RegisterDonateLogin

Is what Obi-Wan offered Dr. Evazan.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Tabletop Simulator Options
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 6:59:45 AM
Groups: Member

There is a mod (a few actually,) for Tabletop Simulator on Steam. I tried it out last night with the old SWM crew back home, using Discord to chat. It worked really well. 99.9% of the pieces are in the mod as well as 112 maps. It seems to be really fleshed out. We were using Bloomilk to keep track of our list. I am just curious if anyone else has used the Star Wars Miniatures mod for Tabletop Simulator and what your thoughts have been so far?
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2024 4:30:56 AM

I've used TTS for other games in the past, but I've always found it to be a bit fiddly (because at its core it's first of all a physics engine). It certainly looks better than Vassal ever will. But I've always preferred Vassal for ease of play and user interface.

Which TTS mods were you using for SWM? I'd be interested to give it a shot, just to see how it works.
Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2024 6:24:44 AM

I quite like the Star Wars Minis mod for TTS. Being able to use all these maps I’ve never seen before was awesome. I also figured out how to import VSET cards into TTS so you can have the cards on your game board. It requires some work, you’ve gotta chop up PDFs in a photo editor and such, but it’s totally worth it.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2024 5:43:22 AM

Cassus fett wrote:
I quite like the Star Wars Minis mod for TTS. Being able to use all these maps I’ve never seen before was awesome. I also figured out how to import VSET cards into TTS so you can have the cards on your game board. It requires some work, you’ve gotta chop up PDFs in a photo editor and such, but it’s totally worth it.

I'd love to learn how to do this, any recommendations for me?
Cassus fett
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2024 7:44:03 AM

Yes. I'm at work rn. But there's a tutorial video I watched for how to import custom Decks into TTS. That's the best way I've found because then your whole squad/however many you need, all come in together as a nice object. Reduces the amount of time you spend dragging stuff out of menus. For creating the individual cards, I download the VSet PDFs from SWMgamers then import them into GIMP (free, janky photoshop), there's some settings I've found that make the cards look better too. Make sure to import the pdfs at a higher DPI, something like 300 or 400. It makes the load into gimp (in my case) a little longer, but it makes the end product in TTS far more readable, so I find it worthwhile.

This video should work for a tutorial. Once you do it a few times, you'll get the hang of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXjaUsI8JCo