RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Milk? Bloo Milk! I like the sound of that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Call of Duty: Black Ops Classes Options
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:30:33 AM
Groups: Member

Demosthenes wrote:
I agree the Famas is a crutch gun as well, but in reality, what good AR do you get to use in the early levels? The M16? Not if you want to lay down a lot of fire in a short amount of time. The Enfield? Pfft, piece of crap. The Famas is your only option. I usually use the Famas or the Galil until level 38 when I get my AK, then it's no looking back, lol.

Hey, the M16 isn't bad. Until I unlocked the M14, I used M16 Suppressed w/ACOG and Ghost. Then I moved to the M14 Grip w/ACOG. I kind of skipped the Galil, but when I used it I used Red Dot/Reflex. I rarely used the AUG, and when I did use the FAMAS (before I realized how much of a crutch gun it was) it was with ACOG or Reflex and Extended Mag. I then progressed to the FN FAL ACOG. Now I use the G11 or FAL, and AK-47.

I do agree that the Enfield sucks, though. Flapper
Demosthenes
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:00:42 AM

Anything that can't go full-auto, I'm not interested in. I've just been caught in too many situations where I needed a lot of fire and got mauled cuz I had a burst-fire rifle or something.
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 3:21:06 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
This is the only class I really ever use, and I pwn with it. =)

Primary: AK-47 (best gun in the game)
Attachment: Suppressor
Secondary: Strela (for those pesky Chopper Gunners)

Lethal: Semtex
Tatical: Flashbang
Equipment: Claymore (I love getting random kills with these)

Perk 1: Ghost Pro (a must)
Perk 2: Sleight of Hand Pro (also a must)
Perk 3: Hacker (I hate getting killed by Claymores!)

And so that you know what I'm talking about, I'm 6th Prestige, level 20. I've been through all the weapons a few times, lol. I'd be much higher but I stayed on 5th Prestige for a while.

It Works really well Thanks for your helpWoot
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 3:22:15 AM

theDaRkLoRdoftheSiTh wrote:
ar-prm- aug dual mag
scdry-python SR
frag, concussion claymore

flatjacket pro
sleight of hand pro
tactical mask pro

Sorry but this class didn't work well with me. But thanks fot your helpSad
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 3:24:16 AM

Segastorm wrote:
AK74u rapid fire for a primary gun is all I have to say. Don't listen to anyone who calls you a noob. Also, if you're using Ghost/Hacker, get pro, the effects are too great to pass up.

This really Helped. I Put Hardline, Steady Aim, and Marathon on it and I always got a 7 killstreak (and that's good enough for me)ThumbsUp
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 2:27:19 PM

JRL and KEV001 wrote:
Segastorm wrote:
AK74u rapid fire for a primary gun is all I have to say. Don't listen to anyone who calls you a noob. Also, if you're using Ghost/Hacker, get pro, the effects are too great to pass up.

This really Helped. I Put Hardline, Steady Aim, and Marathon on it and I always got a 7 killstreak (and that's good enough for me)ThumbsUp

I just recently switched back from using the Kiparis RF to the AK74u RF and, quite frankly, I'm not sure why I switched to the Kiparis in the first place Razz . Personally, I think you're better off using Sleight of Hand on SMG classes, especially on ones with high fire rates and/or low clip sizes. Then again, SMGs were meant to be more of a "spraying" type weapon, so Steady Aim is nice on smaller maps. I just wish I could use both at the same time.

I'm also trying to go back to using the AUG, and I seem to be liking it. My problem is that I like to use the Reflex/Red Dot Sight on it, but I don't like the standard dot. I can't seem to find a reticle style and color combination (and possibly even a lens color) that isn't so crowded on the sight that I can still see the entire enemy, but not so small that I can't see the sight. I also want the "dot" itself to stand out more, so I'm trying to use a different color other than red, but can't seem to find one I like. Does anybody have any suggestions? Also, what secondary perk do you suggest while using the AUG? Right now, I'm using Sleight of Hand (normally I'd use Steady Aim, but spraying with an AR kind of defeats its purpose). FYI, I don't like using Suppressors. They seem to nerf damage too much, and I don't normally use Ghost, so I don't see the point in suppressing something if I'm just going to show up on the map after someone gets 2 or 3 kills anyway.

