RegisterDonateLogin

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fall of Hoth Scenario - First Draft Options
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 9:11:15 AM
Groups: Member

The following is a first draft of a scenario for the attack on Hoth. The idea is for a two part battle with the Empire destroying the shield generator then storming Echo base. The Empire has unlimited resources, and will eventually take down the base, but the Rebels win if they hold off the Empire long enough for their transports to get away.

Part 1: Assault on the Shield Generator

Imperial Forces: 894pts
Lord Vader
General Veers, Hologram
1 Imperial Officer
2 Snowtrooper Officers
2 AT-ATs
Blizzard One
3 AT-STs
8 Snowtroopers
6 Elite Snowtroopers
1 Snowtrooper with E-Web Cannons
1 Probe Droid
2 Elite AT-AT Drivers

Rebel Forces: 896pts
General Rieekan
Luke’s Snowspeeder and Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed (See “Bail Out”)
Han Solo, Scoundrel
Princess Leia, Hoth Commander
Chewbacca, Rebel Hero
C3PO
R2-D2 w/ Extended Sensor
Wedge’s Snowspeeder and Wedge Antilles (See “Bail Out”)
3 Rebel Officers
2 Hoth Trooper Officers
10 Hoth Troopers
8 Elite Hoth Troopers
3 Atgar Cannons
4 Repeating Blaster Cannons
3 Golan Arms Anti-Infantry Batteries
4 Snowspeeders and 4 Rebel Pilots (See “Bail Out”)

Deployment:
The Rebel player deploys first, and sets up anywhere at least sixteen squares away from the right map edge (the red area above). The Imperial player deploys second and sets up anywhere within fifteen squares of the right board edge (the blue area above).

Objectives:
The Imperial advance is inexorable, an entire column of AT-ATs is closing on the shield generator, and once the shield is down an entire legion of Snowtroopers are ready to storm Echo base. The Rebellion’s only hope is to stall the eventual fall of Echo base for long enough to provide covering fire from the base’s ion cannon to escaping transports.

The Imperial player ends the scenario by destroying the shield generator. The Rebel player gains one victory point at the end of each round (including the round in which the generator is destroyed). The Imperial player gains 10 victory points for destroying the shield generator and 1 victory point each time it defeats a unique Rebel character.

Special Rules:

Destroy the Shield Generator:
The shield generator is Defense: 8, has Damage Reduction 30 and 600 hit points. The generator is immobile, never has cover, is not subject to commander effects, and can not activate. The shield generator applies it’s Damage Reduction to all attacks, even attacks that normally could not be prevented or redirected.

Trenches:
Characters in the trenches have a defense bonus of +6 rather than the normal +4 for cover. Characters in trenches do not provide cover to characters outside trenches.

Bail Out:
Each time a Rebel Snowspeeder is defeated, place a Rebel Pilot in the center square the speeder used to occupy. If Luke’s Snowspeeder is defeated, place “Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed” instead. If Wedge’s Snowspeeder is defeated, place Wedge Antilles instead. The costs of Rebel Snowspeeders, Luke’s Snowspeeder, and Wedge’s Snowspeeder are increased to 48pts, 73pts, and 61pts respectively.

Armored Transports:
Before deployment, the Imperial player can designate any number of small, medium, or large characters as riding in a particular AT-AT. These characters are not deployed at the start of the scenario. At the end of any round, after all characters have activated, the Imperial player may deploy up to six characters from “inside” an AT-AT. Each character must be placed in an unoccupied space adjacent to the AT-AT and can not activate round they are deployed.

If an AT-AT is destroyed, all characters without a force rating who are riding in it are treated as defeated. Any characters with a force rating are placed in any unoccupied square adjacent to the AT-AT. If there are no unoccupied squares, the character is defeated.

Inexorable Advance:
Inexhaustible Imperial reinforcements are making their way towards the shield generator. Whenever a non-unique Imperial character is defeated, set it aside. At the beginning of each round, before initiative is determined, the Imperial player rolls a d20 for each character set aside and adds +5 for each token on the character. On a 1-10, do nothing. On an 11-15, add a token to the character. On a 16-20, the Imperial player may deploy the character in any unoccupied square along the right map edge.

If an AT-AT is returned to the map in this way, all small, medium, and large set aside casualties that have not yet returned are designated as riding in the AT-AT.

