RegisterDonateLogin

Most likely unavailable at your FLGS.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 33 - Chirrut Imwe Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 6:24:51 PM
Groups: Member

Hmm we don't have a rule for it, there is one for submitting but not voting not not opposite. I think it's fine by me, gets more people involved even if they don't have a piece in it. If everyone else is ok with it, I am too.
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:09:13 AM

Voting has expired. Did we miss anyone?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:57:27 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:23:22 AM

I show the scores as:
Jak 1 1 = 2
Don 2 1 3 3 = 9
CC 3 1 3 = 7
saber 3 2 = 5
gg 2 3 1 2 = 8
kam 1 2 = 3
laf 2 = 2

If we are done, and I get to pick for next week, the only option I see fit is Baze Malbus.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:24:45 AM

donnyrides wrote:
I show the scores as:
Jak 1 1 = 2
Don 2 1 3 3 = 9
CC 3 1 3 = 7
saber 3 2 = 5
gg 2 3 1 2 = 8
kam 1 2 = 3
laf 2 = 2

If we are done, and I get to pick for next week, the only option I see fit is Baze Malbus.

Legit and congratulations! Post up Baze!
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 9:23:06 AM

Sorry, I was going to vote, but I didn't get to it in time. And now my votes would only cause a tie this round and slow things down, so go ahead and start the next contest.

Here were my thoughts on the pieces if anyone is interested:

---

First of all, great job to all! I think you all did a very good job of representing Chirrut!

And absolutely no offence intended against anyone here, but I must say:
Chirrut Imwe: "I fear nothing. All is as the force wills it."
Chirrut Imwe: "Take hold of this moment! The force is strong!"
Chirrut Imwe: "I am one with the force, and the force is with me. (repeat)"
Chirrut Imwe: ...force 2...?
Darth Vader: "I find your lack of force powers disturbing."

I think you all did a great job, but extra kudos, brownie points, pats on the back etc to all of you who gave him something a little more in the way of force powers. Chirrut without a focus on the force just doesn't seem quite right to me...

That's just my opinion.
Ok, sorry. My rant is over.

---

General Grievous: Nice! Survival expert is very fitting and very deadly with parry/evade. And the Synergy! Tally Ho! I have the feeling that Baze is already going to be a good fighter in his own right, but with your Chirrut... Whew! He's going to be an absolute TANK! ThumbsUp Woot In my own opinion (and maybe I just need to watch the movie again), Draw Fire doesn't quite seem fitting... Great piece though!

Kamikaze13: Good one! Great set of abilities here. Hostage shield is genius! ThumpUp Underestimated is pretty cool! And Jolt - very good. I almost added that to mine. That very much seems fitting. I usually don't like paying that much for a piece (yes I know, I'm stingy), but I might make an exception with this one.

Caedus: Very good! That Battle Synergy is awesome!! Love Baze and your Chirrut would clean out the enemy SO fast! ThumpUp Lightbow... Wow! Can you say "Rocket-launcher"? ThumbsUp I want one. Good fit! And THANK YOU for giving him something force related! BlooMilk Both Force Powers are very fitting to him.

donnyrides: Very nice! Imwe Style was a very good idea! I thought about adding something like that to mine, but decided against it. Quite fitting! And the Baze combo perks that you have going on here are awesome! ThumpUp These two will be unstoppable! A little bit on the expensive side for my tastes, but that's just me. Good job.

CorellianComedian: Impressive. Most impressive. Indiscriminate Reactions was a great idea! This piece is not going down without a fight! Aggressive Negotiations was a great unique approach! It's very fitting, but I wouldn't have thought of it. I like the lower cost on him! Better for building Rogue one hero squads with. Good call! ThumpUp Force Sacrifice! ! !!! WAT. Woot Love Drool YES. Need I say more??
Actually yes. Yes I do: Another shout-out for giving Mr. I-am-one-with-the-force-and-the-force-is-with-me a specific force power! BlooMilk

jak: I love it! First of all: nice idea with the Fringe! I'm picturing a pre-Rogue One Chirrut here, and I'm liking it. The double-twin seems very fitting for him! Lightbow is awesome! 40 damage for the win! ThumbsUp Interesting choice with Independent. I think I see the line of thought you had going on there. ThumpUp Mettle was a great idea! Very good way to represent his force connection! Speaking of force connection... Finally - A Chirrut with FR! Piles of bonus points for that! Way to live up to his flavor text. BlooMilk That with Mettle, and this piece is a Beastx2! (I would have given you first)

saber1: Nice! When I look at this piece, I can picture that fight in the city! Crowd Fighting is awesome! I wish I had thought of that! Quick Reflexes - Great idea! ThumpUp I considered adding that to mine. And whirling Attack: I like it! I love the fact that this guy could put 90 damage on a single enemy!

Good job guys! The Rogue One minis are in good hands!

And sorry to spam this post with emoticons... I got a bit carried away... Wink