RegisterDonateLogin

Allergy Alert: May contain Bantha hair.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Nom bomb for current meta Options
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:26:12 AM
Groups: Member

heres the new squad look and see if u guys can think of anything else agian thanks in advance

Super Trackers 2.0
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:32:57 AM

Um Garindan isnt good and neither are the Jawa's, what if someone had battle meditation? and those spotters are not going to help very much,
thats 32 points of non-usefulness Id put in, Juhani and like another YV scout or YV jedi hunter, advance adjent officer
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:40:16 AM

i dont think i realy have to worry about battle meditation theres like 2 figs with it... bastila (maybe see her unlikly thow) and leia organa solo... (realy who plays that fig with the current stuff) and if theres anthor one i cant think of it but yes battle med whould shut down a bit of the squad but i just dont think its common enuf to worry about
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:41:40 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
i dont think i realy have to worry about battle meditation theres like 2 figs with it... bastila (maybe see her unlikly thow) and leia organa solo... (realy who plays that fig with the current stuff) and if theres anthor one i cant think of it but yes battle med whould shut down a bit of the squad but i just dont think its common enuf to worry about

there are more pieces with it, but, Im saying that I dont think spotter is worth activating a 10-12 point figure so Id get a differant one.
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:49:18 AM

ur right i did a search theres one other one theres nomi sunrider (more likely to see then the others but still kinda rare) ,but with the spotter the whipds still get 11 atk and hit for 30 when they dont get cunning and the spotter realy helps on Noms shot that jedi cant block. I hear what your saying and ill try it both ways and see which gets the better results and i think that what your saying will do better agianst heavy force user squads and the spotter will do better aginst the rest
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:02:11 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
ur right i did a search theres one other one theres nomi sunrider (more likely to see then the others but still kinda rare) ,but with the spotter the whipds still get 11 atk and hit for 30 when they dont get cunning and the spotter realy helps on Noms shot that jedi cant block. I hear what your saying and ill try it both ways and see which gets the better results and i think that what your saying will do better agianst heavy force user squads and the spotter will do better aginst the rest

Yeah but the thing about spotter that I hate is that you have to activate to do it,
and yes vong are great against stuff like Yoda, but bad against vader unleashed.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:19:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You are combining fire, giving the attacker an attack bonus as well as the damage bonus from spotter. I think garindan is very useful under the right conditions.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:22:55 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
You are combining fire, giving the attacker an attack bonus as well as the damage bonus from spotter. I think garindan is very useful under the right conditions.

Right conditions yes, but he will go down easy and cant defend himself and if the attack misses well, there is one less activation
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:26:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Seeing as you can't hit him unless you are next to him, he is reletively well defended. That's the benefit of super stealth. I have used him previously with success. It just requires finesse to utilize correctly.
joelker41
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 2:09:13 PM

Honestly I like Spotter in this squad. If you manage to outactivate/Thud Bug you can activate first with Nom if you win Init and put 50 on GOWK only needing a 2 to hit with Cunning/Loner, and he only gets one save. It is 40 then if GOWK has activated and you can get LOS (granted they are all big ifs).

That and the Whipids if the win Init next to an enemy figure can put a whopping 110 on someone with Spotter/Mighty Swing/Cunning.

Spotter is fine IMO. I might suggest a switch to the Jawa Scout, the cost is less and Ion Gun +20 can take out Lobot or R2 in the right situation.
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:01:40 PM

i already am running 2 jawa scouts so im one step ahead of you on that thought
awesome
Posted: Saturday, June 6, 2009 1:31:21 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
Seeing as you can't hit him unless you are next to him, he is reletively well defended. That's the benefit of super stealth. I have used him previously with success. It just requires finesse to utilize correctly.

Ive used him many times with success(jedi hunters got Talon down to 10 with 2 hits)

But, there are lots of force sence, its a trap, and much more I know sence doesnt work on vong but, it works fine on the trackers and jawa's and Garindan(I used that guy for a custom =) so I hate super stealth, the only time Ive used it was when playing vong, they need it, but otherwise I play to beat off super stealth, with melee, sense, and its a trap, so dont think that super stealth will save every game.