RegisterDonateLogin

Is a Sith legend.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 1) (Spring 2024) Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 7:55:05 AM
Groups: Member

Welcome everyone to round 1 of the Spring of 2024 tournament of Galactic Escalation!

The divisions are as follows:

Core Worlds Division:

thereisnotry
Mando
urbanshmi
DarthMaim
spryguy1981

Outer Rim Division:

urbanjedi
gandalf
N3rd
Hi-Fives
Darth O

Game length is 75 minutes and gambit is worth 5pts per 100pt matchup rules. There will be 1 week starting today (3/6/24) to get your matchups in. Please complete your games by midnight on March 13th, 2024. If anyone needs extra time, we can extend the time needed, just let us know. Now here are the people and squads that will be competing in round 1:

thereisnotry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/251926/heroes-of-endor-100

--Heroes of Endor 100--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)

(100pts. 3 activations)

Map: Remote Listening Post

spryguy1981:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254223/professor-lukes-music-class

--Professor Luke's Music Class--
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
33 Mara Jade, Galactic Hero
10 R2-D2, Galactic Hero
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(94pts. 4 activations)

Map: Great Library

Darth O:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/251930/falleen-up-100

--Falleen Up 100--
46 Black Sun Gladiator Droid
25 Alexi Garyn, Head of the Black Sun
9 Battle Droid Officer
6 Falleen Spy
10 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x2
4 Human Blaster-for-Hire

(100pts. 7 activations)

Mando:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/251771/galactic-escalation-round-1--isb-operations-

--Galactic Escalation Round 1 (ISB Operations)--
33 Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith
21 Dedra Meero, ISB Supervisor
16 Security Officer Stormtrooper
27 Shadow Scout x3

(97pts. 6 activations)

urbanjedi:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252008/killik-em-all

--killik em all--
38 Raynar Thul (Unuthul)
27 Killik Queen
16 Killik Joiner
8 Killik Worker
5 Killik Drone
5 Porg

Map will be the starport district

Hi-Fives:

--Fives-ramp up 100--
34 Null ARC Trooper Captain Ordo
27 ARC Trooper Captain Fordo
36 ARC Trooper x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(100pts. 5 activations)

Map: Ravaged Base

DarthMaim:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252081/in-the-talons-of-the-beast-100

--In the Talons of the Beast 100--
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Morrigan Corde
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(99pts. 6 activations)

Map of choice: Great Library

urbanshmi:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254156/the-good-aol-boys-club

--The Good AoL Boys' Club--
60 Raskta Lsu
16 Johun Othone
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
10 Army of Light Trooper x2
3 XT-6 Droid

(100pts. 6 activations)

Map: Frigid Outpost

N3rdSl4y3r:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252054/din-not-see-that-coming

--Din Not See That Coming--
67 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin) and the Child
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker

(99pts. 2 activations)

gandalfthegreatestwizard:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252127/the-last-and-lingering-troubadour

--The last and lingering troubadour--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
37 Han Solo, Honorable Scoundrel
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando

(100pts. 3 activations)

Mando
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 7:55:37 AM

Round 1 pairings are:

Core Worlds matchups:

thereisnotry vs Mando

spryguy1981 vs DarthMaim

Outer Rim matchups:

Dath O vs Hi-Fives

urbanjedi vs gandalf

Outer Rim vs Core Worlds match:

urbanshmi vs N3rd

UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 8:55:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Don't forget to set squads to public.

Looking forward to a great tourney!
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2024 11:13:07 AM

thereisnotry defeats Mando, 107-45 (3-0)

I won the map roll so we played on my map (Remote Listening Post), and Mando chose to set up on the left side.

Round 1: I won init and advanced R2 to open some doors. Lumiya advanced, and Dedra used her CE to move her troopers forward with her. Luke ran forward to just outside of gambit. The Security Officer Stormtrooper then moved up to draw a nasty LOS on Artoo, putting 40dmg on him after a failed evade, and then locked the door behind Luke for good measure. Han and Obiwan moved forward to prepare for the next round.

