RegisterDonateLogin

The other Chosen One.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What are some good SWU books to read? Options
pegolego
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 10:28:28 AM
Groups: Member

Just got back from the book store with my copies of Revan and 'The Courtship of Princess Leia' ($0.50 for that one; what bargain!), which I have begun reading.
PrimeClone
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 5:22:50 PM

Dr Daman wrote:
*SPOILER ALERT*

PrimeClone wrote:
Are you sure Darth Bane Died? Did he not transfer essence on Zanna? I'm pretty sure he did. Read how she twitches after the fight... just as Bane used to do.

Cheers

P.S that was one of the best stand alone trilogy I ever read. Everything was cool about that story.

Bane only managed to implant that one piece of himself to Zannah, not anything more (this was confirmed by The author Drew Karpyshyn himself). Zannah apparently bests Bane in the battle of wills during the essence transfer, banishing his spirit into the void of the Force.

I agree with you though, it is one of the best SW trilogies of books I've ever read too! I was so into the story line that I managed to read book two in one day. I just couldn't put it down!

SITHSPIT!
Thank you so much for getting me an answer to that. I read the authors note. I don't believe him. He ends his blog again with the idea that Bane actually survived to some extend. I think that he left it open to interpretation and now he is trying to say Zannah won but some of Bane is in her.("So, there it is. Zannah won – Bane tried to possess her and failed. But he wasn’t *completely* destroyed… though how much of him remains is something I’m going to leave open for now.")

I'm happy that Zannah actually won. Was upset that Bane had won, but then the Idea grew on me and somehow I have been thinking all this time that he was roaming the universe through endless transfer essence.

Cheers
pegolego
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 9:53:24 AM

LALALALA! CAN'T HERE YOU! NOT READING THESE SPOILERS! LALALA! Razz

Anyhoo, I've heard a lot about Vector Prime. My Library has it, I'm wondering if that's a good choice to read soon (I'm about to read the 2nd Thrawn book, and I've got to buy the 3rd), and if so, is there anything in particular that I need to read first?
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 11:52:22 AM

If you are enjoying the Thrawn books, try Outbound Flight and Survivor's Quest, both by Timothy Zahn. Both give backstories on the Outbound Flight project, Thrawn, the Chiss, C'Baoth when he was a Jedi, etc. Survivor's Quest immediately preceeds Vector Prime in the chronology.
pegolego
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2014 8:28:59 PM

Thanks! I'll add those 2 to my 'to read' list, right after Thrawn, THEN I'll read VP lol.
DonStamos
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 8:02:43 PM

PrimeClone wrote:
darthwhovian wrote:
Agreed about revan book, still should be read though. The Plagueis book was really informative in certain back stories. The best part was the info on Darth Tenebrous! A really cool character IMO!. Also I recommend The Tenebrous Way short story.ThumbsUp

Are you sure Darth Bane Died? Did he not transfer essence on Zanna? I'm pretty sure he did. Read how she twitches after the fight... just as Bane used to do.

Cheers

P.S that was one of the best stand alone trilogy I ever read. Everything was cool about that story.

I still need to read the last Bane novel (shame, shame on me), but I remember getting pretty hyped for Bane vs. Farfalla. Right up there with Corran vs. Shedao Shai, Luke vs. Caedus and anything having to do with Thrawn for me.