RegisterDonateLogin

I can't believe it's not bantha!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 2) (Spring 2024) Options
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 3:50:34 AM
Groups: Member

Welcome everyone to round 2 of the Spring of 2024 tournament of Galactic Escalation!

The divisions are as follows:

Core Worlds Division:

thereisnotry
Mando
urbanshmi
DarthMaim
spryguy1981

Outer Rim Division:

urbanjedi
gandalf
N3rd
Hi-Fives
Darth O

Game length is 75 minutes and gambit is worth 8pts per 150pt matchup rules. There will be 1 week starting March 13th, 2024 to get your matchups in. Please complete your games by midnight on March 20th, 2024. If anyone needs extra time, we can extend the time needed, just let us know. Now here are the people and squads that will be competing in round 2:

thereisnotry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/251927/heroes-of-endor-150

--Heroes of Endor 150--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
38 Chewie
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)

(150pts. 5 activations)

Map: Remote Listening Post

spryguy1981:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254281/professor-lukes-dance-class

--Professor Luke's Dance Class--
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
35 Han Solo, Legendary Hero
33 Mara Jade, Galactic Hero
18 Lor San Tekka
10 R2-D2, Galactic Hero
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(149pts. 7 activations)

Map: Great Library

Darth O:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252060/falleen-up-150
--Falleen Up 150--
46 Black Sun Gladiator Droid
25 Alexi Garyn, Head of the Black Sun
16 Battle Droid Sergeant
16 Geonosian Overseer
15 BX Commando Droid Sniper
9 Battle Droid Officer
6 Falleen Spy
10 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x2
4 Human Blaster-for-Hire
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(154pts. 11 activations)

Mando:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/251772/galactic-escalation-round-2--isb-operations-

--Galactic Escalation Round 2 (ISB Operations)--
35 Carnor Jax
33 Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith
21 Dedra Meero, ISB Supervisor
16 Security Officer Stormtrooper
45 Shadow Scout x5

(150pts. 9 activations)

urbanjedi:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252009/killik-em-all-150

45 Shaak Ti, Jedi Survivor
38 Raynar Thul (Unuthul)
27 Killik Queen
16 Killik Joiner
8 Killik Worker
10 Killik Drone x2
5 Porg

(149pts. 8 activations)

Map: remote listening center

Hi-Fives:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254238/fives-ramp-up-150

--Fives-ramp up 150--
34 Null ARC Trooper Captain Ordo
33 Captain Rex
27 ARC Trooper Captain Fordo
36 ARC Trooper x2
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(150pts. 8 activations)

Map: Ravaged Base

DarthMaim:

--In the Talons of the Beast 150--
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Morrigan Corde
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
27 Raskta Fenni, Echani Duelist
8 Wicket
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(140pts. 10 activations)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252084/in-the-talons-of-the-beast-150

Map of Choice: Great Library

urbanshmi:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254157/the-good-aol-boys-club-150

--The Good AoL Boys' Club 150--
60 Raskta Lsu
40 Sarro Xaj
16 Johun Othone
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
10 Army of Light Trooper x2
3 XT-6 Droid

(140pts. 7 activations)

N3rdSl4y3r:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252055/din-not-see-that-coming--150-

--Din Not See That Coming (150)--
67 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin) and the Child
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Killik Drone
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(146pts. 7 activations)

Map: Frigid Outpost

gandalfthegreatestwizard:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252126/to-whom-the-bird-has-sung

--to whom the bird has sung--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
21 Lando Calrissian, Infiltrator
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
5 C-3PO, Ewok Deity
5 Pirate Breachman

(150pts. 7 activations)

Mando
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 3:52:27 AM

Round 2 pairings are:

Core Worlds matchups:

thereisnotry vs urbanshmi

Mando vs DarthMaim

Outer Rim matchups:

gandalfthegreatestwizard vs Hi-Fives

urbanjedi vs N3rd

Outer Rim vs Core Worlds match:

spryguy1981 vs Darth O

We can start getting games in on Tuesday (3/12/24) and we will have until midnight of next Wednesday (3/20/24) to get your games in. If people need an extension because of schedule conflicts, let me know and we can add a few more days so you can get your game in. Looking forward to seeing the results from this round!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 11:39:46 AM

squads and pairings are up! May the force be with you!ThumpUp
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2024 6:50:07 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

UrbanShmi over Thereisnotry, 180-80 (3-1) on Great Library

I started on the left and he started on a right. He brought in Luke Rebel Hero (taking Twin) and Han HS (taking Opp 20) with Versatility. The first round or so was positioning, neither had gambit after the first round. Raskta kept Niman Mastery, making her a cool 30D in cover, so she didn't have to deal with any early shots. Toward the end of round 2, Johun was undefended, and Luke ran up and hit him 4 times, taking away my Evade. I got a little worried, but won the critical next initiative and, with the help of the XT droid, managed to take out Luke (switching Raskta to Jar'Kai). From there, Chewie went down next (5 total attacks from Sarro and Raskta), then Han. Trevor managed to keep the droids in Gambit long enough to get him 1 point loss, but they were also ultimately destroyed.

