RegisterDonateLogin

I truly, deeply love Bloo.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

My SWM Holiday :) Options
Darth O
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 12:12:28 PM
Groups: Member

I went on a holiday with my mate Minitank_HT for a week, and we both brought all our minis (minus his AT-ST). We pretty much just played minis most of the time apart from the odd trip to the beach for a kayak. Sorry if most of it is short or inaccurate; I have a terrible memory. Bored

In no particular order, here are the matches:

My Squad:
Grievous DAC
Wat Tambor TUF
Bodyguard Droid
San Hill
Security BD
BD Officer
Geo Drone LOL

His Squad:
Xizor
Cad Bane
Nautolan BSV
Whiphid Tracker
Jawa Scavenger (I think)
and maybe a Kel Dor BH

Basically they all had Stealth so they could get Xizor's CE

It was on the RotS Starter board and he was on the side with the pit. I have no idea who won initiative or anything but here goes! I managed to get a 1 so I got a Neimoidian Warrior and a Battle Droid for reserves. He moved up his figures and decided to go into the room on his right side and left his commanders near the pit. I went into the room on my side. I manged to kill his Kel Dor with my Neimoidian because of accurate. After a couple of rounds I triggered Wat's IDR 20 and immediately (lol anyone?) put in an R7 and 3 Battle Droids. Going first, I locked his Cad Bane, Tracker, and Jawa in the little room that he had put them in LOL and sneaked up on Xizor and the NBSV with Grievous and his bodyguard. Upon losing them, he pretty much gave up and I killed all his other figures shortly afterwards.

My Squad:
General Wedge
Leia JK
Shado Vao
Aurra Sing
Uggie Demo
Kel Dor BH

His Squad:
Bastila JM
The Revanchist
Lobot CLO
Whiphid Tracker
IG-88, Assassin Droid

We played on the Showdown at Teth map. I was on the side with the stairs before the doors. I was all sneakyish and put all of my characters in cover behind the walls that stick out in the middle apart from Aurra and the Uggie; they went down the corridor on the right. He basically just shut me out with Lobot and Meditated Cursing I had to keep bouncing back and forth between doors, trying to get through one. Eventually I opened one with my Kel Dor and got immediately pushed by The Revanchist :( He got Reserves and put in an R7 and a Peace Brigade Thug with Lando DS. He made sure he was able to completely lock me out except for Aurra and the Uggie who made it through their door and got killed soon after. I did manage to kill the Whiphid and one or two other fodder characters though. He basically just opened 1 door at a time and killed the rest of my characters :(

My Squad:
Mandalore the Preserver
Jaster Mereel
Mando Commander
2 Mando Commandos
Mando Scout
R7 Astro
Uggie Demo
Uggie Droid Destroyer

His Squad:
Joruus C'Baoth
Potty Palps
Mith'Thrawn
Elite Scout Trooper
Arica
Lobot CLO
181st Pilot
Kel Dor BH

We played this one on Nelvaan (chosen after we built the squads. I'm not silly enough to put in door control on a blankish map :P). He was on the side with the cave. He set Palpy up where he was always the nearest enemy and always in cover. Jaster's Reinforcements were a Gunslinger and another Commando. I basically set up my squad behind my mesa and went with mobile attack with all my Mandos. I set up the Commandos behind the trees. For most of the game he stayed back until he moved up Joruus and lightninged each of my commandos one by one eventually. He had 3 attempts at dominating Mandalore but they all failed. He managed to be sneaky with his Kel Dor and dominated him into my Gunslinger, Mandalore, and Commander. 30 damage on each after they all made their Beskar'gam saves. After some more mobiling from me, he managed to kill all my commandos and my scout and I almost killed Joruus and Arica. He eventually managed to kill all the rest without losing anyone else :(

We played more games, but I'll post about them later!
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 11:48:39 PM

Sounds like a pretty fun holiday you guys had. The perfect sort of holiday.
qvos
Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2011 3:41:58 AM

Yes! the perfect Vacation. Minis and Sun!