RegisterDonateLogin

5.5% Force By Vol

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Fall 2023) Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 3) Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 3:33:22 AM
Groups: Member

Welcome everyone to round 3 of the Fall of 2023 tournament of Galactic Escalation! As soon as I get everyone's squads and maps, I'll update this post with the start and end date for round 3 game #1. Game length is 75 minutes and gambit is worth 10pts. Now here are the people and squads that will be competing in round 3:

thereisnotry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/249498/a-hord-of-sith-200

--A Hord of Sith 200--
50 Darth Cognus
42 Tulak Hord, Lord of Hate
40 Imperial Agent
18 Dark Force Nexus
17 Vongerella, Dark Jedi
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
10 Sith Guard x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 11 activations)

Map: Rancor Pen

spryguy1981:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/249844/cinful-pleasures

--Cinful Pleasures--
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
30 Serra Keto
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
16 Qui-Gon Jinn, Force Spirit
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
8 Wicket
5 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 Mouse Droid
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 12 activations)

Map: Rhen Var

Darth O:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/249707/ezbrah-200
--Ezbrah 200--
43 Ahsoka Tano, Champion of the Rebellion
33 Ezra Bridger, Hero of Lothal
35 Commander Gregor, Veteran
31 Alexsandr Kallus
25 Zeb Orrelios
26 Captain Rex, Veteran
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 8 activations)
Map: Mercenary Base

Mando:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/249493/galactic-escalation-round-3--nightsister-opression-

--Galactic Escalation Round 3 (Nightsister Opression)--
45 Darth Maul, Death Watch Overlord
40 Savage Opress
33 Asajj Ventress, Nightsister
31 Mother Talzin
24 Old Daka
19 Talia, Nightsister Hunter
8 Nightsister Zombie x2

(200pts. 8 activations)

Map: Great Library

Overly28:

--Inquisitorious Victorious (GE Fall 2023)--
45 Second Sister (Trilla Suduri)
35 Darth Vader, The Emperor's Fist
35 Third Sister (Reva)
32 Ninth Sister (Masana Tide)
27 Wilhuff Tarkin
15 Sith Holocron
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

Map: Mercenary Base
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/249648/inquisitorious-victorious--ge-fall-2023-

DarthMaim:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/249659/steiffel-tower-200

StEiffel Tower 200--
46 Ven Zallow, Jedi Master
37 Satele Shan
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
27 General Vaklu, Defender of Onderon
18 Arca Jeth, Jedi Spirit
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
8 Wicket
3 Mouse Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
6 XT-6 Droid x2
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 14 activations)

Map = Rhen Var

N3rdSl4y3r:
--GE - 200 - Master Windu! You Have Fought Gallantly--
85 Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker
65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
22 Caleb Dume, Jedi Padawan
11 Jedi Holocron
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
5 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 7 activations)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/249895/ge---200---master-windu--you-have-fought-gallantly

Map: Anchorhead (088)
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 3:43:02 AM

Round 3 game #1 matchups:

N3rdSl4y3r vs Darth O

thereisnotry vs Overley28

Mando vs Bye

DarthMaim vs spryguy1981

----- Generated using Oxford Croquet Round Robin Generator -----

You will have 1 week to play your matchup starting October 19th (Thursday). Please get you games in by midnight on Thursday October 26th. If some people need to get a little more time to get their game in we can accommodate that. Make sure to make your squad links public prior to your game. Have fun and may the force be with you!
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 3:47:15 AM

I've submitted my squad to another player I've gone against already in the tournament. Everyone can send me their squads, map choice and squad link. Looking forward to our next round of matchups!ThumpUp
Mando
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 2:39:08 AM

In a resounding victory, Mando defeated Darth Bye Week and crushed him under the might of Darth Maul and Savage Opresses power. Flapper
Overley28
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 12:02:39 PM

TINT and I playing at 6pm central tonight
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2023 4:20:01 PM

thereisnotry defeats Overley28 227-50 (3-0)

He won the map roll so we played on the Merc Base, and I set up on the right side. Vader gave Force Attuned to his friends.

Round 1: Positioning. The round ended with both Reva and Tulak in gambit, on opposite sides of the room from each other. Exar turned on Dark Aura, and Cognus activated Force Suppression. Sith Holocron attached to 9th Sister.

