RegisterDonateLogin

Only legal in the Outer Rim.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Andor tv series Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:12:53 PM
Groups: Member

Anyone watched this yet? I think it is the best series out yet! It feels like Rogue One and i really enjoy the care they are taking to develop characters and not just have lots of action. The writing is excellent! i really like the story of how the rebellion starts and seeing Mon Mothma and Luthen working behind the scenes to strike against the empire.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 2:51:01 PM

Quote:
Anyone watched this yet? ...
anyone else watching this show right now?

Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 11:20:29 AM

Anyone else watching this show right now? episode 5 just dropped today and i am loving the character building!
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 6:33:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm enjoying it. It's a slow build, but I really like the character building too. It's really interesting seeing every day lives and interactions in the EU. It's shot and scripted very differently than typical star wars in that way.
Randy
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2022 6:11:28 AM

Looking forward to episode 6.
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2022 8:12:09 AM

Sadly I dont want to be disappointed so I am cautious when i take on a Star Wars Show. I have yet to watch Rise of Skywalker because I do not want my picture of Sidious and Kylo ruined. I love Kylo from The Last Jedi. Same with the Han Solo movie. I did watch the Obi-Wan Kenobi because I trusted it. I LOVED Mandalorian Season 1 and Season 2 was an insane let down. I wish I never watched Rogue One. I did enjoy the Visions shows because they were quirky and we knew they held no gravitas. I am glad you are enjoying it. Maybe Andor is enough "off the beaten path" to be safe to watch like Mandalorian.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2022 7:27:27 AM

now that the entire season is out, I gotta say this is the best Star Wars has been since Empire Strikes back. The story, writing and characters were all really good in this show! I love the whole idea of showing the start of the Rebellion as that is as key a part of Star Wars as the Jedi are. Really excellent series and I rank it just above The Mandalorian now (which I love by the way!) mostly because it had a good story to tell and the Mandalorian has episodes occasionally that feel like filler and don't move the characters and overall story forward. I liked how the show had action but it wasn't the focus. When it was shown it was brutal and realistic. The series really shows more than any other movie just how evil the Empire is and makes you see just how difficult it is for a rebellion to succeed against them! Stormtroopers are actually scary! They were hitting targets quite effectively when they were in action.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2022 10:37:59 AM

Yes, I really, really enjoyed the Andor show! More than the Mandalorian, which surprised me. I liked that every Andor episode was part of one long story; by contrast, the Mandalorian show was made up of individual episodes tied loosely together. This approach (the one used in the Andor show) allows for deeper character development and more impactful plot twists. I'm excited to see what happens in season 2.