote:
Using Firefox 3.6.13 on any page except the forums, the top blue bar with the links (characters, squads, etc) displays as text only bulleted list down the left hand side. When I hover over any, it expands out for the sub-options, but rather hard to maneuver as they keep expanding and contracting.

Thanks for all the work though and the constant improvements! ThumbsUp

I've also hit that a few times. A reload fixes it, but there would seem to be a transient glitch there...
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:23:00 AM

I have another problem to report. When I try to Edit squads under "My Squads", it won't let me individually remove characters that I have already put in. Also when I click on the "Remove All Characters" button, it will take all the characters out of the squad, but will not update the change in points spent/remaining.

Sincerely,
Jester007
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 10:37:40 AM

Can't send BlooMails on Google Chrome. Works fine on Internet Explorer, though.