RegisterDonateLogin

Is your father.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament information/sign up thread (Spring of 2024) Options
Mando
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2024 5:17:45 AM
Groups: Member

Welcome to Galactic Escalation Spring 2024! V-set 26 mini set (Primary Strikeforce Operations) will be legal for play and we will be playing on the restricted map list. Going to try something new this time around to encourage more people to join and for the tournament to go a little quicker. Open to suggestions as always for ways to improve this format!

Hope you all can join!

Rules: Each participant makes a initial 100pt team following normal squad building rules. For returning players from our previous GE tournament (Fall 2023), you must build a 100pt squad from a different faction than in the those other tournaments. Rounds 1-4 will consist of matchups between all participants in round robin OR swiss tournament depending on amount of players who sign up. The 100pt team used will be built upon in subsequent rounds.

Important note: If you use a Reinforcements piece, you must submit your up to 10 separate lists of preferred reinforcements prior to the start of a rounds matchups.

Important note: If you use a piece with Rapport, you don't get to benefit from it in reverse. It only applies to mini's added in the current round and in the future rounds. If you don't have someone with Rapport in round 1, but add one in latter in round 2, Rapport doesn't apply to any mini's from the previous round's build. For example: Round 1 you have a 100pt squad of 25pt ERC's Sev, Fixer, and Scorch with 25pt Republic commando Atin. If you add in 26pt ERC Boss in and 24pt (because he does get rapport from Atin) Republic commando Fi for round 2, you don't get Rapport -2 for ERC's Sev, Fixer, or Scorch because ERC Boss wasn't present when they were a squad build. Likewise, Atin doesn't benefit from Rapport -1 since RC Fi wasn't in the squad at the time he was included. Any further ERC's and Omega Squad RC's would benefit from Rapport -2 or -1 in future rounds 3 and 4. So in conclusion, if you want to benefit from Rapport, add in the character with rapport as early as you can to fully benefit from it when escalating from round 1-4.

Maps: Restricted list for 2024:

Commander's Office aka Ravaged Base(#16)
Remote Listening Post (#79)
Frigid Outpost (#165)
Great Library (#103)
Starport District (#102)
Pirate's Moon SW (#126)

Banned list: Nightsister Hunter and Tulak Horde (pending potential changes from Balance Commitee)

Important Rule exception for subsequent round squad building: If you wish to bank points, you may carry over up to 10pt into the next rounds build total. This is the only exception to adding 50pts in round 2 & 3, giving you up to 60pts instead if either Round 1 build total is 90-99pt and Round 2 build total is 140-149pts.

Time per game in rounds 1-3 is 75 minutes. Round 4 is 90 minutes. You will have 1 week after posting matchups to get your game in against your opponent.

Start date: March 6th (Wednesday). Please sign up/submit squads by midnight on March 5th (Tuesday).

Participants:

Mando
thereisnotry
spryguy1981
Darth O
UrbanShmi
Urbanjedi
DarthMaim
N3rdSl4y3r
gandalf
Hi-Fives

If anyone else is interested in joining, please post below! This is a tournament that will take place over about a 1 month period. The new format I'm trying out this year is creating divisions of groups of 5 players each. The tournament will take place over 4 rounds. Each player will usually have 1 week to get their game in against their opponent. Rounds 1-3 will consist of 1 game each, and round 4 will be 2 games. Round Robin format will be used for pairings. The winner of each division after all 4 rounds are completed, will progress to the playoffs (directly to the final matchup if we don't have more than 4 divisions). The rounds will happen in this order:

Round 1: 100pts
Round 2: 150pts (use exact team from round 1 + 50pts of new miniatures. You may choose to upgrade 1 unique character from the previous round to one that has a higher cost and counts as the same character, following faction rules, to be a part of the 50 additional points)
Round 3: 200pts (use exact same team from round 2 + 50pts of new miniatures. You may choose to upgrade 1 unique character from the previous round to one that has a higher cost and counts as the same character, following faction rules, to be a part of the 50 additional points)
Round 4: Challenger approaching! 200pts + 150pts (this 150pts is for 2 to 3 regular non-epic minis totaling up to 150pts). You use exact same team from round 3 + whatever 2-3 miniatures you use for the 150 additional points. You may choose to upgrade 1 unique character from the previous round to one that has a higher cost and counts as the same character, following faction rules, to be a part of the 150 additional points. The combination of 2-3 regular non-epic additional mini's must be from your squads faction or be allowed into your faction/squad via CE/SA (Fringe 100pt Revan and regular Fringe characters can be used in any faction).