Round 2: I won init and moved R2 to a safer position, keeping doors open for my people. Dedra pushed the Officer forward, so that he could shoot Han...but Han evaded the hit. He locked the door behind Luke again. Han killed the Officer and Obiwan crawled forward. Two Shadow Scouts attacked Han, but shot with about as much accuracy as those Scout Troopers at the end of Mandalorian Season 1 who were shooting at the pop can laying on the ground. Luke advanced into gambit, within range of Dedra and all of her Shadow Scouts. The final Shadow Scout attacked Luke, but he evaded the shot. Lumiya advanced to be within range of Han and Luke.

Round 3: Mando won init and so Lumiya used Reckless Assault on Han to hit and crit him for 60dmg total. Luke responded by running up to kill 2 Shadow Scouts. Han then put a cool 60dmg into Lumiya. Dedra shot Luke but he LS Defensed it away. The final Shadow Scout hit Luke twice (failed LS Defense), dropping Luke to 50hp. Obiwan and Artoo move around.

Round 4: I won init and Luke killed the final Shadow Scout and dropped Dedra to 30hp. Lumiya killed Han. Dedra put 20dmg on Luke, bringing him to 30.

Round 5: I won init so Luke killed Dedra and moved into gambit. Lumiya moved up and Ghostbustered the Obi-Ghost.

Round 6: Mando won init and used Reckless Assault on Luke, just needing to roll two 9s for the win (Lightwhip made the damage unpreventable)...and he rolled 8 and 15, bringing Luke to 10hp! Luke then finished her off and that was the game.

This was crazy...super close in the end, with a single attack (missing by ONE) being the difference between victory and defeat. As always, it was fun to play with Mando. Thanks for the game!
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2024 11:39:58 AM

Spryguy1981 (3) def DarthMain (1) 106-51 on Great Library.

Round 1 I cloaked Luke and Mara and kept my scrubs hidden. Maim went into gambit

Round 2 I moved Luke and Mara forwards

Round 3 I based Morrigan with Mara but he took the AoO and ran away. He was then able to put 80 on Mara with a crit. Luke and Mara teamed up to finish off Morrigan. Mira took out Mara.

Round 4 He put 60 on Luke but ran away with Mira to give me the Ataru on Talon. Luke took out Talon.

Round 5 I win init and Luke finishes Mira.

It was a good game. Mel couldn't use a FP to move extra because Mira was trapped in the bubble and it gave me a chance to hang in there. Getting off the Ataru on Talon was huge too. It was a good game and I was able to pull off the miracle.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2024 5:49:19 PM

N3rdSl4y3r (3) defeats UrbanShmi (0) 102-42 on Frigid Outpost.

Round 1 We move up towards center

Round 2 Talon lets Din into gambit. T3 locks bottom door of gambit

Round 3 Talon and Din move to the bottom door of gambit and wait. Trooper blows the door and T3 flames them. Raskta Lsu gives up the AOO to take out Talon, but is left with 10hp after a crit. Johun wacks Din with a return crit, and The Child counter pushes Raskta Lsu to death.

Round 4 Johun wacks Din again. Din uses whistling birds to take out T3.

Round 5 XT tries to protect Johun, but Din cable grabs and finishes him off.

Was a good action game. Din hitting the crit was the turning point, Johun couldn't get through Din's hp by himself. Always fun to play with UrbanShmi
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2024 8:47:13 PM

gandalf over urbanjedi 117-71 (3-1) on Starport District Terminal

Jason won map and picked his. I set up on the right, and dropped Luke HOE to the v26 Luke RH, keeping Twin, brought in ghost Obi, and dropped Leia to v25 Hero of Endor version.

Round 1 we both advanced with neither of us getting gambit.

Round 2, Jason made the first move, opening the door to gambit with the Queen. The Joiner charged in but wasn't able to get a hit on Luke. Han shot at the Joiner but it evaded both attacks. Luke became a Killik and leaped over to the Queen, but was thwarted by Pheromones, only getting 20 damage through then switching to the Joiner and dropping 40 damage on it. Raynar charged in to hit Han for 20. Leia rolled a crit against Raynar, who failed LS Defense. We both got gambit.

