RegisterDonateLogin

Is braver than I thought.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Atlanta Regional 2011! Initial result! Options
njarnagin
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:52:22 PM
Groups: Member

So, Greentime (Graham) wins with Lancer. Imperials, New Republic, Seperatists, and Republic in the top four. I'll let someone else relay the details.

BTW, thanks to Daniel for Judging. and Thanks to Graham for funding some massive prize support.

njarnagin
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:24:14 AM

Check out this thread at SWMGamers for a great write up on the event.

http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=11081

Weeks
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:22:12 AM

1st. Graham Bingham with mtb lancer
2nd. Richard Heck with pellion + lord vader
3rd. Matthew Spry with skybuck
4th. David Weeks with Kyle and Mara
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 1:49:38 PM

Ok lets see if I can get down a readable play report here lol.

As Daniel referenced above I played straight up Skybuck as made popular by the ever solid Trevor Peyton.

Round 1 vs Ben Clayton's Snowspeeders on his map Rancor Pit.

Now the good news here is that at least this is a good map for Ypbuck to play on.

First round, I move the scrubs and get as many little pieces moved as I can letting him move as much as he can. I tow out Yobuck and make a run on some of his smaller pieces evening up activations a little bit, and then swapping in General Skywalker for the early extra damage. I momentum up to Luke's Snowspeeder putting 60 on it, then eating a cavaclade of shots from the speeders. I manage to make 2 Defense saves leaving Sky at 50.

2nd ROund, hoping to win initiative, i lose and he opts to use the Leia CE to shoot at Skywalker, I manage to defense the 30 Damage shot and take the other damage leaving Sky at 30HP, I double the speeder and only manage to hit one shot on it, I activate Panaka swapping in a Gran Raider. He dispatches him with ease and I make another Yobuck gallop killing Luke's Snowspeeder and a few more grunts, leaving him deep in enemy territory but with relatively low damage output. I move Dash onto R2 and next turn it was all Yobuck and Dash as they moved in to finish. By the end of round 4 the game was done, 1-0 3pts at this point.

2nd Round vs Nathan Jarnagin on Rhen Var

Now this game I'm playing against GOWK, 2 JWM's, Dash, Rex, and fodder. I bring in the R5 for this game to utilize the targeting ability. And might I say it comes up huge. with me outactivating him I let him set up everything for round 1, I elect to gallop and end movement on GOWK, JWM, and his R7, with the momentum they all take 30 Damage apiece and I swap in a brute, placing Yobuck back on R2.

Next round he uses his Spaarti Clone trooper to kill the swapped brute. I then move more fodder and he takes shots on r2 with Rex, hit hits one of 4 which I BG onto Panaka. He moves diplomats into the hall to make my route for a gallop harder. His weapon masters charge in also and I target the lead one with the R5. I then used Yobuck to gallop past the one I damaged earlier putting him down to 40, bypassing him to get to the 2nd one and dropped the 60 Damage on him with the momentum. He ripostes and AoO’s dropping Yobuck to 100. General Skywalker then uses Knight Speed to move in and kill his first weapon master, but misses one of the attacks leaving him at 10. At this point I swap Dash in and hit him with the momentum/opp combo to kill him, then take pot shots at the other one which they miss. Next round I win initiative and Yobuck kills the other Weapon master taking 20 more damage in the process dropping to 60. He steps in with Dash and hits 2 attacks putting Yobuck at 20. He then pushes with GOWK killing Yobuck and one of his nobles. I use the R5 this time to target GOWK and make his D a 18. and then move another random fodder piece. He shoots with Rex at Skywalker needing 12’s and hits 2, one of which is defensed. Now that the DD’s have gone it’s all Skywalker and friends. I tow in a brute who proceeds to hit GOWK with momentum, GOWK at 70. Skywalker Knight Speeds again and hits both attacks putting GOWK at 10. I set Dash up on R2 to what will be the finishing blows next round. I win init allowing him to go first, he attacks Skywalker with GOWK forgetting about Djem So but I miss the save and the reroll, he then chooses to hit the brute and kill it instead. By now Panaka is on Skywalker and able to Bodyguard any Rex shots that come in. R2 tows Rex back out who shoots Ani, but hits only 1 which is Defenced. I move Lobot into gambit and Mas up, leaving Dash to shoot at unactivated Ani, 1 hits which I just take. I target GOWK again and Ani kills GOWK and the other Noble leaving R2, Rex, and Dash vs everything else. R2 then tows in a gran which Panaka switches in for Dash, Dash kills Rex and then we roll init and I finish off Dash. 2-0 6pts

