RegisterDonateLogin

Would never consciously betray the Rebellion.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NE Ohio R&R Playtest tournament ~July 16th~ Options
jak
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:03:28 AM
Groups: Member

SATURDAY, JULY 16 , NOON AT UNDERHILL'S GAME STORE IN BEAUTIFUL CUYAHOGA FALLS.

JUST $5 TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE

200 POINT CONSTRUCTED
FACTION RULES
LEGAL MAPS

MUST USE AT LEAST TWO (2) CHARACTERS FROM RENEGADES AND ROGUES IN YOUR SQUAD

BRING YOUR CHOICE OF LEGAL 200 POINT MAP, A LEGAL D20, AND A METHOD TO KEEP TRACK OF HP & FP
jak
Posted: Monday, July 4, 2011 2:55:17 AM

BigGrin please let me know if you can attendBlooMilk
so I can plan prizesThumbsUp
Hydrowhip
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 9:07:08 AM

I'm in, and I've gotten 2 more acceptances and 1 decline. Still waiting on 3 more to let me know.

Are we starting at noon? Early is better for most folks.
ryan
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 9:30:54 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:
I'm in, and I've gotten 2 more acceptances and 1 decline. Still waiting on 3 more to let me know.

Are we starting at noon? Early is better for most folks.

Yep, starting at noon as that's when underhill games opens. I can possibly bring up to six people including myself, although only 4 or 5 may be able to make it.
cmears
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 10:41:53 PM

Please excuse this lame question but what is Renegades and Rogues?
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2011 11:08:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

cmears wrote:

It is the next "virtual" set of stat cards which will release at Gencon in August.

The list of pieces including stats previewed so far can be viewed here:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=8530
jak
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 1:36:20 AM

cmears wrote:

loook outt!Scared I think we just been hi-jacked!Huh
jak
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2011 1:39:04 AM

We have 'bout TEN so far, not to bad for ewok eater.Drool
ryan
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:45:23 AM

it would be great if anyone attending could bring any minis that they want to sell or trade ThumpUp
darthzack
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:44:35 AM

ill be there and so will rieekan Flapper
darthzack
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:37:42 AM

Quick question: i know it was stated that for saturday your team is required to have 2 pieces from renegades and rouges. i was wondering if would be cool if we expanded it to all user created cards? like dotf or etc. was wondering if that could be cool.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:21:22 AM

Jack and I never hammered out detailed specifics, but I believe we meant for any set (including Destiny of the Force V-set) to be usable for the squad build. The only requirement was to have at least 2 minis from the new Rebels and Rogues V-set. They don't have to be unique minis, you could have two devaronian assassins in your squad and a regular build otherwise.

Jak, did I get that right?

Also, anything listed in the forum for the R&R V-set is legal for the build. So if they release more info on Friday, you can use it. As a side note, the Telekinetic Combat ability of Darth Traya has been explained in the R&R thread for those want to use her in their squads.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:10:57 AM

I would stray away from user created cards for any tournament. Main reason being that not everyone has access to the same characters (totally unfair) and not everyone can cost the abilities/stats accurately (making the character super tough or super weak).

However, if you have spare time afterwards, you could try a couple test games to test out your created characters. This will make it more fair and give you the test time you need whenever creating a character to see if it's proportionate to existing characters.

PS...I think the newest Windu should see some serious playtime. In my opinion, he is WAY undercosted. (should be closer to 80pts)
jak
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:34:40 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:
Jack and I never hammered out detailed specifics, but I believe we meant for any set (including Destiny of the Force V-set) to be usable for the squad build. The only requirement was to have at least 2 minis from the new Rebels and Rogues V-set. They don't have to be unique minis, you could have two devaronian assassins in your squad and a regular build otherwise.

Jak, did I get that right?

that is my understanding also, BobThumpUp
jak
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:36:52 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
I would stray away from user created cards for any tournament. Main reason being that not everyone has access to the same characters (totally unfair) and not everyone can cost the abilities/stats accurately (making the character super tough or super weak).

However, if you have spare time afterwards, you could try a couple test games to test out your created characters. This will make it more fair and give you the test time you need whenever creating a character to see if it's proportionate to existing characters.

PS...I think the newest Windu should see some serious playtime. In my opinion, he is WAY undercosted. (should be closer to 80pts)

I agree.

2 attacks from a Vong savage figure can kill WinduCursing
jak
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:38:49 AM

ryan wrote:
it would be great if anyone attending could bring any minis that they want to sell or trade ThumpUp

This is a good idea.
If any master jedis want to help our padawans out with pieces, it will only help the life of the game we Heart Love
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:10:12 AM

jak wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

I agree.

2 attacks from a Vong savage figure can kill WinduCursing

I guess his Clone Troopers should do a better job of shooting them. (oh wait...they are from 2 different eras)
Ok...after reviewing his stats again, I guess he's not that undercosted. Wink
Hydrowhip
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:05:50 AM

jak wrote:
ryan wrote:

This is a good idea.
If any master jedis want to help our padawans out with pieces, it will only help the life of the game we Heart Love

I'm going to sort through my collection Friday night and get everything organized. I know off the top of my my head I have an Apprentice Redeemed, Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed and Luke Rebel Commando for Rebel collectors to trade. Also an AT-ST from Universe that no one seems to want to trade for yet.
darthzack
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 3:45:10 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:
jak wrote:
ryan wrote:

This is a good idea.

I'm going to sort through my collection Friday night and get everything organized. I know off the top of my my head I have an Apprentice Redeemed, Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed and Luke Rebel Commando for Rebel collectors to trade.

Also an AT-ST from Universe that no one seems to want to trade for yet.

I'm a rebel collector I would be interested Luke rebel commando
jak
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:54:50 PM

ThumbsUp WOW, THAT WAS A KARKIN' GOOD TIME!ThumbsUp

we saw old friend, met new friends, and spent 'bout 7 hours playing SWM!
we had 11 participants,

Lee, the owner of Underhill's was surprised by the turnout, and donated more prizes to our prize pile.THANX MAN

+10BlooMilk to Hydrowhip(Bob) for bring material to help understand the new pieces,AND a generous donation to the pizza fund, AND giving a bantha full of SWM to the Padawans, AND being the most pleasant opponent that killed me(1-3~ frag me~)

+10BlooMilk to Kalos(Jared) for giving a Hutt's treasure vault full of SWM to the Padawans And his uncanny resemblance to ArtimisCfrog(Joe)

+10BlooMilk to juice man(Joe) for being the official rules guy, AND having the important data professionally bound

thanx to every one that participated and to ArtimisCfrog(Joe) for his surprise visit, AND proving that cloning technology exists

ya know, I learned something today

I learned that thought bomb is a 2 edge sword that can bite you in the a$$Cursing
I learned that Traya can go toe to toe with the new Vader,and win

anybody else have thoughts on the tourny, or what they learned?