Fall Back!
Any unique Rebel character may leave the map by exiting through any of the doors marked “Base Entrance”. Characters who flee in this way do not grant victory points to the Imperial player and will be available to defend Echo Base in part two. Defeated unique characters will not be available in part two.

A Little Hoarse:
General Rieekan isn’t feeling at his best today. His commander effect is limited to within 6 squares of him.
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 9:11:50 AM

Part Two: Echo Base

Imperial Forces: 347pts
Lord Vader
3 Snowtrooper Officers
12 Snowtroopers
8 Elite Snowtroopers
3 Snowtroopers with E-Web Cannons

Rebel Forces: 347pts
General Rieekan
Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Han Solo, Scoundrel
Princess Leia, Hoth Commander
Chewbacca, Rebel Hero
C3PO
R2-D2 w/ Extended Sensor
2-1B
2 Rebel Officers
1 Hoth Trooper Officer
6 Hoth Troopers
4 Elite Hoth Troopers
3 Rebel Pilots
1 Bacta Tank

Map:
I’ve got a copy of CPreksta's Echo Base map above, but you can use any of the many Echo Base maps people have made. The one above is simple the one I think is best.

Deployment:
The Rebel player deploys first, and sets up anywhere at least five squares away from the right map edge (the red area above). The Imperial player deploys second and sets up anywhere within four squares of the right board edge (the blue area above).

Objectives:
The scenario ends when there are no Rebel characters left on the map. At the end of each round, the Rebel player gains 1 victory point if there is at least one Rebel character in the “Command and Control” room (the dark red area in the map above) and no Imperial characters are in it. This represents command and control directing the evacuating transports and controlling the ion cannon.

The Imperial player gains 10 victory points when it wipes out the entire Rebel force and 1 victory point each time it defeats a unique Rebel character.

Special Rules:

Get to Your Ships!
Any Rebel character may leave the map by exiting through one of the doors on the left hand side of the map. Any character which ends its turn in the left side turbolift may activate the lift if they end their turn in the turbolift and no Imperial characters are in the lift. When the turbolift activates, all characters in the lift are removed from the map. Unique characters who flee in this way do not grant victory points to the Imperial player.

Inexorable Advance:
An entire legion of Stormtroopers are available to storm Echo Base. Whenever a non-unique Imperial character is defeated, set it aside. At the beginning of each round, before initiative is determined, the Imperial player rolls a d20 for each character set aside and adds +5 for each token on the character. On a 1-10, do nothing. On an 11-15, add a token to the character. On a 16-20, the Imperial player may deploy the character in any unoccupied square along the right map edge.

Breaching Teams:
All Imperial troopers gain the “satchel charge” rule.
JediOompaloompa
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 10:02:58 AM

I think it should work, looks pretty good mate, although I would have added in a few at-st's
Lily_Wan
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 10:11:17 AM

Three AT-STs in Part 1. ^

I have some concerns about the number of rolls which might result from Inexorable Advance as well as how Bail Out works, but playing them as-is may be the best way to work out any kinks, rather than discussing it endlessly. I'm excited to play this. June ?
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 10:21:47 AM

Four AT-STs if you could Blizzard One. :)

For reinforcements I wanted some mechanic whereby dead troops came back so that the Imperial player is guaranteed to crush the defenders eventually. It may be easier to just have everyone come back a flat three turns after they die. I'm leaning towards a non-random schedule for AT-ATs coming back since they make such a huge difference in when the shield generator goes down.

But yeah, whenever we're all free. That could be the 28th or some time in June.
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 3:03:12 AM

This looks pretty cool Yoto_Yoto. Cool If I ever have some spare time I might try this out at home. Spare time is rather short at the moment though. Sad I would need to get a copy of CPreksta's Echo Base map. Is his map on Vassal?

Very nice, this looks to be a lot of fun. ThumbsUp
Yoto_Yoto
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 7:58:46 AM

I think so. There is also a nice high resolution file of it on the Holocron:

http://www.the-holocron.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=fileinfo&id=25
SquelchDog
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 9:45:54 AM

Yoto_Yoto wrote:
I think so. There is also a nice high resolution file of it on the Holocron:

http://www.the-holocron.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=36&func=fileinfo&id=25

I just might have to see if I can get that printed out somewhere. Wink