RegisterDonateLogin

The Ultimate

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

(Vassal Imposter) what are you thinking? Options
christophercook
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 11:21:53 AM
Groups: Member

Ok so I was playing a guy on vassal and Segastorm joined the room. He said Penis Penis so I simply locked the room and kicked him. Then he changed his name to my name (Yobuckkiller). Started pm-ing the guy I was playing and said some things(you can just imagine). So the guy left and I never got to finish my game. Also I'm not certain if it was him but he put his name as thereisnotry and started saying things with that name. I jus want to put it out there that it's not funny. Because of this I missed out on a really good game, and I thought that Trever was being a jerk. Don't do this!!!!!!!!!!!
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 11:28:29 AM

It's probably some impostor of all those people you listed. That's certainly a shame.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 11:35:14 AM

I can most certainly guarentee you that its not the real Segastorm. IIIIIIve played games with him and he's never blurted out the tiniest profanity (i think lol); much less innapropiate talk that you were describing! Im not trying to point fingers, but watch out for a guy named plokoon9619 or something like that. In the General forums Ive reported a Vassal incident regarding this dude. It could be him. (He also has an account here on Bloomilk). Again, Im not trying to pick a fight or bait anyone; just merely stating some witnessed events that can be confirmed by others.
christophercook
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 11:38:20 AM

Yeah it didn't sound like him at all. I've played with him a lot.
Segastorm
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:06:55 PM

Dude!! I haven't been on VASSAL in the past 3 days!!
Segastorm
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:13:55 PM

and I've been around plokoon9619, and he didn't say any profanity(excuse my grammar if it's incorrect), I was just helping playtest a scenario.

If anything, the last time I was on VASSAL, a guy named horse(insert s-word here) came in and blurted out profanity(again, excuse my grammar if it's incorrect)
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:25:27 PM

Segastorm wrote:
and I've been around plokoon9619, and he didn't say any profanity(excuse my grammar if it's incorrect), I was just helping playtest a scenario.

If anything, the last time I was on VASSAL, a guy named horse(insert s-word here) came in and blurted out profanity(again, excuse my grammar if it's incorrect)
Ya. This sort of thing has been going on for a while now. Some others have been complaining about thus dude. It probably is the same person.Can this be reported to Vassal?
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:34:52 PM

qvos wrote:
Segastorm wrote:

Ya. This sort of thing has been going on for a while now. Some others have been complaining about thus dude. It probably is the same person.Can this be reported to Vassal?

Wait--other people have been complaining about plokoon or Horse*?
As far as reporting goes; unfortunately I dont think so. The best thing to do is 'lock the room and hope they dont have hacking powers.' lol
plokoon9619
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 12:58:55 PM

Nope its not me.
christophercook
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:04:16 PM

It happened again tonight. The only thing you can do is block communications and lock the room.
Weeks
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:32:29 PM

The guy that was getting cursed at was my friend greg. He asked me if Yobuckkiller and Segastorm were always being such jerks on vassal. I said heck no those guys are solid and would never do something like that. Can we track people's IP adress on vassal? If so post whoever is doing thats address so everyone will know.
Lobotnik
Posted: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 11:30:59 PM

Yeah, Horseturd was trying to get a reaction from us when I played Wannabe Mexican the other day. So I opened a new room, which he immediately went into - then Wannabe locked the original room and invited me in lol.

His messages came up with the name thereisnotry however, so I don't know what that was all about.

Additionally, Wannabe beat me, mainly due to a poor match up but also I forgot R2 had It's a trap lol. And the Weeks wiped the floor with me on another game. Practice makes perfect though:)

But yeah, people should not abuse Vassal, it's a real shame.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:32:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The title of this thread should not list Segastorm's user name.
However, I would put something regarding a Vassal Imposter...

It's a shame that members have to put up with this childish behaviour during a board game (of all things!).
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:41:16 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

imyurhukaberry wrote:
The title of this thread should not list Segastorm's user name.
However, I would put something regarding a Vassal Imposter...

It's a shame that members have to put up with this childish behaviour during a board game (of all things!).

Agreed. I will leave the names in the posts, however, as it helps establish that people are being imitated. Just a reminder to be careful of what you post here, as it must still be within the CoC, even if you are just reporting what someone else said.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:47:53 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Does anyone know who it is? Is there anyone who is so disgruntled with the game that he wants to destroy the whole SWM playing community? And also is lonely enough to have nothing better to do than just randomly curse at people on the Internet?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:53:54 AM

Yeah since it happened I have locked all my games, which is a shame because I like watching games and would like people to be able to watch my games...to learn what not to do. Another reported alias of this person is Red (maybe because he is irish).
cicrush13
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 3:54:09 AM

All the more reason to make sure you lock your rooms when you play on vassal.
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:13:52 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Does anyone know who it is? Is there anyone who is so disgruntled with the game that he wants to destroy the whole SWM playing community? And also is lonely enough to have nothing better to do than just randomly curse at people on the Internet?

I saw him the other night, logged in as Thereisnotry (an I can confirm that wasn't the real Trevor).

I'm sure we can all think of someone and his buddies who would do something like that. Especially when they are back on the forums as well.
christophercook
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:15:26 AM

Sorry about that Segastorm. I knew it wasn't you but he had your name. Good idea switching the title of the forum. Again sorry.
Segastorm
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:24:52 AM

I forgive you, but be more careful next time someone's name is put in a thread title, imagine my reaction when I saw the thread in the first place.