RegisterDonateLogin

Finds your lack of faith disturbing.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Suggestion: Collection Booster and Overall Booster Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:37:53 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Under open boosters, I'd like to see the option to generate an "Overall Booster" consisting of 7 figures drawn randomly from all sets:

1. Determine the booster will contain a rare or very rare (1/3 chance of very rare).
2. Draw a random rare or very rare (based on step 1), taken from any set.
3. Draw 2 random uncommons, taken from any set.
4. Draw 4 random commons, taken from any set.

I'd say to include huges as normal figures, especially given the fact that they're mixed in as normal in the Vsets. But you could possibly include a checkbox to include/exclude Huges.

Possibly include a checkbox to include/exclude starter set and scenario figures. (Categorize fixed rarity figures as follows: uniques are rare and non-uniques are uncommon.)

Similarly, I'd lke to see the option to generate a "Collection Booster" consisting of 7 random figures drawn only from my collection. It would work just like the above, but only draw from figures in the user's collection.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:18:35 AM
Groups: Member

Sounds like an interesting idea. Yeah, that would be kind of nice to have.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:00:18 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
Sounds like an interesting idea. Yeah, that would be kind of nice to have.

The Collection Booster option would let you do a booster match at home pretty easily.

The Overall Booster option could be used in the Vassal booster leagues. In the league cicrush is going to run, boosters will be handed out randomly, but if you get randomly handed a Rebel Storm booster instead of a Destiny of the Force booster, you're really out of luck. Using Overall Boosters would lead to a better distribution. You'd get some random crappy figures but not a whole random crappy booster. (Of course, I'd also have to convince cicrush to use this feature if it were implemented... coding this option up shouldn't take more than an hour, I'm sure. BigGrin )
shinja
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:58:45 AM
Groups: Administration

I think this is all working like you requested now. Just select "All" in the dropdown list. Check the first checkbox to limit the results to figs in your collection. Huges and starter set/scenario figures are automatically included (there's not checkbox to exclude them).
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:30:58 PM

shinja wrote:
I think this is all working like you requested now. Just select "All" in the dropdown list. Check the first checkbox to limit the results to figs in your collection. Huges and starter set/scenario figures are automatically included (there's not checkbox to exclude them).

Amazing turn-around time!!! Thank you!
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:16:05 PM
Groups: Member

Neat. This would make for a good booster league.