RegisterDonateLogin

Finding this site was the will of the Force, I have no doubt about that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : What will happen to SWM?
Choice Votes Statistics
Another company makes game with incompatible rules 47 48.958333 %
No company picks it up 29 30.208333 %
Wizards picks it back up after a while, same rules 2 2.083333 %
Wizards picks it back up, incompatible rules 1 1.041666 %
Another company picks it up, keeps same rules 17 17.708333 %

What you think will happen to the game Options
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 7:22:18 PM
Groups: Member

smurfjeedai wrote:
what is this gencon???

wow are you in for a treat. Gencon is where the SWM championship is every year its in Indianapolis and is sometime in summer i dont have the dates in front of me. Long story short its 4 days of the best players from everywhere playing our fav game.
smurfjeedai
Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 7:26:13 PM

I do not think I can make it to US for this...
would be nice tho...

I no understand this DCI thing too...
what is?
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 12:50:13 AM

smurfjeedai wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
I know, I know, I hate polls but I started one. This is because I am a bit worried about what some people have said they think will happen to the game in relation to corporate production. One poll gave some scary results, so this one breaks that down into clearer ideas. This poll is assuming that the activities over at Gamers will have no effect on discouraging another company from picking up the game (which history and reason have shown us to be true anyways)

Ive never seen game taken on by a company after virtual sets release.
what games were?
I do not think it is good idea to do this so quickly.
according to the polls I have read most people have voted the same way.
I just found out about site the other day.
I tried gamers site, but would not let me post, that and people in forum all time arguing.
is not easy playing this game and all of this happen, especially when live in Canada and not many player.

Wow what a hilarious statement on so many level considering everyone knows who this is.

The only criteria for picking up this game will not be was a V-Set done. It will be is the business profitable. You keep spouting off that story and then send pms telling people youhave to do this or else.

Please pick a side of the road and stay on it..

Hilarious
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 1:25:08 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

smurfjeedai wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:
I know, I know, I hate polls but I started one. This is because I am a bit worried about what some people have said they think will happen to the game in relation to corporate production. One poll gave some scary results, so this one breaks that down into clearer ideas. This poll is assuming that the activities over at Gamers will have no effect on discouraging another company from picking up the game (which history and reason have shown us to be true anyways)

what games were?
I tried gamers site, but would not let me post, that and people in forum all time arguing.
is not easy playing this game and all of this happen, especially when live in Canada and not many player.

I think you look at it wrongly. V sets were made because no one wanted to pick up the game. Seriously, WOTC chose not to continue SWCCG, and instead went with their Yahtzee version. So, was SWCCG supposed to whither and die with the horrible mess the game was left in post Coruscant and Reflections III for three years till the game died? Hell, even when the TCG died, no one would be really interested in a three year old game, that the mechanics were already being used, so it also wasn't a viable option.

And really, you worry too much about V-sets. A company that picks up a game has every right to set up their own tournament rules to be enforced, as well have the legal option of Cease & Desist. Trust me, the SWCCG PC exists on the whims and goodwill of 2 companies.

And I doubt no one will pick it up. I think Privateer Press has shown you can have a successful new minis game.
Zalkrie
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 1:42:19 AM

smurfjeedai wrote:

what games were?

Mod edit: edited out irrellevant text that could be inflamatory.

Please don't make comments like this if you don't know what you are talking about. You say you don't know what DCI or Gencon are, but you are going to criticize the people that are trying there best to keep this great game going. Do we really have to go through this again?!?!
Zuty
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 1:49:55 AM

I logged in just to answer this post.

I hope someone with a lick of talent picks up this game and treats it right. I have been unimpressed and disgusted in the way Wiz has been treating this game for a long, long time. I would love to see someone else pick it up and go through and clean up all the rules and make the game better. Loads of people will drop off, which is fine by me because I loathe 90% of the player population for SWM, and a new generation of players will pick it up.

If I were a religious person, I would be praying right now that the game gets picked up by Privateer Press. The sculpts would be beautifully crafted and the rules would undergo some much needed changes that I would welcome with all my heart.

Good bye old SWM, lets hope you get reincarnated into something better.

~Zuty
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 3:21:28 AM

smurfjeedai wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

what games were?

Um, how many other games have virtual sets?

Those SWCCG virtual sets were only made AFTER it had been decided that SWCCG wouldn't be continued. Then wizards made a horrible card game that would have died anyways, v-sets of SWCCG or not.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 3:24:53 AM

dnemiller wrote:
smurfjeedai wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

what games were?

Wow what a hilarious statement on so many level considering everyone knows who this is.

The only criteria for picking up this game will not be was a V-Set done. It will be is the business profitable. You keep spouting off that story and then send pms telling people youhave to do this or else.

