RegisterDonateLogin

About twelve parsecs outside the Rishi Maze

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

how does this work? Options
SeijiX
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 7:33:25 AM
Groups: Member

i downloaded the program and did everything as asked on the guide. when i went to try the offline mode, i'm a bit confused as to how to get the game to actually start. is the offline mode against other people (like friends, family using the same computer) or is it against a computer? help pls :(
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 7:48:28 AM

Does thw start-up wizard pop up after you click on the SWM module on the VASSAL mainpage? If not; I would suggest going under Options and checkboxing the option that say 'Show Wizard at start-up'. Then try clicking on the SWM module again. Once the wizard pops up the rest should be self-explanitory.
Segastorm
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 8:36:32 AM

In offline VASSAL, you do everything yourself, so there's no CPU to do anything for you, and to start the game, you just put all your pieces down and start playing, just think of it as if you were playing a real SWM game by yourself at home, the only difference is that it's on the computer, and you can use pieces you don't own. Lastly, before you ask, the stats are not in VASSAL.
creme_brule
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 9:33:01 AM

Segastorm wrote:
In offline VASSAL, you do everything yourself, so there's no CPU to do anything for you, and to start the game, you just put all your pieces down and start playing, just think of it as if you were playing a real SWM game by yourself at home, the only difference is that it's on the computer, and you can use pieces you don't own. Lastly, before you ask, the stats are not in VASSAL.

Well; except for the HP/FP :D