RegisterDonateLogin

Had enough calcium to preserve Owen and Beru's bones.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : see post for full question
Choice Votes Statistics
yes 3 5.769230 %
no 5 9.615384 %
maybe,it would depend on the mehcanics 16 30.769230 %
only if my current minis were compatable 28 53.846153 %

if another company picked up the game Options
Greybird
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:48:37 AM
Groups: Member

ludd_gang wrote:

If they made a game with the same scale and nice sculpts, but incompatible mechanics, I'd buy them to yank for customs. But I don't imagine I am representative of a majority of the fanbase.

Yeah, this is probably my take on it too. I'd be happy to buy some nice SW minis of the same scale for use as customs... or as replacements for minis whose sculpts were nowhere near as good as they should have been... *coughcoughBespinLukecough* But I already have an alternate set of rules for SWMs that I'd like to play the heck out of someday (the old tabletop miniatures game Star Wars Miniatures Battles from West End Games), and I just don't have any interest in yet another set of rules when the two I've already got work just fine.
RogueThirteen
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:42:08 PM

I might play the game(s) if it was one of a few things:

(1) A good mass-battle tabletop game. Something akin to Warhammer or AT43, but with better rules.
(2) Standalone but expandable boardgames that pit one side against another in sufficiently tactical battles (eg, a boardgame w/ set of expansions based on the Death Star trench run and similar battles, for instance: would probably be most akin to something like SpaceHulk or maybe Arkham Horror).
(3) A cooperative small-group 'dungeon-crawler' game that allowed a group of players to make heroes (or villains) and run through pre-fabbed adventures fighting enemies that don't require a GM. Something like Warhammer Quest or what I assume Descent and the D&D: CasteRavenloft are like.
(4) Something else really novel with a good Star Wars feel and exciting rules.

Of course, one of those three sorts of games would need to be both more novel and creative and have better rules than the above examples given if I were to entertain picking up another game.

If the new game had minis produced in the same scale and of the same material/quality as the WotC minis (which, I assume, is astronomically unlikely) I would buy them in a heartbeat, of course.
Greybird
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:45:30 PM

RogueThirteen wrote:

I might play the game(s) if it was one of a few things:

(1) A good mass-battle tabletop game. Something akin to Warhammer or AT43, but with better rules.

Such a game already exists. Smile Star Wars Miniatures Battles from West End Games:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7420/star-wars-miniatures-battles

And our SWMinis are certainly usable for it.
qvos
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:47:24 PM

Unless The new game would be totally compatable, I won't be spending any money. Ive spent way to much money already.

"I'm in for it as it is"
tx3252
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:26:50 PM

If a new minis game is released, I'll give it a try before dismissing it immediately.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:54:03 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It all depends. I wouldn't mind a similar game with more "real world logic" applied. For example, lightsaber +10 counting as a melee attack, grenades that can target empty squares, holograms that cant be medically treated. But, as others have stated. I invested quite a bit in swm's, and I dont currently get enough use out of the figs I do have. It's unlikely i'd want to sink my wallet into a new addiction if it was incompatible with my old one.
Greybird
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:35:41 PM

I'm personally hoping that NECA/Wizkids might make a run for the license. They'd likely make some awesome sculpts of the proper scale. I could still have a chance at Joruus C'Baoth, Sora Bulq, and Bok.
Jedi Christian
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:06:29 PM

I would love it if we could just get simialr scaled minis and convert them to this game.