Round 3 vs David Weeks on my map Smuggler’s Base

This game went like any other typical game with him, I cannot manage to beat him in active competition, it’s closer than I give myself credit for. I gallop all of his Uggies round 1 leaving activations somewhat more even. Round 2 I put 60 on Kyle with Gen Sky, Finally I manage to get Kyle and block Mara from getting to Dash/Panaka. She gets the R5, and some grunts and then I kill her. Yobuck falls to Dash and Ganner both of them at 40 HP, and Dash is unable to do anything else. He wins now 2-1 6pts and in a position that I have to win 1 more to get in.

Round 4 is against Jon’s Vong on my map.

Now I will preface this by saying that this was a match I have been waiting for, for 2 years. In my time in Charlotte I have never been paired against him and was excited to get to play this game.

He steals Panaka’s CE with the Yammosk and then we get rolling. Round 1 I set up a gallop that enables me to take down Gha, 2 Mice, and put 20 on both of his Jedi Hunters, I then swap in a brute, which he promptly kills. Next round I get off another Gallop and put another 20 on a JH, kill a couple more mice, and put 20 on Sheedao Shai. He swaps him in and then runs all the way adjacent to General Skywalker for the opening initiative. He wins and twins Skywalker, he hits both 1 of which I bodyguard. I make the first Djem So save and miss the attack by 1, I move some grunts and he swaps Shai back for a JH. This is the one at 30 HP. I then hit him with a gran for 20, which he crabs and he is now at 20. Skywalker then doubles killing the JH and GMA’s away to where Dash can’t shoot. I move a Brute up to the top and swap in Dash. He then steps into the room with Dash and kills Panaka. I then move Dash 6 basing Shai and hitting him with Momentum/Oppo, killing him. I move a brute onto his JH in Gambit hitting the momentum shot and he fails the save dropping to 30 HP. I then end movement on him with Yobuck and finish him. It’s cleanup from there and eventually I get everything. 3-1 now with 9pts and in good position to make the top 4

Round 5, my esteemed colleague Graham has already alluded to in his post and yeah it wasn’t much of a game due to some brain farts on my part and he basically destroys me. 3-2 9pts, but high SoS so in good position.

Now I’m sitting waiting for the results, and Chuck gets through the whole field and I make top 4 as the last in.

Semi-Final report is as eloquent as Graham wrote it and I can do it no more justice, so you have my report in about 1300 words.
njarnagin
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 2:40:24 PM

Nice play report, spry.

Well, here is the squad list I shameless copied from Echo's post on Gamers. BigGrin

.............................................................................................................................

1. Graham Bingham
Squad Name: Nute's Moot
Map Choice: Peachtree Station (aka Commander's Office. It's an Atlanta thing. ;) )

IG Lancer
Darth Sidious
Whorm Loathsome
Lobot
IG-86 Assassin Droid x2
Gha Nachkt
BDO
San Hill
R7
Mouse Droid x9

2. Ricky Heck
Squad Name: Vader's Grunts
Map Choice: Bothan Spynet

Lord Vader
Thrawn
Lobot
Admiral Pellaeon
Admiral Ozzel
Mas Amedda
Imperial Dignitary
Rodian Brute x8
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

3. Matt Spry
Squad Name: I LOVE RAY BECKER
Map Choice: Smuggler's Base

Yoda on Kybuck
General Skywalker
Dash Rendar, RS
Lobot
Captain Panaka
R2-D2 AD
Mas Amedda
Gran Raider
Ugnaught Demolitionist

4. David Weeks
Squad Name: Trouble with the Maples
Map Choice: Commander's Office

Kyle Katarn, Jedi Battlemaster
Mara Jade, Jedi
Ganner Rhysode
Dash Rendar, RS
Jagged Fel
General Dodonna
R7 Astromech Droid
Caamasi Noble
Ugnaught Demolitionist

The following aren't in order, because the actual results are on Chuck's laptop and I certainly don't remember everyone's order. Sorry!

Phillip Gladney
Squad Name: Return of the Jawas aka The Jawas Strike Back
Map Choice: Commander's Office

Jawa Scavenger x3
Rodian Brute x2
Dash Rendar, RS
R2-D2, AD
Rodian Diplomat
GOWK
Czerka Scientist
Anakin on STAP
Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2