Hilarious

I get the feeling that half the votes for the last option on the poll are from people with multiple accounts who voted twice.
DarthJak
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 3:35:32 AM

did your Jedi senses tell you that?Scared
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 3:45:52 AM

DarthJak wrote:
did your Jedi senses tell you that?Scared

Jedi Sense, Spidey Sense, Leroy Jethro Gibbs' gut feeling, Han Solo's bad feeling, Zuckuss' Intuition, whatever you want to call it. BigGrin
smurfjeedai
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 4:16:25 AM

dnemiller wrote:
smurfjeedai wrote:
AdmiralMotti89 wrote:

what games were?

Hilarious

lol
you know me?
I never talk to anyone here before?
I criticize no person, why is everyone so argue?
and still no understand what dci?
sory for delay in post I have to look most enlish word up.
I still no understand, is threat me?
dalsiandon
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 10:33:02 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
sunwrought wrote:
SWM has been canceled because it's not economically viable. If Hasbro / Wizards of the Coast were unable to keep a collectible miniatures game viable, who else could? SWM is dead, will stay dead, and isn't likely to be replaced by another SW CMG any time soon.

I would argue, the above is not true. In fact, I would argue SWMs itself, was not even the reason it was canceled. There are other factors, and cost associated with SWMs was not the primary motivation. It is simply the easy excuse that WotC gave for it.

That's interesting. I'd be interested to hear the argument. Not to say I disagree, but you didn't give any argument - you just stated an opinion. Do you have inside knowledge we don't know about? Just curious, that's all.

WOTC let the game go because they didn't want to be botherwed with it. They didn't advertise the game, they didn't give it the support that they still give magic and D&D, and the cost of the licence was an excuse as well. Look up Hasbro and WOTC. One of Hasbro's owners is GL, I think that helps, but consider what everyone at Gencon last year experinced when the WOTC people ignored the mass of SWM players.

The DCI people have never liked doing SWM's, going back to the beginning. There are lot's of factors, and sure cost might be one of them, but it is low on the totum poll.

Mickey
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 12:22:05 PM

Is anyone here an employee of Hasbro or WoTC? If not then all of this is speculation and conjecture. Unless the company gives out this information we are not going to know the true reasons for dropping the game. I don't see a reason to dwell on the what if's, but rather focus on all of us enjoying the game. Right now nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is that we are not going to get new sets after Masters. The game will go on if people decide to keep playing.
Dead horse
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 1:59:57 PM

If WotC didn't give their Star Wars products the same attention as Magic or D&D then it's very likely that's because the revenue didn't justify it.
smurfjeedai
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 2:39:28 PM

Mickey wrote:
Is anyone here an employee of Hasbro or WoTC? If not then all of this is speculation and conjecture. Unless the company gives out this information we are not going to know the true reasons for dropping the game. I don't see a reason to dwell on the what if's, but rather focus on all of us enjoying the game. Right now nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is that we are not going to get new sets after Masters. The game will go on if people decide to keep playing.

I agree
I just not want bunch of extra to keep up
I like what given to us
looking for word in enlish
I think it origin?
if so I like origin game
I not want game change lots
not like idea of new abiltiy
billiv15
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 2:54:53 PM

Dead horse wrote:
If WotC didn't give their Star Wars products the same attention as Magic or D&D then it's very likely that's because the revenue didn't justify it.

Actually, when you know more of the history, that isn't a likely scenario at all.
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 4:38:48 PM

is smurfjeedai for real?

sorry, I just can't read his posts without wondering what's the malfunction is.....
Zalkrie
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 12:41:54 AM

seibermaki wrote:
is smurfjeedai for real?

sorry, I just can't read his posts without wondering what's the malfunction is.....

Go with your instincts. I think you know what it is all about.
Cordova
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 1:42:30 AM

To be honest, I don't think it really matters what happens.

1) If a new game is made with different rules then you can choose to follow it or not.
2) If the game is picked up, then awesome.
3) If V sets are made we can continue as we have done.

Even if a new set of rules emerges, you don't have to play them, and if your group likes the old rules, then all is good - you just need some imagination to make scenarios etc to keep it fresh. Added to that the fact that some form of community body will keep 'official' tournies running, it's not that much of a problem. And if V sets add to it, then great times.

OR a new game could be amazing. Only time will tell.
And smurfjeedai confuses me, even if English is not his first language, I'm pretty sure there's no need to start a new line every point...
It arouses my suspicions

billiv15
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 2:57:29 AM

Cordova wrote:

OR a new game could be amazing. Only time will tell.
And smurfjeedai confuses me, even if English is not his first language, I'm pretty sure there's no need to start a new line every point...
It arouses my suspicions

It should. He's not a very good smurf. It's MDB and Dahatchetjeedai again.

The best part is the pretending not to understand English, but not recognizing the random mistakes they are putting in their posts, are not the common mistakes by French speakers. (Of course most Canadians know English better than we do). Further, using an IP one step from your own, and putting it in San Diego isn't all that clever. Especially when it's pretty darn easy to back track, and low an behold, he lives in Tennessee.