Round 2: Overley won init, so he chose to go first, using Intuition with Reva to base Tulak. I then used Intuition with Cognus to base Reva, and then spent 2fp to Surprise Attack, for a hit and a crit (Reva at 50). Reva activated, failed her Presence save, and failed to get past Cognus' defenses, then used Force Attuned to Push Cognus for 20dmg. Cognus charged back in for revenge, killing Reva. My Uggie blasted the door. Overley used his R7 to open the door to the gambit room, then the 9th Sister used Charging Assault to attack Cognus but missed; however, she then used Force Attuned for a nice Repulse 3 (using the Holocron's fp) to hit both Cognus (70hp) and Tulak (110hp). Cognus was getting a bit too squishy for my liking, so the Nexus used Easy Path to allow Cognus to step outside of the room where she could still affect the battle but wasn't such an easy target. My Agent then attacked the 9th with a hit and a crit (my second one this round), to kill her. 2nd Sister used Dash to charge in for two attacks on Tulak, but both missed. Tulak responded with 2 raging attacks of his own, bringing her to 60hp. The Holocron then dispelled Exar, despite 2 fprrs, and the Holocron itself disappeared too, since it ran out of fp. Vongerella used Lightning to deal 20dmg to the 2nd. Vader charged up to hit Tulak, who responded with a Teleport, and then Vader used a Force Attuned Grip; the end result was Tulak at 80 and Vader at 110. A Sith Guard hit 2nd for another 20dmg (down to 20hp).

Round 3: Overley won init again, and was about to put a big Jedi Hunter smack on Tulak, but I first used Intuition with Cognus and then Surprise Attack to kill her before she could do it. Vader missed Cognus, and a whole lot of shots went at Vader, but nothing got through his Shien defenses. Tarkin came up to base Tulak, and the R7 came in too. Tulak attacked Tarkin with Rage and missed his first attack and had to fprr, to Tarkin lived with 10hp. Vongerella did 20dmg to Vader via Lightning again (90hp).

Round 4: I won this init, so Tulak activated, starting with Sith Hatred to get rid of Tarkin (and Doctrine of Fear!), and also do some dmg to Vader. I then attacked Vader with Rage, but missed like a boss. However, I sacc'ed my XT-6 to allow the Agent a free activation. No cover and Cunning Attack and a failed Shien save meant that Vader was at 30hp. He failed his Presence save (20hp) and put some dmg onto Cognus. Then Vongerella stepped in with Lightning to finish off Vader, so Cognus could walk over and disassemble the R7 droid.

Two big crits in the start of the game caused a lot of trouble for the Inquisitors. I was also able to kill off the Inquisitors 1-by-1 as they charged forward at me, so I didn't have to deal with too much sustained pressure all at one time. Thanks for playing, Overley! Always a good time.
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2023 5:36:05 AM

DarthMaim defeats Spryguy1981 224 to 33 on Rhen Var. ( 3-0 )

Spry wins map roll, choosing to set-up on the right side, as both of us have Rhen Var as our map choice.

Rnd 1: Positioning and the rat race to gambit ensues. Neither gets gambit.

Rnd 2: More positioning with Spry getting a few of his guys into gambit and me getting 1 of mine into gambit.

Rnd 3: Spry wins init. Satele intuitions out of the gambit room. Spry opens the door and has Aayla Secura Force Pull Satele back in the room and attacks her 2 times, and she parries both attacks, which is the beginning of my insane save rolls, which unbelievably start happening most of the game for me. Satele strikes back doing 60 on the blue girl. Spry in a classic move, has Doombot tow Q Vos to base Satele, locking the door to give Vos Ataru Style Mastery. 4 times hitting Satele, 4 times she saves, two of them 20's (what the???). 120 dmg avoided....no problem! Uggie blows the door, allowing Zallow to come in to play and take Aayla out. Cin comes in with Brutal and does 40 dmg to Ven, which Satele bodyguards. Serra comes in to try and hit Ven, which he LD saves, to avoid dmg. Both get gambit.

Rnd 4: Spry wins init again, and Cin takes 30 to move past Ven to get attacks on Satele, missing 1 and hitting on the other, bringing her down to 40 hp ( Brutal Strike is the saving grace, keeping my insane save rolls out of the loop ). Ven and Satele then double team Cin to take him out. Ven takes 30 from Serra, then Satele takes the other 30 dmg. Vaklu attacks Serra 2 times, hitting for 60 dmg and she's down to 10 hp. Teethree comes in, targets Serra, and connects, and as the Vassal dice have been doing to Spry all game, he misses his Soresu save and Force pt re-roll to end Serra's day. Both get gambit.

Rnd 5: I finally win init. Ven goes in to do 60 dmg on Vos. I sack an X-T to be able to activate Satele, who at only 10 hp decides to risk the biscuit, moves past Mas, who misses his attack, and then she goes in for the kill on Quinlan. Spry's Wicket throws a spear at Satele who promptly absorbs it and gains 10 hp. His Spaarti misses his shot. Then my MVP, Teethree, gets 2 more kills, bbq'ing a mouse droid and Wicket, who was adjacent, bringing his kill total to 3. Maim gets gambit, bringing my total to 224.

