Bloo or Bloo not. There is no cry.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Chicago Regional 2015 Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 6:48:57 PM
Groups: Member

Jonnyb815 wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:
I want to take a second to say what a great weekend this was in Chicagoland. It was great seeing and be able to hang out before, during and after the Regional. Jake thanks for running the regional (Go Hawks!), congrats to Jason on the win and to Lillian for making B2B top 4's with her Commando Droid Officer build. Oi Dell-boy, it was great to get to hang out over drinks for lots o laughs! Peter hopefully you'll see this post, great to meet you and hopefully we'll connect in the great state of Texas for SWM. Laura, Mike, Bryan, James and Loooooooou always excellent to be in your fine company

Lastly to my boy TimmerB, thank you for putting me up, mixing kick-ass Old Fashioneds, carting me to the airport and taking us to TC after the Regional and please thank Keene and the crew for their hospitality. Wish I had done better yesterday but the important thing was we were all together and it was the shore leave that I sorely needed.

Cheers to all! BlooMilk

You think Tim would do anything different. He is the nicest person I have ever met when it comes to non gaming. He is a great person and I glad you were able to come to Chicago and had a good time. When it comes to gaming I am not a fan of his play style when it comes to gaming. He is a amazing person and I am glad he was able to help you out this weekend and you had a blast.

Thanks (I think)

Jonny I think you would have been happy with my plays style this weekend.

I ran an 8 activation OR squad. Played real casual. Had fun. Might have slipped into the top 4 with another win. But the best 4 made it. Well deserved.
Sthlrd2
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 6:49:36 PM

I don't have the squad sheets so this is just trying to go off of memory. The blanks can be filled in by the player or by someone who knows

Jason - Krayt/ghosts/swoop/filler (I don't even recall seeing his squad sheet. LOL)
Lily - San/CDOx5/Gha/Lobot/Poggle/Drones x5
Deri - Han/leia jk/Chewy/Ganner/Dodonna...???
Bryan - Lah warriors x5??/Quednek x2??/Zenok/Yun Ne'Shel Priest x2/AAO...???
Tim - Arfan Ramos/Cad/Bastilla/Lobot/...???
Jake(me) - Caedus/Shevu/GA special guards x2/lobot/czerka/brute x2/recruit x2/mice x3/uggie/GARY
Mike S -Thrawn...???? I have no clue what he ran, I don't recall a squad sheet for him, and he dropped after the 2nd round
Mike G - Talon/Xizor/Defiler x3/Naut BSV/Mice x??..??

I have to go now so I will get the rest later unless someone beats me to it. I will post a quick write up of my day later too.

PS I did kind of want to face Jasons squad with me having Shevu.
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 6:50:44 PM

Weeks wrote:
Dodonna Krayt strikes again!

Good thing nothing over 85 points is playable. ;)
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 7:03:05 PM

Sthlrd2 wrote:
I don't have the squad sheets so this is just trying to go off of memory. The blanks can be filled in by the player or by someone who knows

Jason - Krayt/ghosts/swoop/filler (I don't even recall seeing his squad sheet. LOL)
Lily - San/CDOx5/Gha/Lobot/Poggle/Drones x5
Deri - Han/leia jk/Chewy/Ganner/Dodonna...???
Bryan - Lah warriors x5??/Quednek x2??/Zenok/Yun Ne'Shel Priest x2/AAO...???
Tim - Arfan Ramos/Cad/Bastilla/Lobot/...???
Jake(me) - Caedus/Shevu/GA special guards x2/lobot/czerka/brute x2/recruit x2/mice x3/uggie/GARY
Mike S -Thrawn...???? I have no clue what he ran, I don't recall a squad sheet for him, and he dropped after the 2nd round
Mike G - Talon/Xizor/Defiler x3/Naut BSV/Mice x??..??

I have to go now so I will get the rest later unless someone beats me to it. I will post a quick write up of my day later too.

Wait Mike Samuels played? Thats pretty cool even if he dropped after round one. Think the last time he played was in 2012. He was one of the better unknown good old school thrawn players.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 7:05:34 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Jonnyb815 wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:
I want to take a second to say what a great weekend this was in Chicagoland. It was great seeing and be able to hang out before, during and after the Regional. Jake thanks for running the regional (Go Hawks!), congrats to Jason on the win and to Lillian for making B2B top 4's with her Commando Droid Officer build. Oi Dell-boy, it was great to get to hang out over drinks for lots o laughs! Peter hopefully you'll see this post, great to meet you and hopefully we'll connect in the great state of Texas for SWM. Laura, Mike, Bryan, James and Loooooooou always excellent to be in your fine company

Lastly to my boy TimmerB, thank you for putting me up, mixing kick-ass Old Fashioneds, carting me to the airport and taking us to TC after the Regional and please thank Keene and the crew for their hospitality. Wish I had done better yesterday but the important thing was we were all together and it was the shore leave that I sorely needed.

Cheers to all! BlooMilk

You think Tim would do anything different. He is the nicest person I have ever met when it comes to non gaming. He is a great person and I glad you were able to come to Chicago and had a good time. When it comes to gaming I am not a fan of his play style when it comes to gaming. He is a amazing person and I am glad he was able to help you out this weekend and you had a blast.

Thanks (I think)

Jonny I think you would have been happy with my plays style this weekend.

