RegisterDonateLogin

The possibility of successfully navigating this site is approximately 3,720 to one.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Potential BlooMilk Booster League? Options
trick624
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:12:01 AM
Groups: Member

i'll need help getting all the maps working on vassal, assuming that happens, i'm in
Billy Dooku
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:32:09 AM

I'd have to get to use Vassal but I'm definitely in. Gotta love sealed play.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:05:18 AM

Quote:
Match winners will get a LotF or post-LotF booster at random, while match losers will get a pre-LotF booster at random.

I think it's actually done opposite that, where winners get a pre-legacy booster from a non-huge set, and losers get a post-legacy booster, but I could be wrong.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:07:39 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Quote:
Match winners will get a LotF or post-LotF booster at random, while match losers will get a pre-LotF booster at random.

I think it's actually done opposite that, where winners get a pre-legacy booster from a non-huge set, and losers get a post-legacy booster, but I could be wrong.

Yes, that is correct. Winners Pre-Legacy (non huge) and losers Legacy + (non huge).
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:24:51 AM

So for everyone to know Demosthenes is the main user running with this, im mainly just the sidekick lol if you will that'll help, basically in discussion with him right now to determain all the little minor details..

But from my knowledge its basically gonna be ran how SWMgamerz does with the exception of a couple things, Basically wanna make sure too everyone has Vassal & knows how to work it, if not you can drop me a PM if your interested in getting in & i will walk you through the DL process or Map process. Its not hard at all once you get to know the program & i know for me i have a Dial-up internet connection which is ridiculously slow but when im on Vassal thats not a problem so it shouldnt be for anyone else either.

Basically out of the boosters you do get for the league, you & we will keep track of everyones collection they accuire over the weeks & as the league progesses as Demosthenes stated, you will get new boosters & add to your collection. When building your weekly squads it will be mixed factions (Just like Sealed Events) basically anything you can build out of the pieces you have, now mind you that Any CE's that effect invidual figures such as for example Princess Leia (A&E), her CE states it effects Rebel Followers so it will still be like that, so keep in mind how you arrange your squad so that the right CE's are effecting the right characters.

I also mentioned to Demosthenes about writing down all & every little rule for the league & have it posted up somewhere so that everyone is on the same page with it & its there for all to see, so basically this is just getting started up but i dont think it will take too long to start playing, just working out the details so we will keep everyone posted ...
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:30:58 AM

count me in...need help with VassalBlooMilk
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:34:07 AM

if you guys dont mind let me make a few suggestions.

First off I will warn you it is very time consuming to whoever is going to be the commissioner. 2nd you are going to need someplace that is just for the league to store info. I dont think you are going to get Shinja to do it here but I could be wrong.

I am certainly flattered you guys like the league design.

I can if you wish make you a booster league sub forum like we have at gamers for you to be able to run the league in there. Demon can have powers in that subforum to edit and do things.

If you guys have not checked out our little new plug in for running the league standing I invite you to take a look at that too.

it is here:

http://swmgamers.com/e107_plugins/ebattles/eventinfo.php?eventid=6

I can set you up one of those also.

So let me know if I can help you guys out or you want to try it on your own. doenst matter to me I wish you a ton of fun either way.
trick624
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:46:03 AM

+1 for dnemiller lol
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:51:01 AM

dnemiller wrote:
if you guys dont mind let me make a few suggestions.

First off I will warn you it is very time consuming to whoever is going to be the commissioner. 2nd you are going to need someplace that is just for the league to store info. I dont think you are going to get Shinja to do it here but I could be wrong.

I am certainly flattered you guys like the league design.

I can if you wish make you a booster league sub forum like we have at gamers for you to be able to run the league in there. Demon can have powers in that subforum to edit and do things.

If you guys have not checked out our little new plug in for running the league standing I invite you to take a look at that too.

it is here:

http://swmgamers.com/e107_plugins/ebattles/eventinfo.php?eventid=6

I can set you up one of those also.

So let me know if I can help you guys out or you want to try it on your own. doenst matter to me I wish you a ton of fun either way.

I mean me personally, i appreciate the help & suggestions Dean. I know personally it sounds good to me & thanx for the help to where we can store info. So i'll let Demon know, Plus i think it would be good for any members who are in this league without an account to SWMgamerz will migrate over there as well so everyone will have access to Bloomilk & Gamerz.

Yea when i heard about your league i was really interested, & appreciate the help your trying to do for us, i knew you wouldnt mind because you love the game to where im sure you know this brings a whole new interest to the game to keep it going.

So yea basically its just working out the details right now, basically i would love running it just like yours with the exceptions of changes to how sceduling will be & what not, but Demon is the main man but i dont see him having a problem with this & sure he is appreciative also.

Me i have nothing but time lol, always got my kids watching TV so im always on when i can be, so i will be studying all the aspects of your league too & running it by Demon to see what he wants to keep the same. So we'll be in touch & thanx Dean..
Weeks
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:27:31 AM

Sign me up sounds like fun
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:35:22 AM

Also, Anyone who needs help with Vassal (Getting The Maps, Getting A feel for it, Or just Downloading It) drop me a PM, i wanna schedule a time we can all get in one room together on there & i'll explain the controls & whatnot.

If you need help getting Vassal, then drop me a pm & i'll send you a list of instructions in steps, in easy terms & obviously if you have any questions im here to help ya. So just pm me if you need help, once everyone is Downloaded then ill set up a time good for everyone where you can get a feel for the controls.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:35:07 AM

sign me up! :)
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:48:59 AM

ok so have demon let me know.

I can set up a bloomilk booster league. I can also help him on how to award the booster and set up a schedule.

So i will wait to hear from him.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:55:42 AM

dnemiller wrote:
ok so have demon let me know.

I can set up a bloomilk booster league. I can also help him on how to award the booster and set up a schedule.

So i will wait to hear from him.

Sounds good man thank you again, really appreciate it..
R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:51:51 PM

count me in.
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:42:18 PM

Yeah I'm definitely interested in all the help you offered, Dean, and thank you for the offer! I'll be back tomorrow to talk about it a little further, but have to go to sleep now. Tired from going to my first tournament up in Fallston today. =)
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:23:28 PM

oh and to clarify

Game Losers get the post legacy boosters

Game Winners get the pre legacy boosters

This is to attempt to keep the playing field level so no one gets a huge edge and keeps all players having a fair shot at winning.

I find this helps keep players who have a few early losses interested int he league as they know they can get better.

Demon that is fine I am easy to reach via skype or on vassal
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:26:22 PM

So do Legacy boosters belong to the pre-Legacy group or post-Legacy? lol. And that sounds good. I'll try and catch you on Vassal so we can talk at some point. Thanks again!
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:34:36 PM

legacy are the post legacy side of the coin.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:50:21 AM

dnemiller wrote:
legacy are the post legacy side of the coin.

Another thing Dean, i was reading through the rules you have written down on Gamerz, Does anyone ever get Huge Boosters to add to there collection or is the whole league just always ran with non-huge boosters through out the course of the schedule?