RegisterDonateLogin

The perfect complement to Wookiee Cookiees.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Aotearoa New Zealand Star Wars Miniatures Championship 12023 Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2023 4:40:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Cassus fett wrote:
What lightsaber style was Hayden typically giving Grievous? Based on the field I'm guessing Soresu?

he probably did against kezza's Partisans. he told me that Grievous getting Makashi in addition to Parry was key for his win against Mike's Nightsisters. in his games against me, he took Shii-Cho since the other styles don't help against the Raks.
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2023 7:57:55 PM
Groups: Member

I believe he used Shii-Cho against Kezza's squad - the jump from a +10 attack to a +14 attack makes Grievous hit more reliably.
Hayden_Solo
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2023 12:45:26 PM

Cassus fett wrote:
What lightsaber style was Hayden typically giving Grievous? Based on the field I'm guessing Soresu?

Despite what I expected I never actually ended up taking Soresu, both people I played with shooters (Joe and kezza) I felt Shii-Cho fit better. Grevious having 14att/24def (18att with guile, so practically guaranteed hits) against the Partisans definitely helped him run in deep with spinning blades, damage a lot of people, then survive long enough without presumed dead proccing to get a second spinning blades for the kills.
Cassus fett
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2023 7:00:16 PM

Hayden_Solo wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

Despite what I expected I never actually ended up taking Soresu, both people I played with shooters (Joe and kezza) I felt Shii-Cho fit better. Grevious having 14att/24def (18att with guile, so practically guaranteed hits) against the Partisans definitely helped him run in deep with spinning blades, damage a lot of people, then survive long enough without presumed dead proccing to get a second spinning blades for the kills.

BlooMilk

Very well thought out. What was the logic of stacking parry and Makashi, or was that a misattribution?
Hayden_Solo
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2023 7:54:17 PM

Cassus fett wrote:
Hayden_Solo wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

BlooMilk

Very well thought out. What was the logic of stacking parry and Makashi, or was that a misattribution?

Two attempts to prevent damage from melee attacks - functionally gives a free re-roll on the parry save
Mando
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2023 5:31:32 AM

Congrats to Joe for the win! nice to see separatists getting some high level play