RegisterDonateLogin

As Himself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 3) (Spring 2024) Options
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 5:58:14 AM
Groups: Member

Welcome everyone to round 3 of the Spring of 2024 tournament of Galactic Escalation!

The divisions are as follows:

Core Worlds Division:

thereisnotry
Mando
urbanshmi
DarthMaim
spryguy1981

Outer Rim Division:

urbanjedi
gandalf
N3rd
Hi-Fives
Darth O

Game length is 75 minutes and gambit is worth 10pts per 200pt matchup rules. I will update this post with the start/end date when everyone's squad/map/squad link is submitted to me. Now here are the people and squads that will be competing in round 3:

thereisnotry:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/251928/heroes-of-endor-200

--Heroes of Endor 200--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
38 Chewie
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
25 Sabine Wren
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
12 See-Threepio (C-3PO)
5 Pirate Breachman

(199pts. 8 activations)

Map: Ravaged Base

spryguy1981:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254409/professor-lukes-poetry-class

--Professor Luke's Poetry Class--
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
45 Han Solo, Corellian Legend
33 Mara Jade, Galactic Hero
23 General Wedge Antilles
18 Bazel Warv, Jedi Knight
18 Lor San Tekka
10 R2-D2, Galactic Hero
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 9 activations)

Darth O:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252061/falleen-up-200

--Falleen Up 200--
46 Black Sun Gladiator Droid
25 Alexi Garyn, Head of the Black Sun
16 Battle Droid Sergeant
32 BX Commando Droid Spotter x2
16 Geonosian Overseer
30 BX Commando Droid Sniper x2
9 Battle Droid Officer
6 Falleen Spy
10 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x2
4 Human Blaster-for-Hire
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 15 activations)

Map: Great Library

Mando:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/251773/galactic-escalation-round-3--isb-operations-

--Galactic Escalation Round 3 (ISB Operations)--
35 Carnor Jax
33 Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith
21 Dedra Meero, ISB Supervisor
20 Bith Black Sun Vigo
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
16 Security Officer Stormtrooper
45 Shadow Scout x5
8 Mas Amedda
4 Prowler 1000 Seeker Droid

(200pts. 13 activations)

urbanjedi:

--killik em all 200--
49 Maris Brood
45 Shaak Ti, Jedi Survivor
38 Raynar Thul (Unuthul)
27 Killik Queen
32 Killik Joiner x2
8 Killik Worker
10 Killik Drone x2
5 Porg

Map is ravaged base

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252010/killik-em-all-200

Hi-Fives:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254240/fives-ramp-up-200

--Fives-ramp up 200--
34 Null ARC Trooper Captain Ordo
33 Captain Rex
27 ARC Trooper Captain Fordo
27 ARC Trooper Fives, Republic Hero
21 Admiral Yularen
36 ARC Trooper x2
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(198pts. 10 activations)

DarthMaim:

--In the Talons of the Beast 200--
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
31 Cara Dune
31 Morrigan Corde
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
27 Raskta Fenni, Echani Duelist
22 Tonnika Sisters
8 Wicket
4 Prowler 1000 Seeker Droid
3 Rodian Brute
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4
2 Kneesaa, Ewok Princess

(200pts. 14 activations)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252086/in-the-talons-of-the-beast-200

Map of choice: Great Library

urbanshmi:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254158/the-good-aol-boys-club-200

--The Good AoL Boys' Club 200--
60 Raskta Lsu
40 Sarro Xaj
33 Vima Sunrider
27 Army of Light Training Sergeant
16 Johun Othone
11 Teethree (T3-M4)
10 Army of Light Trooper x2
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)

N3rdSl4y3r:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/254253/din-not-see-that-coming--200-

--Din Not See That Coming (200)--
67 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin) and the Child
54 Montross
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
28 Mira of Nar Shaddaa
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Killik Drone
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 8 activations)

Map: Frigid Outpost

gandalfthegreatestwizard:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/252125/that-once-went-singing-southward

--That once went singing southward--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
38 Chewie
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
21 Lando Calrissian, Infiltrator
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
18 Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
11 Admiral Raddus
6 C-3PO
5 Pirate Breachman

(200pts. 9 activations)

Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 5:59:59 AM

Round 3 pairings are:

Core Worlds matchups:

thereisnotry vs DarthMaim

urbanshmi vs spryguy1981

Outer Rim matchups:

urbanjedi vs Hi-Fives

N3rd vs Dath O

Outer Rim vs Core Worlds match:

Mando vs gandalf

Please get your games in starting today (3/20/24) by midnight of next Wednesday (3/27/24).
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 11:01:28 AM

Mando wrote:
I have submitted my round 3 squad/map and link. Everyone can send me their squad/map choice and squad link via bloomail and then I will get the matchups posted here.

