RegisterDonateLogin

Recommends never trying to milk a rancor.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Fall 2023) Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 4) Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2023 7:00:02 PM
Groups: Member

spryguy1981 (3) def n3rdsl4y3r (0) 394-134 on Anchorhead

He gave Mace Makashi, I gave Aayla Makashi, Serra took Makashi, Quinlan chose Dooku's CE, and Quiggy attached to Tholme.

Round 1 we moved forwards and I charged Aayla in to try and damage Dooku. I used Brutal but only got 30 through.

Round 2 I swapped init rolls and went first and moved Adjacent to Ani-Obi and did 90. He killed Aayla with a grip. He towed Mace forward who came in and hit Serra Keto. She went down to 10HP. R2 towed her away and locked Mace out of the center room to trigger Quinlan's Ataru. Tholme healed Serra for 30. Between Quinlan, Ani, and Cin I got Mace down to 30 but ate up his force points. Serra then based him and used Throw with Momentum to kill him. He moved Ani-Obi out and did 20 to Cin.

Round 3 I won init and brutal struck Ani-Obi to bring them down to 10. They based Quinlan and dropped him to 30 and he gripped them to death and ran back to Tholme who healed 30 from him. Dooku ran in and zapped R2, Ani, Tholme, and Quinlan. Ani went in and attacked after a Djem-So/Makashi battle I had Dooku down to 50 and Ani was at 30. Serra killed Caleb. Holocron dissipated because it didn't have an ally to claim. Wicket and FlObi killed R2.

Round 4 I swapped init rolls to win and try and kill Dooku. Cin used brutal struck him for 40 leaving him at 10. He then killed Ani who killed Dooku on Djem So. Serra and FlObi killed Sifo. He brought in his placed order and Sev shot at Serra and missed and I killed another Spaarti.

It was a really fun game with N3rd and his rolls started out hot then fizzled. Mine stayed fairly consistent between hits and misses. I ended up using my force powers to take down both Ani-Obi and Mace and would've used them on Dooku had his Makashi's not been abhorrent vs Gen Sky. Always a fun game with N3rd.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2023 8:44:03 PM

thereisnotry defeats Darth O, 392-204 (3-1)

Oliver won the map roll but chose my map (Rancor Pen) because it offered more space for his Rathtars to move around. I chose to set up on the left. The Agent and Cognus set up in the top-left section, along with the guards and the XT droid. I stupidly set up the Emperor at the north end of the gambit zone, because I forgot that he has absolutely ZERO survivability (for some reason I thought he had evade), along with the Nexus and Tulak nearby. Oliver set up his shooty characters (of which there were many more than I had thought) to the south of the room, and then Ahsoka and Ezra in the room above, along with some Uggies. The Rathtars were set up as far forward as they could go in the area outside the room and at the bottom of the map.

Round 1: I won init and went first. Intuition for Cognus and then Rex. Exar moved forward to turn on the Dark Aura. Rex stepped out and shot Tulak, missing the first but then rolling a crit on the next attack...naturally I missed my save, so Tulak teleported away (out of LOS) rather than risking more nasty dice. Gregor stepped up to put 60dmg on the Emperor with a hit and *another* crit. The Agent shot Gregor, with a miss and a crit (presumed dead). Zeb came out and put 60dmg on the Emperor (10hp now). Kallus stepped out to shoot the Emperor, but missed. The 10hp Emperor activated and used SBM twice to pull Kallus and Rex in closer to my folk. Cognus turned on Suppression and moved forward. Kanan killed the Emperor. Tulak moved forward and Teleported with Rage to put 60dmg on Kallus (30hp). Associated people move forward. A Rathtar moved over Tulak, but no dmg. I teleported Exar up to Tulak via Vongerella's CE. The Nexus pushed Bane forward so that he was adjacent to a Rathtar. Gambit for both, 18-57.

