RegisterDonateLogin

Forget Jawa Juice--that's soo Clone Wars-era.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

FrostyCon 2016 Options
juice man
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 5:30:19 AM
Groups: Member

Darth_Jim wrote:
Just so everyone knows, I did NOT run Boba. I keep trying to tell people he never was the cornerstone of my fringe squad...Embo is.

I went 3-1 in swiss and lost to Joe in the semi finals. Embo and Mira for the most part played their roles well. Dash was rather disappointing, but Clobot was not. Aves works well...but is not too strong. Well done, Tim, his designer. Aves looks to be a keeper. Some changes are in the works, but Boba will not be among them.
I know your evil fringe go-to is Embo. (beat me several times) Aves really scared me until Jim pointed out he just nerfs the Booming Voice (or rangeless) effect on one CE, not the CE itself. Fortunately the dbbl reserves came late in the game and allowed me to scrape out a win.
juice man
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 5:32:22 AM

urbanjedi wrote:

Finals
Joe beat Jim even though Jim rolled reserves twice in the match (it must have been an epic game and I wish I could have watched). Joe knew he couldn't bring in the blastbug guy with quorreal again so decided to bring a scarification guy. The only problem with that (which joe knew but he didn't really have any better options) was that unless I roll that elusive 1, I Can kill each of his guys in 1 attack (Brutal from Cin or 2x 20 damage hits from Serra). I basically whittled him down while holding gambit and once I took out all his warriors, I thought I was in the clear. With all the scrubs gone, the Vong induced their Jedi Hatred (Specialization) and dropped Serra like a chump. I worked to finish off his guys (a couple crits helped) and finally finished him off.

MVP of the day was easily Marn as he almost singlehandedly defeated Joe. Without Marn, the match against Joe is probably in his favor. I Can still kill his guys but I don't think I can do it fast enough to keep up. It might be interesting to try that matchup without Marn and see what happens.

Me too.Crying
jak
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 6:06:08 AM

finished the weekend with Tile Wars on Sunday

ATMSALAD got first with a squad Jason gave him at the very last minute
DarkDracul grabbed 2nd
jak took 3rd

TheHutts
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 10:57:29 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Just so everyone knows, I did NOT run Boba. I keep trying to tell people he never was the cornerstone of my fringe squad...Embo is. Here it is...

Jam Session

Talon Karrde
Aves
Embo
Mira
Dash
Clobot
Lak Sivrak
R7
Mouse

I went 3-1 in swiss and lost to Joe in the semi finals. Embo and Mira for the most part played their roles well. Dash was rather disappointing, but Clobot was not. Aves works well...but is not too strong. Well done, Tim, his designer. Aves looks to be a keeper. Some changes are in the works, but Boba will not be among them.

I'd definitely look at Morrigan in a tanky meta.
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:18:15 PM

Any chance of getting full squads posted, and maybe matchups?
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:02:35 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Aves works well...but is not too strong. Well done, Tim, his designer. Aves looks to be a keeper.

First and foremost, Aves was a group effort. I certainly proposed and pushed certain aspects, (an original form of anti-activation control for fringe only being chief among them), but he went through quite an evolution. 6 pages of discussion on the gamers vset 10 forum about this guy, and much discussion on Facebook and group pm too.

Other vset 10 designers Laura, Deri and Les certainly contributed. As did Dave (Swinefeld) and TJ (Flying_arrow), in ideas as well as tricky ability verbiage.

Honestly though, Jim's modesty is so solid that he literally forgot he contributed greatly to the balance of this piece. I went to solicit feedback from him at one point in the process, knowing he was one of the most prolific all fringe players out there. He actually strongly DISLIKED several apects of the figure, and spoke up to the group (respectfully and constructively). He thought he was too strong and an auto include. That was NOT the goal. I wanted Aves to be an intriguing option to build with that would be the right option for some squads, but not all. (Actually that's the goal with EVERY figure, but Jim really helped find the balance with Aves.)

Jim's guidance helped the design team turn the corner in Aves.

This makes me realize I should just post that thread here too. Inside the mind of the designer: AVES . . . Coming soon
jak
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 6:33:24 AM

anyone interested in joining Frosty 2017?BigGrin
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 7:08:29 AM

Yup. Meeeee
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 7:45:24 AM

Yes please. Gannadorf will most likely join as well
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 1:22:30 PM

I'd like to
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 4:35:54 PM

Myself and maybe Mike and or Etienne.

February??? 10th-12th or 24th -26th look good to me.
jak
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2016 7:00:46 AM

was thinking Feb 17-19, weekend before President's Day.
alot of people are off work that day.
However , I'm not married to that idea, if another time works better.