RegisterDonateLogin

Dark Lord of the Fridge.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Vset 23 Quick Mini Tourney Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 9:05:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Pile of Pirates over Jabba's Wookiees and Friends on Royal Militia HQ 168-107. We had time for one more round, but Jabba was untouched and none of my guys even had line of sight on him. I would've had to kill him to reach 200. It might have been possible, but very unlikely. Plus, in this tournament it doesn't matter if you reach 200 anyway, so we just called it since all 4 of her main attackers were defeated.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2022 7:31:33 PM
Groups: Member

The Bad Batch defeated the Imperial unique Troopers, 200-104. The BB's superior Defense stats (due to Synergy) made it difficult for the Imperials to get damage onto them quickly enough. Hunter and Wrecker both went down, but they did enough damage on the way out that the rest of the team could finish up.

So I guess it's Bad Batch vs the Pirates in the final. Cool!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2022 8:03:55 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
The Bad Batch defeated the Imperial unique Troopers, 200-104. The BB's superior Defense stats (due to Synergy) made it difficult for the Imperials to get damage onto them quickly enough. Hunter and Wrecker both went down, but they did enough damage on the way out that the rest of the team could finish up.

So I guess it's Bad Batch vs the Pirates in the final. Cool!

Awesome. Looking forward to it!
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2022 9:15:26 PM

The Bad Batch is celebrating its successful mission with some Mantell Mix.

There were Evade CEs on both squads, and a majority of 30dmg attacks on both squads. But the Bad Batch had high Defenses (26 in cover) due to Synergy and Disruptive, which really messed with the Pirates' ability to get enough damage through. Meanwhile, the Bad Batch was able to pick off a couple of Pirate scrubs each round, so that eventually the game started to snowball. When we rand out of time, the Bad Batch had earned 196pts and the Pirates had earned just over 100.

I'm enjoying these BB boys (and Echo). They've got some cool tricks going on, and some effective combos. I didn't end up triggering the Mission: Acquisition in either match, so perhaps next time I'll be able to.
gholli69
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2022 3:41:16 AM

I have to say I am kind of surprised that the guy who won Gencon with Han in carbonite didn't trigger Mission bonus acquisition in either game.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2022 7:34:19 AM

Congrats, tint!

thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2022 2:20:31 PM

gholli69 wrote:
I have to say I am kind of surprised that the guy who won Gencon with Han in carbonite didn't trigger Mission bonus acquisition in either game.
haha, true! However, I didn't un-freeze Han at Gencon half of the time, either.

In the first game the token was too difficult to reach, and by the time I did reach it, I had already dealt with most of the opposition. In the second game I could've reached it, but I chose not to because I didn't realize how good it actually was. Now I understand that it doesn't change the piece's activation status, but rather that it basically functions like the Pawn of the Darkside ability (it gives a free activation to a piece, after which that piece can then activate again as normal)...and that is definitely worth chasing down and using!