billiv15
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 2:24:28 AM
Groups: Member

Azman wrote:
Terentatek... huge ???

Wiki list it at 3 m tall
Rancor 5-10m

Should it have been Large ????

It's huge. Look at the source material, I'm pretty sure Wookiee is wrong on the size. Heck, just look at the pictures on wookiee. These things were probably bigger than the rancor. In fact, the theory is that the Sith made them from Rancors.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 2:25:28 AM

Azman wrote:
Terentatek... huge ???

Wiki list it at 3 m tall
Rancor 5-10m

It's huge. Look at the source material, I'm pretty sure Wookiee is wrong on the size. Heck, just look at the pictures on wookiee. These things were probably bigger than the rancor. In fact, the theory is that the Sith made them from Rancors.
Dimetrodon
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:53:12 AM

billiv15 wrote:
Azman wrote:
Terentatek... huge ???

Wiki list it at 3 m tall
Rancor 5-10m

In the KOTOR game as well as SWTOR, 3 meters or slightly over is very accurate to their depiction. I would wonder if the large horns and protrusions of their body count towards the height or if it stops just around the head. Figure it like the height of a Buck, are you including its Antlers?

I think Large would have been absolutely more appropriate based directly off what is visually seen in both video games. Especially since that is where it was created.

Here are two pictures to directly illustrate this. I don't see how it was open for debate.

Darth_Sal
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 6:56:56 AM

I generally agree with Dime on this, they look large, maybe on the big side of a large, but certainly not five meters. Oh well, looks like i'll have a page figure on a huge base!
markedman247
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 9:59:08 AM

I just created an Epic Vader. Now, it isn't for everyone. So, I won't be posting the picture. But, the link is available. It involves the Jedi temple.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 10:22:31 AM

Yep, if you pick that picture, it could have been a huge. Of course that isn't all of the pictures. Here's why it's clearly open for debate. Bioware was wrong in their sizing probably, because they used a model of a creature from Neverwinternights to create it according to wookieepedia. Here a picture that clearly shows the larger size of the creature. Remember the history, probably created from Rancors.
This is from TOR. I expect that we will see varying sizes of these beasts, depending on where they are located, where they evolved, what they were made from, etc. I hope that clears up why we chose huge. Not to mention, that I'm pretty certain these are at least as large as the Uggernaught :).

Darth_Sal
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 11:39:37 AM

billiv15 wrote:

Haha that guy is screwed. I see what you're saying Bill, I guess that's the problem with renditons of a single character on different formats. I'll look at it this way: regular Terenteteks are 3- 4meters, but EPIC Terenteteks are huge!
Azman
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:15:00 PM

Darth_Sal wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

Haha that guy is screwed. I see what you're saying Bill, I guess that's the problem with renditons of a single character on different formats. I'll look at it this way: regular Terenteteks are 3- 4meters, but EPIC Terenteteks are huge!

Absolutely Love that pic !!! ThumbsUp

Darth Sal... like your thinking... can the next vset have a regulat Terentatek in it ??? Large size

PLEASE BlooMilk
Dimetrodon
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 3:28:25 PM

billiv15 wrote:
Yep, if you pick that picture, it could have been a huge. Of course that isn't all of the pictures. Here's why it's clearly open for debate. Bioware was wrong in their sizing probably, because they used a model of a creature from Neverwinternights to create it according to wookieepedia. Here a picture that clearly shows the larger size of the creature. Remember the history, probably created from Rancors.
This is from TOR. I expect that we will see varying sizes of these beasts, depending on where they are located, where they evolved, what they were made from, etc. I hope that clears up why we chose huge. Not to mention, that I'm pretty certain these are at least as large as the Uggernaught :).

How could Bioware be wrong? They created the creature for their first KOTOR game. whether they based it off a model from another game is irrelevant as it is their creation. I fail to see how they can be wrong.

Regardless, your justification is an outlier picture from one of the SWTOR timeline videos. Several of these creatures can be encountered in both KOTOR games as well as SWTOR at the given normal height. Vs. a concept art picture you have screen captured which is a completely inaccurate representation. I will not say they can't become such large size, but it is clearly not the average size given all past depictions and visuals, that are in games or comics.

If you wanted one so Large, is it at least called Mutant Super Size Terentatek? because if you named it simply "Terentatek" then I see it as just wrong.

