RegisterDonateLogin

I recognized your Bloo stench when I was brought on board.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

~Calendar~ Bellevue WA May Events Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 4:43:33 PM
Groups: Member

Would you be able to provide a link to the page where that is?

-RevRevGar
Nightwalker
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 5:23:19 PM

Thats what i was going to say as well...
danielmcdougall
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 5:25:28 PM

me too...i was going to say that too as well also...what he said
Glympse
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:23:46 AM

danielmcdougall
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 2:19:16 PM

thank you for the link, i found it to be interesting reading. I think these two (long) quotes from George pretty much sum it up: (from wookiepedia)

During ShoWest 2008, Lucas gave an interview where he mentioned the difference between "his world", "the licensing world" and the "fans' world":

Interviewer: "Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?"
Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it."
Another noteworthy exchange between Lucas and an interviewer appeared in the May 2008 edition of Total Film magazine:

TOTAL FILM: "The Star Wars universe has expanded far beyond the movies. How much leeway do the game makers and novel writers have?"
LUCAS: "They have their own kind of world. There's three pillars of Star Wars. I'll probably get in trouble for this but it's OK! There's three pillars: the father, the son and the holy ghost. I'm the father, Howard Roffman [president of Lucas Licensing] is the son and the holy ghost is the fans, this kind of ethereal world of people coming up with all kinds of different ideas and histories. Now these three different pillars don't always match, but the movies and TV shows are all under my control and they are consistent within themselves. Howard tries to be consistent but sometimes he goes off on tangents and it's hard to hold him back. He once said to me that there are two Star Trek universes: there's the TV show and then there's all the spin-offs. He said that these were completely different and didn't have anything to do with each other. So I said, "OK, go ahead." In the early days I told them that they couldn't do anything about how Darth Vader was born, for obvious reasons, but otherwise I pretty much let them do whatever they wanted. They created this whole amazing universe that goes on for millions of years!"
TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?"
LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."
Nightwalker
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 6:29:34 PM

I like the aprt at the end
"sidious no clone and luke no marry"

Lucas basically says My world is the movies everything else is jsut ur imagination
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 8:54:56 AM

~Reminder~

Last 2 Events this Month (this week)

Wednesday May 27th 5-9pm
150pts Dark Side vs Light Side (Each squad may include characters from OR, Rebel, Republic and NR or Sith, Imperial, Separatist and Mandalorian. Sorry, no vong...they are nubs.)

Saturday May 30th 1pm-6pm
150 Point DCI Tournament
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:43:54 AM

We decided to do normal 150 tournament instead of lightside and darkside

I won playing yodabuck
followed by vik playing gowk jwm lobot rex r2
followed by graff with lord vader thrawn and swap
and lastly krup stock with gowk rex and dash r2

got a mandalore from bounty hunters