Does anyone ever use LMGs other than the M60? I don't see too many of them online (unless its a lower level player running around with the HK or the RPK), and I almost never use them myself, but I'm hesitant to not have an LMG class.
Demosthenes
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2011 2:55:16 PM

I like the Stoner, but the M60 is what I go with most when I run LMG.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 4:16:35 AM

Demosthenes wrote:

Stoner Extended Mag is what I use right now. I used to use the M60 Grip with Steady Aim, but the recoil on the M60 is too much for me, and I find that the weapon is highly inaccurate at medium to long range. Furthermore, the fire rate is too slow, regardless of that fact that it only takes two or three shots with the M60 to drop someone; in the time that it takes for the M60 to fire two or three shots, someone has already killed me with a FAMAS or SMG.
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 4:56:56 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
You have to have extended Mag to work with the Stoner, If you ask me. Otherwise it's really good
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 5:03:13 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
JRL and KEV001 wrote:
Segastorm wrote:

I just recently switched back from using the Kiparis RF to the AK74u RF and, quite frankly, I'm not sure why I switched to the Kiparis in the first place Razz . Personally, I think you're better off using Sleight of Hand on SMG classes, especially on ones with high fire rates and/or low clip sizes. Then again, SMGs were meant to be more of a "spraying" type weapon, so Steady Aim is nice on smaller maps. I just wish I could use both at the same time.

I'm also trying to go back to using the AUG, and I seem to be liking it. My problem is that I like to use the Reflex/Red Dot Sight on it, but I don't like the standard dot. I can't seem to find a reticle style and color combination (and possibly even a lens color) that isn't so crowded on the sight that I can still see the entire enemy, but not so small that I can't see the sight. I also want the "dot" itself to stand out more, so I'm trying to use a different color other than red, but can't seem to find one I like. Does anybody have any suggestions? Also, what secondary perk do you suggest while using the AUG? Right now, I'm using Sleight of Hand (normally I'd use Steady Aim, but spraying with an AR kind of defeats its purpose). FYI, I don't like using Suppressors. They seem to nerf damage too much, and I don't normally use Ghost, so I don't see the point in suppressing something if I'm just going to show up on the map after someone gets 2 or 3 kills anyway.

Does anyone ever use LMGs other than the M60? I don't see too many of them online (unless its a lower level player running around with the HK or the RPK), and I almost never use them myself, but I'm hesitant to not have an LMG class.

I recently got rid of AK74u and put in the MP5K RF. I usally put Scavanger (gotta love extra mags.) SoH and Marathron and It really Works well.

I would go with Famas instead of the AUG Because of Accuracy.
For Red Dot/Reflex Sights I Usally use a Green Holo-circle.
Secopndary Perk for AUG=SoH.

For LMGs I suggest the Stoner with Extended Mags. It really dosn't work with the normal Clip
Jester007
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:55:24 AM

For me, it depends on how I want to play and on which map. But here's a list of different classes

FIRST BLOOD:
Primary- AK74u w/ Rapid Fire
Secondary- Dual CZ75

Lethal- Semtex
Tactical- Concussion
Equipment- C4

Perk1- Lightweight Pro
Perk 2- Steady Aim Pro
Perk3- Marathon Pro

I like using this class cause its simple and basic. Just a run-and-gun and take advantage of Steady Aim to out manuver people who like to ADS in mid to short range situations.

FLANKER:
Primary- Famas, AUG, Galil, AK47 or Commando (take a pick) w/ supressor
Secondary- CZ75 w/ supressor

Lethal- Semtex
Tactical- Concussion
Equipment- C4

Perk 1- Ghost Pro
Perk 2- Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk 3- Hacker Pro

I like to move around and try to take guys by suprise (not camping!!). So I don't like to have those pesky spy planes giving me away and the supressor weapons help me stay concealed when shooting. Since I move around a lot, I like having Hacker Pro to avoid claymores and being undectable to motion sensors and making it easier to sneak up on those campers.