(reserved)

Rnd 3 squad and map sent in.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 4:46:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Bump!

Don't forget to submit your squads and make them public!
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 6:51:46 AM

Round 3 submitted
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 9:38:32 AM

squads and matchups posted! have fun everyone BlooMilk
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 10:47:29 AM

UrbanShmi over SpryGuy1981 240-96 (3-0) on Great Library

I won map roll and Matt set up on the left. The first round was positioning, with both of the main doors being opened. At the end of the first round, Vima ran up to Luke with Master Speed and Charging, and managed to get 3 of 4 shots through (counting Jar'Kai). Vima promptly died to Luke, having done her job. 0-33.

In the second round, the fun began. We both moved pieces into Gambit, and Mara used her Intuition and activation from winning init to bash into Johun. She needed 3s with Momentum--sadly, she rolled two 1s and a 2 (with a reroll) before hitting on the last attack. Johun and Sarro made short work of Mara. Raskta saw an opportunity with Master Speed and went after Bazel Warv, who was bodyguarding Luke. She easily killed him with Jar'Kai, taking 20 damage for her trouble. By the end of the round, she had taken about 20 more (including a crit from Han that got Protectioned). 61-33.

Third round, Matt moved Lor San Tekka up to bodyguard Luke, T3 flamed them both, and Sarro came in for the kill(s). Although Sarro did go down to opportunist shots from Wedge after Tekka's death, Raskta and Johun were more than healthy enough to pick up the slack. Han came up and shot Raskta in the face (once again, she protectioned and took minimal damage). 137-76.

In the fourth round, with only a damaged Han and an unhurt Wedge left for attackers, Matt started bringing in the little guns. He managed to hit the AoL troopers, but they saved with Beskargam. Raskta finished Han with three attacks, then ran back into gambit while Johun tackled Wedge. Johun had a hard time hitting, but the squad as a whole did somehow manage to put 40 damage on Wedge before the end of the round. R2 ran into gambit. 192-86.

Round 5 was going to be the final round. Raskta attacked Wedge twice, needing very low rolls, and he failed his Avoid Defeats. Johun ran around the opposite side of Gambit and finished off R2. T3 flamed the AoL troopers, the ugnaught, and Kneesaa. With the last round of gambit, the final score was 240-96.

This was a hard fought game in a bad match up for Spry. And it still could have gone very differently if Mara had obliterated Johun like she was supposed to. Always fun to play with Spry. Looking forward to the next round!
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2024 5:39:19 PM

thereisnotry defeats DarthMaim 202-63 (3-0)

I won the map roll so we played on Ravaged Base. Mel set up on the left side, in the area above the big room over there. I set up in the normal area on the right. Versatility happened for the newer pieces: Han took Accurate, Luke took Twin, and Leia took Stealth.

Round 1: Mel won init. Intuition and Ghost-movement happened. I advanced my people toward the Command Center room. My droids opened some doors and R2 closed one. The round ended with both Chewie and the Tonnika Sisters in gambit. 16-10 for me.

Round 2: Mel won init. He moved a fodder piece to safety. I moved C3P0 and Sabine to a spot where they couldn't be shot, but where he could open center door with ADG. Leia pushed Han and Chewie into position. Chewie shot an Uggie and put 20dmg on Cara Dune, then moved back to safety inside my room. Mel moved some more fodder. R2 opened the door so that Han could shoot from the top room, killing an Uggie...then Han moved to safety. Mira joined the Tonnika Sisters in the gambit turbolift. Luke moved closer to Chewie and Sabine and 3P0 so that he could reach some targets next round. Morrigan moved up into the other turbolift. The Tonnika Sisters moved up to position for a big hit on Sabine the next round. Raskta Fenn moved into that hallway too. 26-20 for me.