I ran an 8 activation OR squad. Played real casual. Had fun. Might have slipped into the top 4 with another win. But the best 4 made it. Well deserved.
All that matters if you had fun sounds like that happened. I was being honest about you being one of the nicest people I have ever met.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 7:42:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sthlrd2 wrote:

How does Shevu interact with Krayt/Spirits?
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 8:13:36 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Sthlrd2 wrote:

Well he can't use the commander effect so he is limited on when he can strike. The old kunn squads got around this because of sly. Which is a big reason why I was amazed he didnt have the IG in the build. It didn't matter still kind of amazed it did so well with limited attacking.

Still not sure how big of an effect it would have on the game unless I am missing something?
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 2:36:06 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Sthlrd2 wrote:

Double Agent nerfs Kraytdonna's CE.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 5:43:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Oh right - makes sense. I was trying to see how destabilizing shields was related.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 9:09:01 AM

My squad was
Lobot
x5 CDO
BX Spotter
Gha Nacht
San Hill
Poggle
Uggie
x5 Drones
x3 Mice

My map was Cloud City*.

My victories were against
Mike S's Thrawn/new Boba*
Jake's Galactic Alliance*
Deri's New Republic*
Jason's Krayt FS (on Rhen Var)

Semis, I beat Bryan's Yuuzhan Vong*.
Finals, I lost to Jason*.
fingersandteeth
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:33:34 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
Oi Dell-boy, it was great to get to hang out over drinks for lots o laughs!

Diamond Geezer, Gerry!

Always good to see you, Pal.

It was good to see everyone at the tourney, i had a great time.
Sthlrd2
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:17:26 AM

Ok so now for a quick write up of my matches.

Squad I ran

Caedus
Shevu
GA Special Guards x2
Czerka
Lobot
GARY
Brute x2
Recruit x2
Mice x3
Ugh

Rnd 1 against Laura. This was not Laura best game at all. Her first mistake was bringing in the Czerka shield tech with lobot even though Shevu gets by that. So her reinforcements were kind of a waste. I was most worried about Mira but a misplaced Mira let me get LoS early and almost killed her but it was enough to take her out of the game. I saw the deep strike with Embo but couldnt' stop it so I positioned to just allow her to get to Caedus. My GA and Shevu then lit Embo up. Clean up from there.

Rnd 2 against Lilly. I was outactivated by a lot regardless of nerfing San Hill. I brought in a czerka shield tech to try and slow down the crazy power of the CDO's. I got LoS early on one and took it down to 30 hp. The crazy movement of CC and the Canon shots proved too much when I was so heavily outactivated.

Rnd 3 against Gerry. Like all of my matches against Gerry, it was a chess match. He knew what I could do and what I wanted to do, I knew what he could do and what he wanted to do. I think the first 3 matches were positioning and waiting for a mistake. Gerry made it by having Han and Wedge on the outside hall of Rhen Var (near the pit). With Caedus having a bunch of FP now I could use his tricks as I saw fit. He wins init and is forced to retreat Han. Him retreating Han was enough to take Han out of the match. I never shot at Han and Han never shot at me. I take that as a win for me. I move Shevu into Gambit in cover knowing that Gerry would still be able to target him. He wins init and licking his chops runs up Kyle 8 to shoot at Shevu. Too early Gerry my friend. As Kyle does not have cunning and you shot for 10 damage shots. After waiting moving scrubs around while I wait for him to activate his threats. I go with Caedus and SBM Kyle next to him while pushing his Leia out of Gambit and the scrub that was in the way of Kyle. Caedus get to hit Kyle once and then I go with a GA for a Double twin backlash on Kyle. Time is called and Gerry extends his hand. We both thought we were going to get another round in but at that point it didn't matter. If Kyle didnt' die from the other GA and Shevu then I would have just Aing Ti to kill him at the top of the round.

Rnd 4 against Mike Giles. I took out a Defiler early on and then Mike started positioning really well essentially shutting me down from doing what I want. I push foward with a GA to target a Defiler that sniped my czerka on a crazy LoS. That cut my damage from the GA's in half and that hurt. I almost have him dead, but not quite. I position Caedus outside of Talon's bubble but still able to move 6 to base him if I win init. I lose Init even though Mike only rolled a 3 (which was the norm for this tourney.) I told Mike before hand that I only won about 3-4 inits all tourney and not so oddly enough I only won 1 init against Mike and it was when it didn't matter. Knowing that Talon is going to die if I go first he goes first and intuits (via Talon's CE) to block Caedus from getting to Talon. Caedus then Aing Ti's and bases the Defiler and hits him for 30. I was hoping that the high defense from Caedus was enough to survive the Defilers attacks but was set up in a way that I was ok with him dying if that be the case. That Defiler rolled like a God and blew Caedus out of the water. That defiler is in the open so I move a GA to get shots and miss with both. What a shame as I had a plan to kill both Defilers. Shevu then is forced to shoot at that same Defiler and finally kill it. The Cannon shot goes to the other GA to take out the other Defiler but due to the higher def from Xizor he lived. I rolled a one with GARY and GARY joins his squad. Next round I try the cannon shot to take out his last Defiler and miss again (Only to realize later that the Defiler should have died due to his not being an all fringe squad anymore because of GARY joining his squad.) I died with that play error that neither of us thought of. I talked to Mike the other day about it and his response was "WOW, I never thought of that, that might have won you the game." I thought I had positioned well enough to take him but due to bad rolling on every big dice roll, I lost. The mistake with GARY is something that probably won't come up very often but it was a good lesson to learn. Losing GARY against a Talon squad is not a bad thing. LOL. Oh well, it wasn't a bad day considering I have not played minis in quite some time (Gen Con).