This was a fun game and a rare win for me over Trevor. Always a pleasure to play TINT, and looking forward very much to seeing him in Ohio!
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2024 5:48:40 PM

DarthMaim defeats Mando ( 158 to 22 ) on Great Library (3-0).

We have the same map and I win map roll and Mando chooses right side. We both set-up in the middle areas on our perspective sides.

Rnd 1: Mando wins init and goes first. We both start moving towards gambit advancing our guys towards the middle doors. Mando has a lot of free movement with coordinating on the Scouts and Deedra with her CE and Lumiya with Farsight. Mando makes a mistake at the end and has one of his scouts in the hallway with no cover so I open the middle door with a scrub and charging fire Morrigan to the door to draw a line and she crits to annihilate the scout, then agiles to safety. Rnd ends with Mando getting gambit and me not in gambit.

Rnd 2: Mando wins init again, and positions his guys with coordinating movement and such, and fires on Morrigan with with a scout utilizing Rebel Hunter from implicate and a misses on the first and hits on the second, with Morrigan missing her evade. Then Mira, sensing trouble with her teammate getting injured, activates Force Sense, and draws a crazy line of sight shot from bfe, and takes out a scout, then mobiling to safety. Then Morrigan, fresh off from licking off her blaster wound, returns the favor to another scout, missing her first shot, but then connecting on the 2nd, taking out the scout, then moving to safety, away from all los of enemy characters. Then another scout moves and uses targeting blaster to try and hit MVP Wicket, but misses. Then another one takes a shot on Wicket with targeting and hit for 10 dmg, leaving the furry little guy alive and kicking. Hero of Endor Wicket throws a spear in retaliation for being shot and crits with a mighty spear head-shot, ending that scout, who never saw it coming. Carnor Jax advances to storm the bunker and Raskta comes in and puts a major hurt on Jax with her Echani foil, inflicting and connecting with 2 hits for 80 dmg. Rnd ends with Mando getting gambit, and once again none for me.

Rnd 3: The all too critical init and finally I win one rolling an 18 to Mando's 16. I go first with Raskta again swinging her all-mighty sword, with 2 additional "18" vassal dice rolls ( giving me 3 18's in a row- WOW! ) which took out Jax, just being overwhelmed by the greatest Echani duelist of her time! Then, Mando's last scout came in throwing a timely, perfectly placed grenade that exploded taking out 2 uggies and hurting Talon with 10 dmg. The rest of the rnd had the heavy hitters taking out the rest of Mando's squad, ending the game with me finally getting gambit for the first time in the game.

All in all, a really tough uphill battle for Mando with my squad being the perfect counter to his stealth and 2 beef sticks that got taken out trying to storm a bunker's nest of nasty stinging hornets. The Vassal dice Gods were really good to me with a few timely crits and the 3 "18" rolls in a row, giving me the all crucial 3rd rnd init, that ended the services of the Imperial Security Bureau to the loyal citizens of the Empire. I really love the synergy of Mando's team, especially Dedra Meero, ISB Supervisor, who he designed personally. Always fun to play with Mando!
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2024 7:22:42 AM

Spryguy1981 (3) defeats Darth O (1) 174-77 on Great Library

He "won" map so I let him set up first. He took left and I took right. I set Luke up in gambit.

Round 1 Han snapped off 2 misses at the BX-Droid. Mara and Luke both Cloaked. O moved his BX up within 6 of Luke to set up an intuition shot. Gladiator Droid moved up where he could use his Beam Cannons.

Round 2 O won init and put 30 on Luke. Luke with Ataru finished off the BX (barely) rolled 2 1s in that round. Han stepped out and put 60 on the Gladiator Droid. The Gladiator Droid used Beam Cannon and rolled a crit which allowed him to drop Mara to 20 Damage. Taco moved Mara up and she used a FP to base the Gladiator Droid and pray for no 1's. She did not roll 1's and killed it. O ran up with his grenades guys and finished her off losing an Uggie and the Human Blaster in the process. Alexi moved up and put 20 on Taco. Gambit for both

Round 3 O won init and Alexi killed Taco, who used noble sacrifice to allow Han to attack and kill the BDO. Han then stepped into the room and killed the two Klats. R2 rolled into gambit and my Uggie and Kneesaa moved forward too. Luke put 60 on Alexi with another load of missed attacks. Gambit for both

Round 4 O won init and Alexi put 20 more on Luke who then killed him on his turn. Han killed the Falleen and the Sergeant, O ran the Overseer past Luke who made him look like a bug on a windshield.

Overall, it was a really fun game and it stayed fairly close. The crit on Mara had me worried that he'd hit all 4 and she would die. Thankfully, 1 missed and she was able to trade her life for the Gladiator.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2024 1:09:46 PM

gandalf's Heroes of Endor defeat Hi-Fives' ARC Troopers 155-0

I won map roll and chose Great Library. Hi-Fives set up on the left. All the Versatility characters swapped out for their newest versions.

