RegisterDonateLogin

Is ready to take on the whole Empire itself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Really? Really? Options
creme_brule
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 8:57:18 AM
Groups: Member

Yesterday I was on VASSAL looking for a game when I saw another person online ina different room (wont mention the name). I dont know if he named the room, but it was pretty much a bunch of explicives strung together. I later found out from another (reliable) member that this certain person cursed out the member and others who were playing a game a while earlier on VASSAL because the game was 'taking too long'. Seriously, as a bystander, who has the actual nerve to chime in as the peanut gallery and disrupt the game?? After chatting with the member on VASSAL about this person I was pretty sure he was the one who renamed the room with all those explicives.

And it didnt stop there. Later, when playing a game with Segastorm, twice----I repeat, TWICE--all the pieces, markers, everything were deleated in one swipe off the board. I dont know if the guy came back on and changed his name and decided to wreck some more havok, but needless to say I locked the rom and kicked everyone but Sega out and chatted with them over a PM channel to make sure they were reliable. From now on I think I'll lock the room Im in everytime and hope that 'they dont have blasters'.

Seriously, lets keep it clean. VASSAL is an awesome application to play Minis anywhere, lets not abuse that privilege. Unfortunately, its gotten to the point where I can barely trust anyone on VASSAL.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 11:10:20 AM

I heard about that while I was on waiting for someone else. I saw the name too, and I won't be playing with that person or allowing them to even watch any games I play.
qvos
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 11:42:23 AM

Thats to bad too. A similar thing happened to us a while back. all you can do is lock the room. I wanted to force choke the dude!
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 1:08:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Sadly, based on my experiences here, I'm not surprised that there is someone who would do that. Some people are just using the internet to be jerks.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 1:18:06 PM

One thing you can do to help prevent gameboard trolling without locking the room is to open up Vassal 2 more times, go into the room, and sync up as players 3 and 4. That way anyone else who joins the room can only join as an observer and thus can only disrupt the chatbox, but not the game.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 2:08:43 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Sadly, based on my experiences here, I'm not surprised that there is someone who would do that. Some people are just using the internet to be jerks.

I thought bloomilk was bad until I went over the axisandallies.org. They have one mod who ever is at the site and he the biggest troll on there. I know the SWM community goes through rocky patches with the online message boards, but having been on there for much longer I can say that if AA.org used bloomilk as an example things would get more positive, as hard as that may be to believe.

BlooMilk to swm.
qvos
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 9:42:06 PM

AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

I thought bloomilk was bad until I went over the axisandallies.org. They have one mod who ever is at the site and he the biggest troll on there. I know the SWM community goes through rocky patches with the online message boards, but having been on there for much longer I can say that if AA.org used bloomilk as an example things would get more positive, as hard as that may be to believe.

BlooMilk to swm.
+1 ! [BlooMilk
Green Fury
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:31:58 AM

well i think that this is really true. One time I was playing with someone, or segastorm or desmothenes or Kim JonII and we descovered that there was a "hacker" he moved our minis and created I think it was deliah blue everytime and putted things in the characters like: using facebook, etc and it was fun but it was weird and ruined our game. Im not sure of the name so thats why we called him "Hacker".