Round 2: I won init and chose to go first. Intuition as usual. Tulak killed Kallus and put some damage onto the Rathtar. Then I sacc'ed the XT droid, which allowed the Agent to shoot Ahsoka, who made a LS save and only took 50dmg. Ahsoka moved up for a Brutal Strike on Tulak, but missed both attacks. The Rathtar attacked Zannah, missing everything except for a crit, except Zannah rolled a 19 on her SSM, which sent the dmg back at the Rathtar. Cognus moved up to attack the Rathtar with Rage, but I naturally missed one of the attacks. Bane then double-attacked it to finish it off. The other Rathtar ineffectually attacked Tulak. Rex attacked Tulak, doing no damage. Vongerella zapped Ahsoka (50hp), and then Exar stole a fp from her. Zeb missed some shots. Gregor did some damage to Tulak. The Nexus pushed Zannah forward, so that she could base Ahsoka for a LS Assault (Ahsoka at 10hp). Ezra dominated Ahsoka, who failed her Presence save and lost her last 10hp and died. Kanan did a sweet Barrage, hitting Tulak and Zannah and Vongerella. Naturally, he rolled a crit vs Vongerella, who died on the next attack. He did 20dmg to Tulak, who teleported to a safer spot. Gambit for me, 162-77.

Round 3: I won init. I stupidly intuitioned Cognus forward (you'll see why in a minute). Bane then spent 4 fp for Force Focus and Force Lightning, to hit Kanan and the Rathtar for 50dmg each. However, Zeb then charged forward to hit Cognus for 70dmg (Rend) and Kanan followed up with a sweet Barrage that targeted Bane and Zannah and Cognus (doing 30dmg to both Bane and Cognus). Coordinated Movement pulled Ezra closer to the fight. However, this brought him within 6 of Dark Aura, which was still active because Cognus wasn't dead yet ("I'm not dead yet!....I feel happy!"). So the Agent shot Ezra twice, for 100dmg. I got very fortunate here, though, since I was relying on Dark Aura but had forgotten that Ezra has Fixed Odds...so he was needing 11s, not 15s...but he failed both saves anyway, and died. Cognus used Rage and once again missed an attack, so Zeb was down to 40hp. Rex stepped out to put the final damage into Cognus (failed Evade and a fprr), which also eliminated the ghost. The Rathtar did 20dmg to Tulak (who teleported and missed Kanan), and then rolled a crit, which Tulak obviously missed...along with the fprr, so Tulak went down like a chump. Now it was Zannah, Bane, and the Agent vs Zeb, Rathtar, Rex, and Gregor. Zannah did 40dmg to the Rathtar. Misses all around with the scrubs, the only difference being that one of my Guards scored a hit on a no-cover Ugnaught. Gambit for me, 216-183.

Round 4: Oliver won init. Kanan did another big Barrage, doing 60dmg to Bane and 60dmg to Zannah (I couldn't roll SSM to save my life...literally), and killing an Uggie. Bane then used Rage (and JH) to kill Kanan, took a Counterpush in the face, and then stepped back out of LOS since he only had 20hp left and Oliver still had several shooters to use. The Agent then shot Zeb, missing the first attack but hitting the second (failed evade), so that evened things out a bit. Bane at 20hp, Zannah at 40hp, but despite a pile of attacks from the Rathtar, Zannah lived. Zannah then attacked the Rathtar, bringing it to 10hp with the help of a crit. However, in spending all of those fp to survive, Zannah spent the Nexus' final fp, which killed it off. Gambit for me, 307-204

Round 5: Oliver won init, and the Rathtar attacked Zannah...who bounced the damage right back onto it, killing it. The Agent then shot Gregor dead. Zannah charged at Rex, dropping him to 30hp. Rex tried to shoot Zannah, but to no avail. That was the end of the game, since nobody else could get close enough to make attacks. Gambit for me, 392-204.

