RegisterDonateLogin

Crack open a bottle of Tatooine's finest.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Virginia 2011 Star Wars Miniatures Regional Tournament 5/28/2011 Options
markedman247
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:06:13 PM
Groups: Member

I know of most of the squads that were being played but I may not now every exacting detail:
Mine: NR (Named it "Confidence is Very Sexy" but it's called many other things since it's mostly unoriginal): Han GH, Mara Jade-Jedi, Dash Rendar-DS, Lobot, Jagged Fel, and Dodanna
Ian: Bastilla Shan-JM, 1 Jedi Seer, Lobot, 3 Jedi Battlemasters
Kris: Bastilla Shan-JM, Darth Revan-SL, Jedi Crusader, Cade Bane (never played him but saw most of his squad)
Andrew: Jaster Mareel, Mando Scouts, Mando Captain (I think), Mando Marauders
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:16:09 PM

To add on what Cory has already mentioned in my squad, I also had:

Old Republic Diplomat
R7 Astromech Droid
Mouse Droid x2
Ugnaught Demolitionist

My map of choice was Theed Palace.

In every game, I brought in with Lobot:
Human Bodyguard
Mouse Droid x3

I went 5-0 with 15 points in the swiss rounds. I'll give a more detailed report next time I'm on. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester007
jhc36
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 10:27:53 PM

So what were the final results and squad lists?
DarthMalus
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 10:50:55 PM

Roy will post the write up soon. Memorial Day weekend probably kept him from the internet. I'm expecting by the end of the day it will be here.
adidamps2
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:48:21 AM

Represented the Separatist's with the B3 Ultra Battle Droid! Oh yeah! Only one there! LOL

and ended up taking out Kyle Katarn Battle Master and GM Luke SKywalker with Flamethrower! 2 rounds, pawned and normal activation equaled 4 flamethrower 20's! Got things heated up in there! lol
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:24:28 AM

I'll have a full write-up later, but I just wanted to thank Roy for an awesome event, the NoVA guys for making a great showing, and Kris and Cory showing me just how fickle dice can be. =P

I went 3-2 with 7 points. My 2 losses came to Kris (3rd place) and Cory (4th place).

My squad:
Ladies of the New Republic
56 Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
29 Ganner Rhysode
23 General Wedge Antilles
10 Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
16 R7 Astromech Droid x2
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
12 Activations, 200 points.

The squad was not bad, but when Jaina's rolls weren't with her, things went south in a hurry. Also, going up against Master Tactician against Kris was not my friend, as I never got Cunning off with Mara. Many of my matches came down to a single important roll that decided the tide of the battle. Against Phil Ricciardi, it was a won initiative when our Maras were based with each other (I hadn't won a single initiative that entire match until that point). Against Stephen, it was the same situation. Against Kris, it was his Cad Bane missing 2 attacks (needing 4s) on my Mara, leaving her alive and ready to take Cad out, even though I still lost that match. Against Cory, it was my Mara missing her last attack on his unactivated Mara and leaving her with 20 HP left, and me with a dead Mara eventually.

It was just frustrating to feel that I was a handful of rolls from having a real shot at 5-0, but congrats to Ian and everyone else at Regionals! Next year, I'll try and actually practice my squad so I can finally make it out of the middle of the pack at a Regional, lol.
swrogue57
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:24:27 AM

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted the results yet. It was a loooong weekend. It sad when you need a vacation from your 3 day weekend. I am still at work right now and don't have the info I need to put up all the information. However, as soon as I get home I will update everyone with everything that I can about Saturdays tournament.

Roy (drkjedi35 on swmgamers.com)
StarKiller97
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 12:08:03 AM

Then he vanished

Jester007 wrote:
Just one more day and a wake up. Can't wait to see the squad turn out. Just don't feel bad when I walk away with the GENCON badge. Cool

Sincerely,
Jester007