RegisterDonateLogin

Still effective inside Thrawn's Force bubble.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

'Back in the Day' Old School League (sign-ups, rules, and more!) Options
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:46:43 AM
Groups: Member

OK guys,

Considering that I've had some moderate positive feedback about doing an Old School type league. So, I've decided to go through with this thing. Here is the overview and objective below:

OBJECTIVE
========
To have players familiarize themselves with the meta and characters from the sets RS-UH.

OVERVIEW
========
This league is to be a quick one; not likely to last past summer (unless everyone wants it to; which is a doubt). Players will recieve various boosters from the following sets:
¤ Rebel Storm
¤ Close Strike
¤ Revenge of the Sith
¤ Universe
To construct a 150 Point squad (faction rules are ignored) from characters they have recieved in their collection. They will play skirmishes with other players in the league on the any of the following maps:
¤ Death Star
¤ Mos Eisley
¤ Geonosis Arena
¤ Throne Room
¤ Mustafar
¤ Cloud City
¤ Muun Guild Commerce Plaza
¤ Commander's Office (Ruined Base)
¤ Rancor Pit
¤ Endor Bunker
¤ Yavin Temple

RULES
=====
Constructing Your Squad

Each player will begin with 4 boosters: one RS, one CS, one RotS, and one UH. Players will create a 150 point squad from characters they have recieved in their boosters (*Note: a non-unique character can only be used multiple times if a player has pulled more than once. Ex: A player that has pulled 2 clones from CS and 1 from RotS can use up to three clone troopers in their squad). While faction rules are ignored, the unique rule is still in play, so you cannot use two Vaders, two Windus, etc.
Playing a Match

Players will play other players in the league in a specific order (TBD; based on how many people join) once per week. Players must determine themselves when they will play trhoughout the week. Each week begins on Sunday and ends on the following Saturday. Follow the usual rules for choosing side/map (see Overview for which maps are legal in this league). Matches should last no longer than 1 hour and 30 minutes. If a player's opponent has no more characters on his side, that player will recieve a 3-pt win. If a player has reached 150 points before time is called, he will recieve a 3-pt win. If a player fails to meet either of these requirements but still leads his opponent in points when time is called, that player will recieve a 2-pt win and his opponent will recieve a 1-pt loss. Players' whose opponents have defeated all of the player's pieces or has reached 150 points before time is called will recieve a 0-pt loss. Gambit also has a slight twist to it. Gambit aquired each round scores 15 points compared to the normal 5 scored in regular matches. However, only characters whose point costs are at least 15 may score gambit for their team. Players who forfeit their match or cannot make their matches will be determined by me who recieves a win, if it is a 3 or 2 pt win, etc.
Rreporting a Match

After a match is played between players, one player must report the match in a given thread (To be anounced) by reporting who played who, the final score, who won, and each player's respective booster selection for the week (booster selection rules are TBD based on how many people join).

I believe those are the main things I needed to cover! Now for SUGN-UPs!

How to Sign-Up
============
If you are interested in joining sign-ups for this league are taking place in this thread. Currently I am looking for a minimum of 4 players to join, however more would be nice.
*NOTE: ONLY JOIN IF YOU WILL BE COMMITED TO THIS LEAGUE. DO NOT JOIN IF YOU DO NOT THINK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE MOST OF YOUR GAMES OR PLAN TO DROP OUT. Thank you :)
Post your username to sign-up and I will send your boosters ASAP. The league's exact start date is still TBD but I will keep all who joined posted.

Current Sign-Ups

Host/Gamemaster: creme_brule
1. wannabe_mexican
2. Terrence Withers
3. plokoon9619
4. Segastorm
5. Demosthenes
6. R5Don4 (sorry you're not #1 lol)
7. EmporerDragon
8. SuperYodaMan
Standby Slot 1: ?
Standby Slot 2: ?

Any questions or comments can be PM'd to me or posted in this thread. Thanks!
wannabe mexican
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:27:20 AM

Count me in. Although I am in France for the first 2 weeks of August.
Terrence Withers
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:58:23 PM

Sign me up, please!
plokoon9619
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:47:30 PM

Sign me up.
Segastorm
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:28:56 AM

Put me in Creme!!
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:26:40 AM

I'm in!
R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:27:02 AM

WTH? How come I'm not #1 on that list already? I was hoping I'd have my boosters already. ThumbsUp
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:32:20 AM

R5Don4 wrote:
WTH? How come I'm not #1 on that list already? I was hoping I'd have my boosters already. ThumbsUp

HAHA...I knew you were going to join and was surprised you waited a whole day to post. ThumpUp I was thinking about assuming you immediately wanted to join and send your boosters, but if you ended up (for some peculiar reason) not wanting to join i didn't want to look like a fool, lol. Boosters have been sent!

On a side note, to everyone, sorry if most of your pulls suck, my online record of pulls at the "Open Boosters" section really sucks.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:33:49 PM

Almost forgot to sign up myself. I'm in.
R5Don4
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:24:36 PM

When are we going to start playing? Can't wait to use this squad.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:35:40 PM

R5Don4 wrote:
When are we going to start playing? Can't wait to use this squad.

Lol after seeing your pulls Im quite afraid. An 8th player is most likely going to join (a person in question asked me to reserve a spot for him), so I hope to kick this thing off this upcoming week! I will keep you all updated; thanks for your patience.
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:39:28 PM

Ugh. I hope a good booster is dropped in my lap before I play anyone, lol. Two words: Dr. Evazan. =(
R5Don4
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:48:43 PM

Auto damage is nothing to sneeze at.
R5Don4
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:55:24 PM

Are we really going to be playing on Endor Bunker? Green squares where you roll twice for each attack and choose the lower roll.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:59:37 PM

@ Demosthenes: LOL, don't worry...maybe (just maybe) you'll pull a good booster later...

R5Don4 wrote:
Are we really going to be playing on Endor Bunker? Green squares where you roll twice for each attack and choose the lower roll.

If anyone is stupid enough to choose Endor Bunker as their map choice if they win (and thus givng their opponent a huge advantage in side choice), they can do so lol. Since Endor Bunker was released during UH along with the other maps, it is legal in this league :) . BTW, if there's any other maps Im missing that was released from RS-UH, please lemme know.
R5Don4
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:13:48 PM

yes

Geonosis Arena
Throne Room
Mustafar
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:09:25 AM

Hi, all! Yes, I am the mysterious eighth (seventh?; I don't see anyone in slot 7 yet) person! Count me in!
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:11:35 AM

Ugh my squad sucks. Someone please put me out of my misery so I can get a new booster and hopefully something good lol.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:21:21 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Ugh my squad sucks. Someone please put me out of my misery so I can get a new booster and hopefully something good lol.

Trying to lure us into a false sense of security hey...... or double bluffing?! Or triple bluffing?
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:02:34 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

Trying to lure us into a false sense of security hey...... or double bluffing?! Or triple bluffing?

Lol theres a booster incentive for winning a mtach...and playing your weekly game before everyone else...*hint hint*

Since SYM the 8th person has finally joined; we can move on! A new Standings/Scedule thread will be posted up shortly. In addition to the standings/scedule; there will be the list of maps playable (legal) and also how booster selection will work...(ill give you a hint: Its NON-random ;) ). I will keep you all posted!