Round 3: Mel won init. The Tonnika Sisters used Talon's CE to move up to base Sabine (taking 20dmg from Mines in doing so), and then they put a heavy 60dmg onto Sabine. Chewie moved over to kill them (failed avoid defeat). Sabine tossed a 40dmg grenade onto Raskta Fenn, then moved to safety inside my room. Raskta ran up for a hit and a crit on Chewie, dropping him to 20hp. Mira then finished off the job with a Twin Attack. Leia shot a Rodian Brute, then pushed Han and Luke into position for some sweet revenge after the death of Chewie. R2 locked the door to protect Leia (since none of Mel's door boomers could reach that door this round). Mel spun some pieces. Han killed Raskta Fenn (adj so no evade...Traps from Sabine were helpful vs the Melee Duelist). ObiGhost moved forward. Mel moved an Uggie up to get in the way vs Luke, and another Uggie up to open the turbolift doors for Mira and Morrigan. Luke charged 10 squares to kill Mira, and 3P0 tried to position himself in a place where it was harder for Morrigan to get an easy shot on Luke. Cara Dune moved up to join the action next round. Wicket moved up to put Luke into Traps. My Breachman played the hero and rolled exactly enough to hit Mel's Uggie in the center hallway area. Morrigan missed her first shot on Luke (now Cloaked), but the Twin triggered anyway (since it doesn't target separately) and Luke took 30dmg. 109-58 for me.

Round 4: I won init for the first time! But after Talon's CE moved Morrigan to safety, my 80hp Luke couldn't do anything worthwhile on his turn, so I just had to hope for some luck that he would survive (he had plenty of fp for rerolls). Instead, Sabine moved up to toss a grenade on an Uggie, Cara, and Wicket...the first 2 both took damage, but Wicket had his dancin' shoes on. We ran out of time at this point, so we finished the round. Morrigan charged forward to put 60dmg onto Luke. Then Cara moved up but could only attack from range, due to 3P0's positioning and the rough terrain on that part of the map...Luke (at 20hp) evaded both attacks, with some help from fprr's. Luke killed Morrigan and my Breachman was not heroic against Cara Dune (20hp). Wicket moved up to base Luke for a 20dmg hit...but LS Defense saved Luke's day. Talon shot my Breachman (Luke's stealth prevented targeting him because Talon was too far away from him). Leia moved up for a shot and then pushed 3P0 and Han into better positions. Mel moved some fodder pieces up. Han killed Morrigan and then Wicket to end the round and the game. 202-63 for me.

This was not an easy match; so many of my pieces were highly vulnerable vs Mel's boosted shooters. Taking out 3 of his 5 attackers in Round 3 was what shifted the balance in my favor, and movement tricks were key to that. Thanks for the game, Mel!
Hi-Fives
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2024 4:59:51 PM

Hi-Fives wins against Urbanjedi 202-153 (3-1)
Unfortunately I forgot to make a log file and so I am having to rely on my memory to tell y'all what happened.

Jedi won map roll, but as we both have Ravaged Base, He made the difficult decision to play on Ravaged Base. I set up on the right and jedi on the left.

Round 1: We pretty much just moved up our forces this round. I moved behind the wall in the cargo bay and jedi was huddled in the command centre. Fives got some shots off on a joiner and did 30 damage with Verpine shatter rifle. Jedi got gambit and the round ended.

Round 2: Lots more repositioning this round. Fives took some return fire from the joiner, but there was no meaningful damage dealt. We both had gambit and the round ended.

Round 3: This round was really fun. Jedi moved Shaak Ti up and pushed Maris with her CE. Shaak dealt 60 damage to Fordo, leaving him at 10 remaining. R2 towed Fives up and he lit up Shaak for 120 damage if I remember correctly. Maris came up and finished Fordo and the ugnaught. When the dust settled on this round, Maris had 40 left (I'm pretty sure) and Shaak was dead. We both still had gambit and so ended round three.

Round 4: Around this point is where my memory seems to have run out. Jedi moved his joiners up and got two consecutive crits, one on Fives and one on an ARC. Maris was finished off pretty early in the round. The other ARC tropper and Ordo both whiffed some shots against those joiners, but otherwise I think that was most of the action. We both had gambit still.

Round 5: This round (or maybe it was last round) Unuthul was taken out, and Fives breathed his last (I think Fives actually died in round 4 but I cant remember). Rex got some nice luck and one-turned the Queen from his cover, and Ordo and the trooper missed some more shots on the joiners (those evade and splash saves were hilarious). It was about this point that I crossed 200pts and we finished the round and it was over. I had Rex, Ordo and one trooper left.