The Uggernaut is also very clearly a misrepresentation of what a Huge is. Do I agree that a Terentatek is at least as big as an Uggernaut? Yes.. but it is not a Huge either. If Starkiller was standing full height next to that thing its not even twice his height. This excludes the Ugnaught riders of course.

also here is a size chart to give you a better idea. It is from D&D but it uses the same sizing rules SW RPG and Minis do in any case. It will make very clear some of the blunders we've gotten in the past, as well as the V-Set.

I'm saying what I feel needed to be said.

CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:32:07 PM

Dimetrodon wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Azman wrote:
Terentatek... huge ???

Wiki list it at 3 m tall
Rancor 5-10m

In the KOTOR game as well as SWTOR, 3 meters or slightly over is very accurate to their depiction. I would wonder if the large horns and protrusions of their body count towards the height or if it stops just around the head. Figure it like the height of a Buck, are you including its Antlers?

I think Large would have been absolutely more appropriate based directly off what is visually seen in both video games. Especially since that is where it was created.

Here are two pictures to directly illustrate this. I don't see how it was open for debate.

Without throwing anything on the fire, I think thiat image is suppose to be an infant terentatek.
So Yuzzem size I'd say.

Huge seems to fit, there may be bigger scattered around the place but think how long the things have to live before they are Colossal & Colossal+Blink

"Erm...how tall are you?"
"oh...I think I'm about colossal+"
billiv15
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:10:58 AM

Yep, my guess for the future explanation is that the ones in Kotor were "young" or "baby" etc. The really old big nasty one's that you are supposed to fight in TOR will be much bigger. That's why I went with it as a huge. Being orginally made from Rancors, I can't help but think they could be much bigger than that picture anyway. There are other pictures out there that show these things as much larger as well, I simply didn't want to do the work of posting all of them. I liked the TOR one because it showed it in scale to a human. There's one with the guy walking around where it looks the size of a 10 story building.

If people like the Epic Terentatek, I'm sure we will find a place for a "Young Teretatek" or "Teretatek Baby" etc eventually. It's a pretty cool creature. And if anyone was curious, my close second choice for the fringe Epic figure was a full size "Adult Krayt Dragon". I decided against it because we don't have anything that size other than the ATAT. I might do stats for it one of these days anyways, but I'll see how everyone likes this one first. Also, just to mention - and no offense to the other really good customizers, but Lilywan and Jake Schuler are the best there is. Lily's teretatek is unbelievable! I haven't seen Jake's TPM yet, but word is it's equally awesome.
Dimetrodon
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:34:21 AM

EDIT: just noticed the post made for the Terentatek in the General section. I guess if there is any more to be discussed might as well do it there and not this thread.

CerousMutor wrote:

Without throwing anything on the fire, I think thiat image is suppose to be an infant terentatek.

There is no basis for that in the slightest.

And as far as Bills claim that there are other pictures of them looking super large, I'd like to see that. If they are not next to anything to indicate scale then they are simply inconclusive though. And fan art does not count...

And lastly nothing has ever said they are 100% made from rancors, it is only hinted at as possible theory. Not fact at all.
jedispyder
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:00:20 AM

Guys, these discussions are worthless. We got the size as being Huge from the images as well as from the Star Wars Saga Edition Jedi Training Manual RPG book. On page 146, in the stats for the Terentatek, it lists them as being Huge. WotC created these stats with the use of miniatures in mind, so that's a pretty good reason why we created it as a Huge. You can show all the other pictures you want, in the end it comes down to WotC defining it as a Huge (aka canon for size requirement).
Abiwan
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:02:51 AM

Mandalore the first EpicSmile
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, August 5, 2011 12:54:06 AM

Nice, might do me one the same.
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:40:58 PM

a few more

Last one is the Naboo Pilot

Also can you add my Epic Mara Jade please?
Baegn
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:43:51 PM

Will we be seeing the customs for the rest of the Epic set soon?
Dimetrodon
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 3:24:23 AM

Yeah lets see those customs! also should this thread get a sticky like the other V-Set ones?
Abiwan
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 3:28:57 AM

Finally .. I finished my Terentatek .... recast rancor and resculpt with green putty Cool

Darthbane53
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 3:54:33 AM

Holy crap dude!Thats amazing!! How much would one of thoes casts cost if i wanted to get one from you??