OVERWATCH:
Primary- M16 w/ ACOG or G11
Secondary- Python w/ speed loader

Lethal- Semtex
Tactical- Concussion
Equipment- Motion Sensor

Perk 1- Flak Jacket Pro
Perk 2- Steady Aim Pro
Perk 3- Second Chance Pro

I generally use this class on maps where you can get some long-range fights. Maps like Jungle (ontop the rock), Berlin Wall, Hazard, Array, Hangar 18, etc. I use the motion sensor to cover my blind side and Flak Jacket helps w/ anyone trying to toss a random explosive your way.

NEED MORE COWBELL:
Primary- Famas w/ Grenade Launcher
Secondary- Crossbow

Lethal- Frag
Tactical- Concussion
Equipment- C4

Perk 1- Scavenger Pro
Perk 2- Warlord Pro or Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk 3- Second Chance Pro

This is just a fun little class that has TONS of things that go BOOM!!! With Warlord Pro, you start w/ 2 lethal grenades, 2 grenades for the tube, 2 C4 packs, and 5 (or is it 6?) Crossbow bolts. With Scavenger Pro, you refill on both lethal grenades AND crossbow bolts for a never ending cycle of fireworks!!!

BTW, if anyone here plays on xbox live, you can send me a friend request. My gamer tag is Darthjester007. I have some amusing and cool videos in my file share if you wanna take a look. Currently I have a clip showing a quad RC kill, a triple kill w/ a china lake and a Law, etc.

Sincerely,
Jester007
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 5:22:53 PM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
I just think it's a crutch gun, meaning it takes no skill to pick up and be good with because it's overpowered and the recoil is nil. I just hate seeing everyone running around with one of those, that's all.

That's exactly the same way I feel about the FAMAS. If you want to complain about a "crutch gun," it's the FAMAS, not the AK74u. I feel the same about camping, too; it takes no skill to hide in a corner hard-scoping the only entrance to/walkway past a room/area and shooting people as they go by. Nothing pisses me off more than a hard-core camper.

I'd have to agree with both of you guys. Too many people rely on the FAMAS and the AK74u. They are the two most abused guns in the game. Way too easy to get kills with. Also the Last Shotgun you unlock, forget the name at the moment. On small maps that is the most kriffing annoying gun in the game. ThumbDown

Well I don't really have a preference gun wise. I've actually shot most of them in the service. I use them all in game. Cool Secondary Weapon is always something to shoot down a Chopper of any kind with. The three Perks I do prefer to use in most of my kits are Scavenger Pro, Warlord Pro, and either Hacker Pro or Tactical Mask Pro. The last one depends on what I'm doing in game. Sleight of Hand Pro is a good one too but not as good as having Warlord Pro. ThumpUp It is a close second for me though. Wink

Grenades are Semtex for lethal and secondary is Concussion Grenades.

Last but certainly not least comes my favorite weapon, and *I should note here they were a lot of fun to use in the Army,* Bomb are........Drum roll please................ Claymores. Very easy to set up. That is one of the most lethal mines we use. ThumpUp Excellent ambush weapon! They are filled with something similar to ball bearings. You do not want to be on the wrong end when this thing goes off!!! It'll ruin your day. Scared
Jester007
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 6:09:40 PM

On a slightly different subject, I really hated people in MW2 doing stupid stuff like having someone use a Riot Shield then planting C4 on him. The guys w/ the shield runs into the enemy and his buddy detonates the C4 at the right moment killing everyone around. Kinda cool suicide bomber idea, but saw it abused waaaay too much. Glad to see they took it out in Black Ops.