So the Vassal dice Gods have spoken, and man were they ever cruel to Spry in this match. He calculated that I made 87% of my save rolls this game, even rolling 4 20's on saves! This was the best rolling I have ever had in any SWM game since I started playing in 2004. After the game, we joked that I should head to the crap tables in Vegas. I felt really bad on how ridiculous the rolling was in my favor, and Spry was suspicious of my Vassal hacking talent to effect the dice rolls LOL. Thanks for the game, and on any other day, the outcome would be much different, especially because of the Vassal dice.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2023 6:50:02 PM

N3rdSl4y3r defeats Darth O (236-57) on Mercenary Base

I lose map roll and set up on the right side

Round 1: Obi/Ani run into gambit, and R2 tows Mace into gambit. Rebels assemble just outside the door, with Rex in gambit.

Round 2: Darth O wins init and Rex bases Obi/Ani and does 40 damage. Obi/Ani retaliate and trigger Presumed Dead on Rex, and then move to Force Push Ahsoka away from the door. Uggie blows the door and Zeb runs in to base Obi/Ani and both attacks and SSM saves are made. Kallus and Mace both get involved, and Mace takes out Zeb and bring Kallus to 10 with some flurry attacks. Ahsoka runs in to LSA, but Mace absorbs it. Ezra dominates Ahsoka to attack anyway, and she hits Caleb for 40.

Round 3: I win init. Obi/Ani go to take out Ahsoka, but even after FPRR she is left with 20 health. Ahsoka finished Caleb, and her attacks don't make it through on Obi/Ani. Kallus attacks Mace and activates him with Bo-Rifle. R2 tows Mace next to Ahsoka.

Round 4: Darth O wins init. Ahsoka kills the clone and attacks Obi/Ani with no damage getting through. Obi/Ani finish off Kallus and Ahsoka, while also triggering Presumed Dead on Gregor. Mace takes out Rex.

Round 5: Darth O wins init, and Ezra fails trying to dominate Mace. Ani/Obi leap out of the main room to finish Ezra and force push Gregor to finish the game.

it was definitely an action packed game. It was fun to see the tricks on both side work out. Thanks for the game.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2023 2:49:51 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Fall 2023: Round 3 game #1

N3rdSl4y3r (3pt) defeats Darth O (0pt) : (236-57)

thereisnotry (3pt) defeats Overley28 (0pt) : (227-50)

Mando (3pt) vs Bye : (200-0)

DarthMaim (3pt) defeats spryguy1981 (0pt) : (224 to 33)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Fall 2023
Leaderboard after round 3, game #1 completion.
1: 10 Points: DarthMaim - WWLW
2: 10 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWW
3: 9 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWWL
4: 9 Points: Overly28 - WWWL
5: 7 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - LWLW
6: 4 Points: Darth O - LLWL
7: 3 Points: Mando - LLLW

Mando
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2023 2:53:25 AM

Round 3 game #2 matchups:

N3rdSl4y3r vs Overley28

Darth O vs Mando

thereisnotry vs spryguy1981

DarthMaim vs Bye

----- Generated using Oxford Croquet Round Robin Generator -----

You will have 1 week to play your matchup starting October 26th (Thursday). Please get you games in by midnight on Thursday November 2nd. If some people need to get a little more time to get their game in we can accommodate that. Have fun and may the force be with you!
Mando
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2023 5:15:52 AM

Darth O and I will be playing tonight at 8pm central
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2023 7:16:44 AM

Spryguy1981 (3) defeats thereisnotry (1) 213-182 on Rancor Pit

My brain has been on autopilot with a lot of stuff going on in real life so I can't give a great play report but it was a great game rolls were skewed a little more in my favor maybe 60/40.

Quinlan took Exar's CE and I gave Aayla Soresu, Serra took Soresu and Quiggy Ghost

R1 He elects me to go first so I use Exar's FP to cloak. He moves around sets some stuff up, I make a SS save with Aayla who takes 40 from the Agent.

R2 Wicket and a Recruit die and maybe an uggie. I think I dispel Exar here too.

R3 we trade some stuff Aayla and Tulak die (may have been round 4 for both)

R4 Serra and Ghost die and possibly the Nexus (may have been round 5)

R5-8 was a bunch of trading saves and low attacks before finally getting Cognus at the end to go over 200. Had his agent hit my Cin Drallig on the last attack he would win due to higher points.

Overall was a pretty fun game or at least as much fun as one can have playing against Tulak. I was able to brutal strike through a lot of his defense after he split Cognus and Tulak. Between Drallig and Aayla he took 120 damage and Quinlan was able to fry him to death with lightning.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2023 2:00:20 PM

Mando (3pts) defeats Darth O (0pts) : 229-69

I'm a little foggy on the details as my laptop died mid game last night, but Darth O and I finished our game today.