This match was a blast to play. It's a bummer that I don't have a log file, but I think I got most of it. I think my highlight of the match was when Ordo and the ARC couldnt land two shots to save their lives. It was a ton of fun to play with you Jason!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2024 12:01:46 PM

gandalf's Rebels take out Mando's ISB Rebel Hunters 200-48 (3-0)

We both had Great Library. I lost map roll and set up on the right with Chewie and Leia next to a door, ready to get breached.

Round 1 was mostly positioning. Chewie and Leia both made their saves to take 10 damage instead of 30 from the Breachman, to get wounded for their boosts. Raddus gave Chewie Battering Assault +10. I forgot about Targeting Blaster so a couple of Mando's Scouts got to take shots at Luke, but nothing got past his defenses. Han took out a Scout and Luke moved into gambit. Another Scout put 30 damage on Luke (80HP left). 19-0

Round 2, I won init and let Mando go first after Ghostly-Wan teleported. A Scout missed Luke. I moved some tech. Then Lumiya pushed Carnor Jax up to drop a load of damage on Luke (made 1 defense, 50HP). Luke hit Carnor some (90HP left) and leaped away, then Artoo used his movement breaker to pull him to safety. Dedra moved her squad up and a Scout missed Han a couple of times. Then Leia moved Chewie (Walking Carpet), moved him again (CE), and Chewie raced through the Library to kill 3 Scouts and hit the Security Officer. A couple of Mando's guys tried to hit Chewie but didn't get damage through. Then Han took out a Scout and hit Carnor (60 left). BBSV hit Chewie for 10. 65-10

Round 3, I won init and Chewie finished off Carnor. Security Officer killed Chewie. Lumiya moved up to fight but got taken out by Han and Luke. Han also took out the TBSV. 151-48

Round 4 was cleanup, and Mando conceded.

I appreciate Mando fitting our game around his schedule with a newborn kid. Was fun to play as always, Rebels are super deadly once again.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2024 5:25:44 PM

N3rdSl4y3r over DarthO 241-110 (3-1) on Great Library

He won map, and I set up on the left side.

Round 1: Din, Montross, & Mira position into gambit room. BX droids come in the room, with the gladiator droid standing behind.

Round 2: He intuitions his BX duo and hits Montross for 90 damage (20hp left). Montross and Mira take out the other Sniper/Spotter duo and the Geonosian. Gladiator Droid hits Mira for 60 and finishes her off with Alexi's cannon shot. Din cable grabs in and takes out Alexi.

Round 3: Gladiator droid tries to take out Montross, but both attacks miss. Din sets off whistling birds hitting BXs, gladiator, and the sergeant. Montross finishes the BX duo with missiles.

Round 4: Gladiator droid finishes off Montross this time. Din flamethowers some scrubs.

Round 5: Gladiator moves into gambit. Srubs trade blows. Talon and Din bring the gladiator droid down to 20.

Round 6: Gladiator droid pops R7, and then gets burned up by Din.

It was a heated game from the start. The early damage on Montross definitely had me worried, but a few more missiles was all that was needed. Thanks for playing!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2024 9:27:11 AM

everyone has gotten their games in. I'll update with the standings. I have submitted my round 4 squad/map/link, so everyone can now send me their round 4 squad, map choice and squad link via bloomail. Thanks!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2024 12:48:59 PM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024: Round 3
urbanshmi (3 pts) defeats spryguy1981 (10 pts) : (240-96)
thereisnotry (3 pts) defeats DarthMaim (0 pt) : (202-63)
gandalf (3 pts) defeats Mando (0 pts) : (200-48)
Hi-Fives (3 pts) defeats urbanjedi (1 pt) : (202-153)
N3rdSl4y3r (3pts) defeats Darth O (1 pt) : (241-110)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2024
Leaderboard after round 3 completion.
1: 9 Points: gandalf - WWW
2: 9 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WWW
3: 7 Points: Thereisnotry - WLW
4. 6 Points : urbanshmi - LWW
5: 6 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWL
6: 5 Points: Darth O - WLL
7: 4 Points: DarthMaim - LWL
8. 4 Points: High-Fives - LLW
9: 3 Points: urbanjedi - LLL
10. 0 Points: Mando - LLL