RegisterDonateLogin

Only legal in the Outer Rim.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What a Wonderful Community! a holiday thank you Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2023 5:49:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I know we have our differences a lot of the time, but I just want to say, when push comes to shove, this community really knows how to support each other. Some of you know that I've had a really tough year with my health and mental health. I got a new job in the middle of the year, which led to some SNAFUs and additional stress, even though it was ultimately a great move. I spent over two months in pretty intensive, basically daily treatment for my concerns. I'm still recovering. But all of this is to say, even though not a ton of people knew exactly what I was going through, everybody in the community has been nothing but kind, compassionate, and supportive for whatever I needed. I was in a partial hospitalization program during VassalCon and basically couldn't run any of it, and this community stepped up in a big way. I could call out individual people, but the point of this post is that being a part of this community AS A WHOLE is such a gift and I could not ask for a better group of compatriots.

So thank you all for being so endlessly kind. Whatever you celebrate this season, may it bring you joy and peace. And try to remember, the next time you start to get into a fight over the Balance Committee, how special this group of people really is.

BlooMilk to you all.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 4:03:31 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the kind words Laura! You are such a great person and a stellar player in this community, so I am glad to hear that you are on the path to recovery from whatever it was you are dealing with. We really have an amazing group of people in this community and it is even growing larger, which makes me very proud to be a part of it and getting to play this game with great people. You and Jason have done so much for this game with helping in rules questions, balance committee, design and tournament organizing. Thank you so much for all that you do! ThumbsUp
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 7:09:32 AM

I agree, this is a wonderful group of people!

Came for the game, stayed for the people.
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 11:49:25 AM

Genuinely sorry to hear about the struggles, Laura. Your resilience is evident despite the hurdles you've faced this year. Your acknowledgment of our community's support during this time speaks volumes about both you and our group's strength. Finding solace in our community during personal challenges is heartening. Being part of a community that shares common interests and genuine care is a special gift.

Wishing you all joy, peace, brighter days, and zero betrayals ahead this season.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 9:09:31 PM

I hope your recovery gets easier Laura, sorry to hear it's been a rough year and hopefully 2024 is an easier one. Long live Shmi and SWM BlooMilk
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 11:10:36 PM

That's a great message, Laura.

For Laura BlooMilk
For the community BlooMilk

spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2023 5:44:22 AM

We really do have a great community. I'm so glad you're finding your footing again.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2023 10:21:36 AM

These responses have proved my point ThumbsUp

You folks are awesome!