Round 1: positioning

Round 2: Maul gets damaged by Rex and is down to 70hp. Assaj deals 80dmg to Kallus and grips him with Talzin's CE. Gregor and Ashoka dishes out damage to Assaj getting her to 30hp.

Round 3: Ezra dominates Ahsoka to get her to twin attack Assaj and gets her to 10hp. Maul does 80dmg to Zeb and Talzin does chain lightning to take out Zeb, Ahsoka takes 20 dmg, a uggie is taken out and Rex is presumed dead. Savage charges in and does 80dmg to Ahsoka bringing her to 20hp. Talia tries to finish Ahsoka off but she makes her lightsaber defense save. Talia then invisibility potions herself and Momma T away to get Momma T away from Savage's Repulse next round.

Round 4: Ahoska takes out Assaj and gets away from the Repulse range. Savage repulses and does 50dmg to Talia who reappeared a little too close and she also gets activated. Gregor is presumed dead and attacks my Zombie with his SA that triggers and Ezra takes 50dmg but makes his activation save. Rex gets into the action again running 12 squares to get adjacent to a 70hp Maul and Ezra dominates him but he makes the save. Talzin uses CE to give Maul the ability to LSA and he kills Rex for good. Maul uses Daka's CE to charge towards a 0 fp Ahsoka and kills her. A zombie tries to take out Ezra but fails.

Round 5: Talzin takes out Ezra with spending a fp to move faster and then chain lightning 2. Savage finishes off full hp Gregor.

Fun game and very much closer that the score shows. Talia was at 10hp, Maul was at 30hp, and i had lost Assaj. Had Assaj not made as many parries or had Ahsoka not failed on her attacks as much, the game would have been very different. Darth O is a great competitor and has a nice squad! Good game
Overley28
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2023 6:12:56 PM

Overley28 (3) defeats N3rdsl4y3r (0) 200-47 on Mercenary Base.

I won map roll and N3rdsl4y3r took right side. I stole force attuned.
R1: Lots of positioning and each of our extra movements allowed both of us to get into gambit. holocron attached to Ninth sister
R2: I won initiative and moved reva to attack ani/obi and used force attuned to get 20 damage through. She then used acrobatic to get away. Mace was towed by R2 and got all the way to Tarkin but Mace need a critical to kill (17-20) with vaapad and could not get it leaving Tarkin at 10. Vader went onto ani/obi and did some damage but also burned through some with rerolls on SSM. Ninth sister moved and used charging assault but it was stopped by SSM. Then used force attuned to repulse and do 30 onto ani/obi and dume who both saved their activation saves. Ani/obi went onto vader and did some damage and used SSM to stop the djem so from Vader. Dume moved to get into better positioning for next round. Tarkin attacks mace and actually does 10 damage. Trilla moves adjacent to Mace with Tarkin's movement CE. Trilla doubles onto Mace who ripostes and crits on Trilla who fails the parry save. Mace used flurry onto Tarkin and kills him.
R3: N3rdsl4y3r wins intiative and goes after Trilla who has 60 left with Mace. Trilla uses parry to stay alive at 40 health. Ninth sister uses an attack which is a miss then uses attuned for force repulse to lower ani/obi health. Reva comes in with ambush and gets 1 of 2 attacks through then uses force push to leave ani/obi at 10. Ani/obi goes onto Reva and hits 3 of 4 attacks to leave her at 30 health. Vader uses grip to kill ani/obi then moves and uses GMA double to kill the uggie and spaarti. Dume attacks Trilla who parry's one and lives at 20 health. Trilla kills Dume.
R4: N3rdsl4y3r won initiative. Mace tries to kill Trilla but misses an attack and the others get saved with parry. Vader killed off R2 and then Trilla finished off Mace to end the game.

Overall good game. The game was closer than the score. Trilla with 20, Reva with 30 and Vader with 60 hit points left, so if one of them fell it may have been a lot closer. Trilla made a lot of parry saves to stay alive this game as well I think defending off 2 crits from Mace.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2023 3:11:04 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Fall 2023: Round 3 game #2 results

Overley28 (3pts) defeats N3rdsl4y3r (0pts) : (200-47)

Mando (3pts) defeats Darth O (0pts) : (229-69)

Spryguy1981 (3pts) defeats thereisnotry (1pt) : (213-182)

DarthMaim (3pts) vs Bye

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Fall 2023
Leaderboard after round 3, game #2 completion.
1: 13 Points: DarthMaim - WWLWW
2: 12 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWWLW
3: 12 Points: Overly28 - WWWLW
4: 11 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWWL
5: 7 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - LWLWL
5: 6 Points: Mando - LLLWW
6: 4 Points: Darth O - LLWLL