RegisterDonateLogin

Charming to the last.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

300 point extravaganza Options
BENE
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:19:53 PM
Groups: Member

So R5Don4 picked the format for this one because he won the last tournament (as usual) and we went with a 300pt, 2 commander max, 10 activation max for the game with reserves/reinforcements allowed beyond those constrictions. We had 9 players show up as well, with 2 adult player and 7 kids ranging from grade 2 to grade 9.
I helped my students put together their teams, which tended to consist of "put your 10 highest value pieces together" since they don't have a lot of options and they are allowed to mix factions in order to facilitate any sort of decent play. I gave them each a Lobot CL, Leia of Bespin, GOWK, Dooku of Serenno (those last two being brutal on the same team). R5 brought a few pieces to loan out as well (Viper Droids and some others) so the kids could get closer to the 300pt limit.
My team was: Anakin and Padme on Reek, Jango BH, Boba Enforcer, Tarpals, Panaka, Gungan Artillerist, rodian diplomat, ASN Assassin Droid, Lobot, Dash Rendar RS and Rodian brute with 4 mouse droids and Salacious Crumb for reserves. The aim was to get double replace attack options with Tarpals as the main thing without relying on force powers too much and deliver damage without having to worry about Soresu or massive defense ratings. I also wanted to play the APReek.
My first two games I cleaned up pretty easily against a couple of kids from my class (they're still figuring the game out), but I was happy to see how tough my squad was in dealing with their biggest threats.
However, then I played my last opponent, R5Don4, and as usual, he cut me down on the Rancor Pit map. He played 2 IG Lancers with GGDAC, the IG88 w/pulse cannon, Sidious, a couple of IG 86 pieces, Gha Nackt, Lobot and a whole load of mouse droids. I only managed to get the 2 Lancers and a handful of mouse droids as he quickly took down my team in chunks.
I've only beaten R5Don4 two times. Maybe next month will be 3rd?
Anyway, another team that did ok was Jordan's, also a GGDAC team, but it didn't fare well against Don's team either.