Now as for the Famas, I understand where everyone is coming from about how many people use it as a crutch. But let's be honest, its practically the best AR until thee Galil (which you don't get until mid 30s). As someone mentioned earlier, the Famas is unlocked at level 14. It has a solid stat line with accuracy and ROF being the notable attributes. The Galil does have better damage and a larger mag size, but some people just love the reliablity of the Famas (I'll admit, I have about 24k kills with it). I've started the step away from the Famas and use other ARs, but I'm a lvl 50 15th Prestige, so I can do a lot of experimenting that I was unwilling to try before.

As for the AK74u, it also has some great stats. I love having the 30 mag w/ good damage and accuracy. Yeah it looses out in some ROF from most of the other SMGs, but it also has some attachments that those others don't not. I kind of think of the 74u as a more mobile assault rilfe. I use to run a Dual mag on the AK74 for the longest time until Treyarch lowered the damage on it. I loved having the extra ammo and the lightning speed first reload w/ SOH. To be honest, I think the AK74 is the most versitile gun in the game. It has a great base to work from and then can customize for either long range fights or short ranged brawls.

Sincerely,
Jester007
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:44:45 AM

No doubt Jester007, and you make some very good points. They are both great weapons. ThumpUp Which is the reason why they are over abused by the running and gunning crowd.ThumbDown They make for easy kills. There are too many other weapons that are just as much fun.

I'm just not into that kinda game play. Running around with the same weapon and using that for the vast majority of my kills all the time is kinda boring to me. There are just too many other ways to smoke the enemy. Wink
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:44:21 AM

Jester007 wrote:

As for the AK74u, it also has some great stats. I love having the 30 mag w/ good damage and accuracy. Yeah it looses out in some ROF from most of the other SMGs, but it also has some attachments that those others don't not. I kind of think of the 74u as a more mobile assault rilfe. I use to run a Dual mag on the AK74 for the longest time until Treyarch lowered the damage on it. I loved having the extra ammo and the lightning speed first reload w/ SOH. To be honest, I think the AK74 is the most versitile gun in the game. It has a great base to work from and then can customize for either long range fights or short ranged brawls.
Jester007

Kinda off Black Ops subject but the AK-74u (or the AKS-74u) is actually a carbine and that is why it has the gernade launcher and other attachments that the other SMG's Don't have.New
Jester007
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 1:25:44 AM

For those who are interested, my xbox live s/n is Darthjester007. If you want to play a game or two, give me an invite and we can stomp a few people together. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester007
Jester007
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 11:16:05 AM

Little change of subject. Not sure if you all know this, but here's a quick tip. If you use claymores and come accross a tac. insert, don't destroy it. Put the claymore next to it so that when they respawn there BOOOOM!! As long as they don't have Flak Jacket, you can get and easy kill.

Also, does anyone have any suggesstions for using the M60? I've tried putting a red dot or ACOG scope on it with grip, but I can hardly hit a darn thing. I'm even standing still and pulsing the trigger to keep the recoil effect to a minimum, but it aggrivates me to death that bullets are spraying everywhere except the guy I am aiming at. I want to use the M60 more often, but its been more of a pain to me than a boon.

Sincerely,
Jester007
JRL and KEV001
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:26:52 AM

Jester007 wrote:
Little change of subject. Not sure if you all know this, but here's a quick tip. If you use claymores and come accross a tac. insert, don't destroy it. Put the claymore next to it so that when they respawn there BOOOOM!! As long as they don't have Flak Jacket, you can get and easy kill.

Also, does anyone have any suggesstions for using the M60? I've tried putting a red dot or ACOG scope on it with grip, but I can hardly hit a darn thing. I'm even standing still and pulsing the trigger to keep the recoil effect to a minimum, but it aggrivates me to death that bullets are spraying everywhere except the guy I am aiming at. I want to use the M60 more often, but its been more of a pain to me than a boon.

Sincerely,
Jester007

See I dind't know that about the Tacs. and Claymores. My brother (KEV001) uses the M60 alot so I would have to ask him
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:22:15 AM

With the M60, I always use a Grip and some sort of sight (usually Red Dot, but ACOG is good too). I use Warlord (obviously) as well as Ghost (usually - I like to flank people and then spray them all with M60 fire lol) and Hacker. I have decent success when I use it.