Round 1, I used "Such Devotion in a Droid" to move (speed 0) C3PO, Ewok Deity 6 squares (this is never going to work). The Pirate breached a door locked by my Artoo to wound Leia for her commander effect. The ARC Troopers advanced to the western door of the Library and the Heroes to the east. At the end of the round, Doombot towed an ARC trooper to the middle to take 4 shots at Han, hitting 2, 1 of which was evaded. Han took his revenge, killing the ARC trooper and Doombot. Luke ran into gambit. 35-0

Round 2, I won init, and made Hi-Fives go first. Obighost teleported to gambit and his Ugnaught blew up the left door. I spun some guys and he moved an ARC trooper into the lower left cubbyhole. Artoo moved up next to Luke, bringing God-Threepio along for the ride. Ordo came out to shoot at Artoo (couldn't get Luke because of Stealth), and hit him twice (failed evades) and hit Luke for 10 with Splash. Fordo joined the ARC trooper in the cubbyhole. Han came out to play and missed Ordo, but rerolled for a 70 damage crit which killed him (rolled a 1 on the Beskar). Captain Rex joined Fordo and the trooper in the lower left. Leia pushed Luke 6 then he killed Fordo with a Double/Twin. 104-0

Round 3, Hi-Fives won init. Rex tried to put the hurt on Luke, and did get a couple of hits through. Then Han killed Rex and Luke killed the last ARC trooper, leaving Mas Amedda to bring news of this defeat to the chancellor. 155-0

Hi-Fives fought valiantly despite not having the Vassal dice or the matchup on his side. (Heroes of Endor seem to do pretty well against other shooter squads, what with all the Evade and the high damage output.)
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2024 6:44:12 PM

N3rdSl4y3r (3) defeats urbanjedi (1) 157-143 on Frigid Outpost

I won map and chose Frigid Outpost, urbanjedi took the left.

Round 1: We both advance to gambit, Din ends up at the door. Killik drones in the hall left of gambit room.

Round 2: We blow up a few doors. Killik Joiner charging assaults up to Mira, who makes both Paralysis saves and is left with 10hp. Mira kills the Joiner and uses Force Sense. Din cable grabs and hits Shaak Ti leaving her at 50hp. Raynar moves into the gambit room and R7 locks the door behind him.

Round 3: I win init and Mira throws 2 grenades at Raynar and runs out of the room. Drone 1 blows door, drone 2 hits Din for 30 damage and gets counter pushed to death. Shaak Ti moves up and hits Din for 40 damage. Din grabs again to try and kill Raynar, but LDS leaves him with 30hp. Queen misses her attack on Din. Raynar crits on Din leaving him with 30hp. Tribal Intervention triggers and Mira runs up and hit Shaak Ti, and kills the worker bodyguard.

Round 4: urbanjedi wins gambit with recon, and uses Shaak Ti to run up and kills Din with a crit. Shaak Ti uses her CE to move Raynar. Mira is still able to get in position to kill Shaak Ti and Raynar with grenades. Queen kills Mira and Talon bases the Queen in gambit.

Round 5 & 6: Talon and Queen fought in gambit. Talon was able to withstand the strong pheromones and not turn into a bug. Gambit pushed me over 150.

As the score shows it was a very close game. It was great playing Jason, very fun and competitive game.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 5:54:11 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024: Round 2
urbanshmi (3 pts) defeats thereisnotry (1 pts) : (180-80)
DarthMaim (3 pts) defeats Mando (0 pt) : (158-22)
Spryguy1981 (3 pts) defeats Darth O (1 pts) : (174-77)
gandalf (3 pts) defeats Hi-Fives (1 pt) : (155-0)
N3rdSl4y3r (3pts) defeats urbanjedi (1 pt) : (157-143)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024
Leaderboard after round 2 completion.
1: 6 Points: gandalf - WW
2: 6 Points: Spryguy1981 - WW
3: 6 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WW
4: 4 Points: DarthMaim - LW
5: 4 Points: Thereisnotry - WL
6: 4 Points: Dath O - WL
7. 3 Points : urbanshmi - LW
8: 2 Points: urbanjedi - LL
9. 1 Points: High-Fives - LL
10. 0 Points: Mando - LL

Nice group of games played this round! some very big moves in the standings and 3 people are undefeated thus far. On to the next round! ThumpUp
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 6:02:53 AM

Mando wrote:
Spryguy1981 (3 pts) defeats Darth O (0 pts) : (174-77)

6. 3 Points : urbanshmi - LW
7: 3 Points: Dath O - WL

Nice group of games played this round! some very big moves in the standings and 3 people are undefeated thus far. On to the next round! ThumpUp

Darth O got a 1pt loss. You have him as 0.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 6:55:26 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Mando wrote:
Spryguy1981 (3 pts) defeats Darth O (0 pts) : (174-77)

6. 3 Points : urbanshmi - LW
7: 3 Points: Dath O - WL

Darth O got a 1pt loss. You have him as 0.

Blink Blushing ThumpUp
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 7:51:14 AM

200 pt squad sent
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 9:07:44 AM

Squad sent