The goal is to encourage more participation with the lower time frame needed to complete the tournament. With just 1 game being played in rounds 1-3 and 2 games in round 4, we should be able to determine an overall winner in half the time compared to previous seasons. If you have never tried this format before, this is a good time to try it out! For people who had joined before and felt it was too much of a time commitment (previously took about 3 months to complete), I hope this new format of scheduling will be something you'd like to try again.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2024 8:07:35 AM

I'm in
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2024 10:36:54 AM

FYI, everyone will need to download the new version of the SWM Vassal mod, which is 26a. This will also require updating your Vassal Engine itself.

Details can be found in my most recent post in the "SWM Vassal Mod UPDATE: version 2.0" thread. Read it, you should. Help you, it can.

Have the new version of the SWM Vassal mod to play in this event, you must.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 8:37:26 AM

In
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 3:37:53 PM

Woohoo I'm playing
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2024 11:05:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I have some reservations about my ability to get games in (before about 7:30 central time will be tough for me most days); however, I've been out of the community for too long and I want to get back in.

Count me in.

Mando
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2024 12:38:27 PM

We have enough for 1 division of 5 players! I am hoping we can get at least another 5 people and have 2 divisions total for the tournament with a winner from each going to the finale. if we get 10 more people we could have 3 divisions and maybe do a situation where winners of each division would go against the other 2 winners and whoever wins 2 out of 3 goes on to the final matchup? 4 divisions would be great tho....but need 20 people total for that. but maybe we have that many players that could play?BigGrin
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2024 10:07:02 AM

I'll also be in for this one.
Mando
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2024 1:59:21 PM

As a note, don't be afraid of signing up because it might be uneven. We can do Swiss style matchups instead of round robin if we have larger groups in the divisions.
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2024 3:55:34 PM

You have my lightsaber and blaster! I enjoy using both, so that my enemy can't use lightsaber block or parry, when I attack Flapper
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2024 4:08:18 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
FYI, everyone will need to download the new version of the SWM Vassal mod, which is 26a. This will also require updating your Vassal Engine itself.

Details can be found in my most recent post in the "SWM Vassal Mod UPDATE: version 2.0" thread. Read it, you should. Help you, it can.

I'm having difficulty accessing the new version. I downloaded the Vassal update, however I am having trouble finding the 26a mod update. I may seek guidance from the Jedi council soon, if I am unable to resist the temptation of going down the path to the dark side of the Force...................Confused Huh Scared
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2024 6:21:54 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

I'm having difficulty accessing the new version. I downloaded the Vassal update, however I am having trouble finding the 26a mod update. I may seek guidance from the Jedi council soon, if I am unable to resist the temptation of going down the path to the dark side of the Force...................Confused Huh Scared

Try using this link to download the SWM module (version 26a):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlCd5BRrzxGCiLUsYWcqn8YjlB9AvQ?e=rOQl9V
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2024 6:26:03 AM

I'll play
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2024 6:39:41 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:

Try using this link to download the SWM module (version 26a):
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlCd5BRrzxGCiLUsYWcqn8YjlB9AvQ?e=rOQl9V

I'm good to go! Thanks Tint! ThumpUp
Mando
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2024 4:35:55 AM

1 week left for sign ups. So far we have 8 people, so it is looking like we will be doing swiss tournament right now, but if we can get 2 more people to join, we can do 2 divisions of 5 players and do round robin for 4 rounds total. Again this tournament is planned to last just 4 games over 4 weeks before determining who goes to playoffs, so the time commitment isn't nearly as long as it was before when we did 9 games total over 9-10ish weeks.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2024 11:12:08 AM

Is the following for gambit each round correct?

100 pts = 5 pt mini

150 pts = 8 pt mini

200 pts = 10 pt mini

350 pts = 18 pt mini

Also, is the activation max 16 in rounds 1-3, and 19 in round 4?
Mando
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2024 1:24:11 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
Is the following for gambit each round correct?

100 pts = 5 pt mini

150 pts = 8 pt mini

200 pts = 10 pt mini

350 pts = 18 pt mini

Also, is the activation max 16 in rounds 1-3, and 19 in round 4?

that is correct

I should clarify that you are allowed also to upgrade one character from round 3 to round 4. The difference in cost needs to be deducted from the 150pts that you have for your 3 additional characters.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2024 12:59:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'll play
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2024 7:24:38 PM

Bump
Hi-Fives
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2024 10:18:35 AM

I'll play