Wow, what a barn-burner of a game! So much fun! It was quite back-and-forth, with some big kills happening early and some timely crits by Oliver and some overall horrible SSM/Evade saves by me. In hindsight I probably should've done a few things very differently: don't put the Emperor in LOS when he doesn't even have Evade (duh!!), and don't trust my dice to be friendly when my opponent rolls well, don't throw Cognus forward when there are several high-damage shooters who can base her...ya know, basic stuff like that. But as always, Oliver was a fabulous opponent and we had a good time playing together. Thanks!
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2023 8:01:19 PM

DarthMaim defeats Mando ( 350 to 195 ) on Rancor Pit ( 3-1).

Mando rolls a 20 for map roll, so Rancor Pit, here we come. I chose the right side and put most of my guys in the middle. Mando setup most of his guys in the middle bottom portion of the Rancor Pen.

Rnd 1: Mando wins init. Positioning with both of us getting gambit.

Rnd 2: Mando wins init. Mando intuitions Old Daka and I moved Satele. Mando pulls off cool manuever with Talia using her Invisibility Potion moving the Nightsister on the Rancor 4 squares to when the potion wore off, so that she could Lightning Revan, Lsu, and Zallow. Then Mother Talzin's CE had her do it again! Ouch! Bastila says she didn't put on her Jedi robe for nothing, sits down crossing her legs, and activates ABM. The Lightning zaps really made Lsu and Zallow mad and they moved up to do 90 dmg on the Rancor. Xesh moved up and did 30 dmg, and she parried the other attack. Uggh. So Satele came in to finish the Rancor off with her parrying the first attack, finally going down on Satele's second attack. On came the Nightsister Sith Witch with Dismount. Revan, who was severely injured at this point, said, "I must sacrifice myself for the greater good" Master speeds to the heart of Mandos squad, attacks the Nightsister Sith Witch 2 times killing her, then putting 20 dmg on Maul. Revan then does his Force Repulse, to hit Maul, his brother Savage, Talia, Silri, Malicos, and for good measure, Ventress, who were all huddling together at the top left side of gambit. Super ouch time! They all were then pushed back, like the white ball in pool breaking up a cluster of solid and stripe balls. Both of us get gambit, as the most important init of the game is about to take place.

Rnd 3: Maim wins the most crucial init of the day. Revan moves in to kill Savage. He then activates another Force Repulse, which hits all the same Nightsisters and brothers except Talia. Then an XT-6 is sacked, to have Xesh finish off Maul. Assajj takes out Revan, who had no way of defending himself being totally Force depleted. Silri takes out Satele. Lsu takes out Malicos. Both of us get gambit.

Rnd 4: Maim wins init. Vaklu tries to blast Asajj, but rolls a 6 and 7, needing 8's. Oh crappers. Asajj master speeds to track down Vaklu, and takes him out in 2 slashes of her lightsabers. T3 does his flamethrower thing on Asajj, and Zallow Force Pushes her, ending her day on the battlefield. Lsu takes out Silri, and nothing else really happens this rnd, as time expires. Both of us get gambit.

The Rancor Pit was the perfect hunting grounds for the Nightsister on Rancor, who put the hurt on Revan from the very beginning, putting the fear in the Old Republic's quest to "Stifle" the Separatists day. Invisibility Potion is a cool trick, that caught me by surprise. Ultimately the day was won with the Rnd 3 init win. Had Mando won that, the game would have been totally different. All in all, a fun day of playin SWM with a good player in Mando. Thanks for the game!
Mando
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2023 2:53:48 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Fall 2023: Round 4 game #2 results

spryguy1981 (3pts) defeats N3rdSl4y3r (0pts) : (394-134)

DarthMaim (3pts) defeats Mando (1pt) : (350-195)

Overley28 (3pts) vs Bye

thereisnotry (3pts) defeats Darth O (1pt) : (392-204)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Fall 2023
Leaderboard after round 4, game #2 completion.
1: 18 Points: Overly28 - WWWLWWW
2: 18 Points: DarthMaim - WWLWWWW
3: 17 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWWLWW
4: 16 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWWLWLW
5: 10 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - LWLWLWL
6: 7 Points: Mando - LLLWWLL
7: 5 Points: Darth O - LLWLLLL

congrats to our top 4 players! playoffs will start shortly to determine the final standings. may the force be with you!