creme_brule
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 3:20:04 PM
Groups: Member

keith wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
keith wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
That's pretty sweet.
Any chance of seeing some lightsabers glowing? (consider that a challenge...)

Glowing lightsabers are in the planning phase and will be quite tricky, I think I will be doing a hologram or force spirit next.

That's awesome! I'd love to turn my Ani FS into a glowing one! ThumbsUp same goes for holosid.

BTW, i just checked your site, and i've gotta say it's purely AWESOME. I viewed the tutorial on how to make your own electronic board and it looks pretty sweet and thourough as well. If you make multiple of these, are you willing to sell them possibly?

If there is enough interest to do a batch of 10 base stations or so the cost for parts goes down considerably. At that point I can do something on kickstarter since that seems to be the standard for funding star wars minis projects.

I definitely want to have a more refined "production" version of it before I attempt to sell them, although the current version is really close to what the final version would be. I would also like to have a pack in map/map module to include with every system. Sorta how every old nintendo came with mario bros. This means I need to partner up with a cartographer to get a map that would be designed to take advantage of the system and have it be the pack in map. Extra map modules would be sold individually on my site with paypal or something similar, since the cost to build is low. I'm not too worried about money though which is why the build plans and software for everything is free on my website. www.keithspage.com/swmem

I've started a thread specific to the electronic maps here: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=8846

well; i know for one that i would be moer than happy to pay for one of those awesome elctronic boards + map packs. so thats +1 supporter for you! =D
qvos
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:57:53 AM

That Looks Awesome Keith. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!
keith
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:45:45 PM

SeijiX wrote:
keith wrote:
SeijiX wrote:
shame, i cant seem to view itSad i would love to make my own light up bacta tank!

I don't have instructions on building it yet but will make a how to once I make another batch of them.

awesome! looking forward to it ThumbsUp

I just posted the build plans for my bacta tank.
www.keithspage.com/swm
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:58:14 AM

Thanks for the how to. That is brilliant!
SeijiX
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:34:16 PM

inspired by keith! though my works are nothing compared to his. i had a few spares so i tested it out myself. cant wait for the how-to guides so i can make them so much better!

thumbs up to keith once again for these awesome inspirations!
keith
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:04:24 PM

SeijiX wrote:

inspired by keith! though my works are nothing compared to his. i had a few spares so i tested it out myself. cant wait for the how-to guides so i can make them so much better!

thumbs up to keith once again for these awesome inspirations!

WOW! thats nuts. How are you lighting those troopers? I'm very impressed.

you can check out the how-to for my bacta at www.keithspage.com/swm/bacta.html
SeijiX
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:16:53 PM

I totally missed your post on the bacta tank! The trooper is Captain Rex 501st Commander, same figure as I was just testing which color looked better. And had I known about the battery holder I would have done it completely different.

What I did was basically, just drilled a hole on the bottom and had the light placed horizontally and had the battery behind him, sort of like an extra "base" or "addition" to the figure. The problem with Rex was because his flames looked really thin so I didn't want to have the light placed vertically for fear of accidentally over drilling to the other side. Now thanks to your guide, I have more confidence in doing future minis rather than doing guessworks and crossing my fingers hoping that I won't mess up and ruin a figure. Laugh

qvos
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:27:17 PM

Thanks for showing how to do this also! I'm going to be trying this this weekend!
keith
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:04:47 PM

SeijiX wrote:
I totally missed your post on the bacta tank! The trooper is Captain Rex 501st Commander, same figure as I was just testing which color looked better. And had I known about the battery holder I would have done it completely different.

What I did was basically, just drilled a hole on the bottom and had the light placed horizontally and had the battery behind him, sort of like an extra "base" or "addition" to the figure. The problem with Rex was because his flames looked really thin so I didn't want to have the light placed vertically for fear of accidentally over drilling to the other side. Now thanks to your guide, I have more confidence in doing future minis rather than doing guessworks and crossing my fingers hoping that I won't mess up and ruin a figure. Laugh

I just saw where you put the battery in the red rex figure, for some reason I was blind to it the first time.
keith
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 4:17:05 PM

Need to find a smaller battery.
SeijiX
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 8:20:43 AM

awesome! can't wait for this one's guide too! simply amazingThumbsUp
qvos
Posted: Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:58:24 PM

Great idea with the R-2! Also, I saw the Holonet Veers in the back round. Great Idea!