Round 3, Jason won init. but again the Joiner couldn't hit Luke to save his life, even with the rerolls. Luke dropped 80 damage on Raynar after a failed LS Defense, but Han couldn't finish him off without Opportunist. Raynar killed Leia and the Drone dispelled ghostly Obi. Worker hit Luke for 10. Jason got gambit.

Round 4, I won init. Luke took out Raynar and the Killik Worker. The Queen rolled a crit against Luke, but he made his save of 6 after a reroll to avoid changing squads. Joiner failed to hit Luke in cover. Han based the Queen, made a Pheromones save, and hit her. Jason got gambit.

Round 5, Jason won init. He meant to go after Han with his Joiner to paralyze him, but attacked with the Worker instead by accident. Luke tried to take out the Queen but failed 4 Pheromones saves plus a reroll. However Han was strong enough to resist her feminine wiles and finished her off with a crit. The Joiner hit Han for 10 and Jason got gambit.

Round 6, Jason won init and the Joiner finished off Han. Luke killed the Joiner to finish the game with 80HP left.
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 3:42:57 AM

Darth O bloomailed me the results of his game with Hi-Fives

Darth O won 110-75

However, a rules oversight affected the final outcome of the game and they will be going back to the point where the game was affected and finish it properly since it was such a close game and could have resulted in a 3pt victory for Hi-Fives. I'll hold off on counting the points for either player until the game is resolved, which Darth O said that they will do this week sometime when their schedules line up again. We can continue to round 2 now since all games are essentially completed.
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 4:27:51 AM

I've sent in my squad for round 2 with link and map to another player. Everyone can now send me their round 2 squad, squad link and map choice. Great games in round 1! lots of close battles and many 1pt loss outcomes which is really good to see.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 8:56:52 AM

Mando wrote:
Darth O bloomailed me the results of his game with Hi-Fives

Darth O won 110-75

However, a rules oversight affected the final outcome of the game and they will be going back to the point where the game was affected and finish it properly since it was such a close game and could have resulted in a 3pt victory for Hi-Fives. I'll hold off on counting the points for either player until the game is resolved, which Darth O said that they will do this week sometime when their schedules line up again. We can continue to round 2 now since all games are essentially completed.
Actually, Hi-Fives (that's my son, Jordan) will be gone all week and won't be home until Sunday afternoon (March 17), so they won't be able to replay the remaining portion of the match before that. He told me that the result is fine, and that things can just continue from here. When he gets back I'm sure that he and Oliver can connect if they still want to.
Mando
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 9:24:06 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024: Round 1
thereisnotry (3 pts) defeats Mando (0 pts) : (107-45)
Spryguy1981 (3 pts) defeats DarthMain (1 pt) : (106-51)
N3rdSl4y3r (3 pts) defeats UrbanShmi (0 pts) : (102-42)
gandalf (3 pts) defeats urbanjedi (1 pt) : (117-71)
Darth O (3 pts) defeats Hi-Fives (1 pt) : (110-75)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024
Leaderboard after round 1 completion.
1: 3 Points: gandalf - W
2: 3 Points: Dath O - W
3: 3 Points: Thereisnotry - W
4: 3 Points: Spryguy1981 - W
5: 3 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - W
6. 1 Points: High-Fives - L
7: 1 Points: urbanjedi - L
8: 1 Points: DarthMaim - L
9. 0 Points: Mando - L
10. 0 Points : urbanshmi - L

urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 9:38:24 AM

150 sent
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 9:45:39 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
150 sent

Mine too
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2024 12:02:14 PM

Mando wrote:
I've sent in my squad for round 2 with link and map to another player. Everyone can now send me their round 2 squad, squad link and map choice. Great games in round 1! lots of close battles and many 1pt loss outcomes which is really good to see.

Rnd 2 Squad and map sent ThumpUp
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 5:04:32 AM

Round 2 squad submitted