RegisterDonateLogin

Is braver than I thought.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Maryland Events Options
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:52:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Now that I'm done school and am back in the Baltimore area, I figured I could maybe get involved with a regular playing group. To facilitate that I created a facebook group for SWM Maryland. Here is the link for those who want to join.

SWM Maryland Facebook Group

I thought it would make it easier to organize events there as well as here. More communication the better I figure. Obviously the group is not just for organizing events in the B'more area, but throughout the state as well. Members from outside the state are also welcome. If there is a problem with the link, let me know.

So, I know there have been a few different groups trying to play throughout the state. Do we think we could get a regular group going in the B'more area?

When we were at the MD regionals, there were a few people who said that they were interested in playing sometime. If anyone else is interested, we could organize some gaming soon. BigGrin

Venue for our gaming sessions. If any question arise as to location, just BM me. :)

Critical Hit Games
3101 emmorton road,
Abingdon, maryland 21009
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:17:40 PM
Groups: Member

You know I'm down for it. =)
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:15:42 AM

We have a play session planned for next tuesday at 6pm at Critical Hits Games in Abingdon. The event is set up on facebook and anyone is free to attend. Any questions, just ask.
swrogue57
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:14:41 AM

Unfortunately, weekdays are out for me. I usually don't get off work until 6pm which makes it even harder. Our next tournament down in Fredericksburg, VA will be on Saturday, June 25th at 7pm. We're doing a regular 200pt constructed tournament. I'm hoping everyone will show up with something fun as opposed to highly competitive squads.

Roy (drkjedi35 on swmgamers.com)
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 9:23:37 AM

If I don't have to work that Saturday, I will come down and play. But it is higly likely that I will have work. Sad
Zalkrie
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 12:38:23 PM

Critical Hit Games is in Abingdon MD, not Aberdeen.....just in case anyone can show up. All are welcome!!!
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 3:08:31 AM

Sorry about the mix up. Address to make things easier:

Critical Hit Games
3101 emmorton road, abingdon, maryland 21009
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 3:55:45 AM

Last Tuesday was successful and we had fun, so we are going to do it again on a regular basis.

So, we are going to meet up again this Tuesday, June 28th at Critical Hit Games. We are going to start around 6pm, but I will be there around 5:30ish. We are going to run a 200 point gaming session. All are welcome to come play.
Archdeluxe
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:22:24 AM

I plan to attend, but at the moment, I'm working nights =( That hopefully will change within the next few weeks.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:18:12 PM

Alright, so we are going to meet up again this coming up Tuesday, July 5th. Another 200 point session. More the merrier. Maybe the young ladies will join us again, and Jim should be afraid if he decides to come: I think Laura is planning on attending and bringing her accursed dice. Bomb
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 2:37:34 AM

She's bringing her lucky dice? Great. No matter how you prepare for the current meta, Laura's dice are the proverbial monkey wrenches.

She needs to be distracted and someone steal her dice. Problem is, I'm a fifty year old geezer and thus have nothing in MY arsenal to distract her.
homestar45
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:34:47 AM

I'll be there tonight. No idea what I'm going to use but look forward to an easy win, lol.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:01:35 AM

OK everyone, we are going to do a 100 point booster draft on Tuesday July 12th. I will be buying boosters to use, so the draft will be $4.00 a person. You will get one booster pack (EI) and then we will all open at once. You will pick one mini and then pass the rest to your left. We will keep doing this until all minis have been picked. Then we will pair up and play. Come and join us if you are in the area. Let me know though so I will have enough boosters!!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:19:43 AM

Zalkrie wrote:
OK everyone, we are going to do a 100 point booster draft on Tuesday July 12th. I will be buying boosters to use, so the draft will be $4.00 a person. You will get one booster pack (EI) and then we will all open at once. You will pick one mini and then pass the rest to your left. We will keep doing this until all minis have been picked. Then we will pair up and play. Come and join us if you are in the area. Let me know though so I will have enough boosters!!

Just a warning - the majority of IE boosters will not add up to 100 points, so there won't be any squadbuilding and some players will be playing less than 100 points. Perhaps significantly less since 5 of the 8 rares are less than 20 points, and C3PO is only 5 points.
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:09:48 AM

Yeah I would suggest at least 2 boosters for that event.
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:30:23 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Yeah I would suggest at least 2 boosters for that event.

I am trying to keep the cost down for anyone that is short on funds....but if I can I will get Dark Times boosters instead. If not, I would hope that people draft to gain points, but we will see what happens.
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:10:36 AM

Alright, so this Tuesday, July 12th, appears to be JA booster draft instead of IE.
Eroschilles
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:17:34 AM

Alright, next gaming session looks to be tuesday, July 26th. It will be 100 constructed. So that means no minis this tuesday. people are off doing stuff and stuff.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:48:15 AM

I'm not going to be able to play next week, but if others want they can meet up and play. I have to figure out my work schedule before I know when I can play next. Hopefully I can get that straightened out shortly.