RegisterDonateLogin

Is fluent in over 6 million forms of communication.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 33 - Chirrut Imwe Options
saber1
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 8:38:58 PM
Groups: Member

It looks like it falls to me to kick off the final contest of 2016. I'd like to choose Chirrut as this week's theme. He was cool in Rogue One and seems ripe for custom design. Fringe or Rebel, I leave up to you. Merry Christmas and happy customizing!

...and now the fine print...

Rules

1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 31st, 2016 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 8pm EST on Monday, Jan 2nd, 2016.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 9:20:01 PM

Yay! The only reason I haven't made a custom of him yet is because I was hoping he'd be in the next contest. It will be fun to see how other people portray him also. ThumbsUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 11:32:54 PM

Agreed I was waiting for this! Pumped for the next potentially six contests haha.

Here is mine:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27190/chirrut-imwe

I wasn't sure how to approach the force with him as he seemed to be able to almost be able to use it, but I went with a semi-Jarael type ninja monk build haha.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2016 5:39:51 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27189/chirrut-imwe

I only saw the movie once (unfortunately) so if the flaver text wasn't the exact words or it was Protector of the Whills instead of Guardian please let me know.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2016 8:28:58 PM

donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:30:04 AM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:42:53 AM

Chirrut Îmwe

"Indicriminate Reactions" doesn't really fit his character, but it lets him retaliate when shot at. Force Sacrifice is definitely an abstraction, but I think it fits.
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:24:10 AM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 10:12:27 PM

Saber1 and Jak, you guys going to add your customs to the thread?
jak
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:24:37 PM

saber1
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:38:53 PM

I'll add mine soon. Still tweaking the stats.
saber1
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 6:05:59 PM

I think it's about ready for prime time.

Chirrut Îmwe
Lafcadio
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2017 12:30:07 PM

saber1
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2017 8:57:07 PM

Before my notes and votes, I want to give kudos. There are some very nice customs entered. Thanks to all for your participation! On to my thoughts for each.

General Grievous: Base stats good for cost. Triple, Synergy and Force 2 all look solid. Survival Expert is a very nice touch. Draw Fire is an interesting addition and when coupled with Evade, Parry and SE he becomes a real headache.

Kamikaze13: Weakish base stats for cost. I like Double w/GMA. Evade and Parry give him durability. Jolt is interesting but makes him a bit too much like Jarael perhaps. IO provides greater squad building flexibility and fits thematically. Underestimated if a fun new ability. While Hostage Shield’s name doesn’t sit well with this character, the mechanic does make sense. However, with both Evade and Parry it seems a bit too much in the way of defense.

Caedus: Decent stats for cost. Double and GMA make sense. Evade/Parry seem to be a popular combo for this character. Lightbow is quite cool, though I might tone it down to 40 damage. Battle Synergy is a nice tie-in to his buddy Baze. His Force points are a bit high at 3. I like both Force powers and considered each when building my custom Chirrut. My suggestion, based on my impression of the character, is to drop one of the two as he really isn’t a Force user as he is guided by the Force.

Donnyrides: Weakish stats for cost. Triple and GMA are potent and also the direction I opted to go on my version. Synergy makes good sense, as does Rapport. I like Force 2 w/o any stated powers. Imwe Style, his signature ability, is quite potent and better than a lot of LS Styles. I might change the second line to something like, “Whenever this character rolls a 16 or higher on a save for this ability, he can make an immediate attack against an adjacent enemy”. This way he has a 50/50 to prevent and a 25% chance to swing back.

CorellianComedian: Very nice stats for cost. Triple is nice to see. Evade with no Parry? Kudos for bucking the trend. I really like Indiscriminate Reactions. Blaster 20 is a clean and simple way to reflect his seldom used shooter. Rapport is straight-forward. I’m not keen on Force 3, but it makes sense when Force Sacrifice is considered. FS certainly feels accurate. The biggest hang-up is Aggressive Negotiations. While it certainly is useful, it doesn’t quite feel right.

Lafcadio: Paltry base stats for cost. Single attack seems lacking. And The Force Is With Me is great and really fits thematically, as does Survival Expert. Camaraderie is fun and makes Baze a real force to reckon with (pun intended). Verpine Shatter Rifle works (I almost included it on my custom). I applaud your original take on his connection to the Force via is Force Powers. However, they just don’t feel right. I see him “using” the Force more to augment his physical abilities as in rerolls and moving a bit faster. He seems more guided by the Force then actively using it like a Jedi or Sith, which would necessitate Force powers/points.

Jak: Meh base stats for cost. There is certainly an argument to be made for Double/Twin (kudos for being the only one to go this direction) and I dig GMA being tossed in for more flexibility. Mettle makes sense. Soresu Style Mastery, while at first glance seems out of place, makes a lot of sense after a few more moments of contemplation. He very well may have studied this style for all we know even though he isn’t a Jedi. Light Bow looks spot on. Independent works. It’s cool to see a Fringe entry and I considered this route but couldn’t see him as anything but a Rebel (officially or on his own). He's never doing the dirty work for Sith or the Empire.

Third: Jak
Second: Donnyrides
First: CorellianComedian

donnyrides
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 7:45:00 AM

Saber 1st
GG 2nd
Kam 3rd

I'm on a mobile device so I don't really want to type up to much right now. Great week everyone
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 9:01:58 AM

Nice job guys! This was a fun week!

3rd - donnyrides - I like how straightforward your piece is. Imwe style is by far one of the best damage reduction abilities in the game, but it works nicely. I like that Rapport; that's a Rapport you can sink your teeth into. None of this lame 1-point stuff like I did (Rapport 1 just takes up card space ThumbDown), but Rapport 5 with that synergy makes you really want to use Baze with him.

2nd - Lafcadio - It normally bugs me to see only 50 HP on someone like that (especially with a big dogpile of abilities), but you pulled it off nicely. He's got a lot of abilities already, but giving him Unleashed would be cool - double Sweep or Assault (or one of each...) would be pretty awesome. Verpine Shatter Rifle was a good call. Also, you win best flavor text Flapper

1st - General Grievous - Lots of stuff going on, but the piece is still very simply overall. Survival Expert is a nice touch, and well-balanced by having Parry/Evade instead of Soresu. Draw Fire is also a nice touch.

Also, saber1 gets honorable mention for being the only other contestent to include the circumflex on Îmwe Flapper
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 11:34:31 AM

3rd CC - I like the simple, underestimate him and now he's taking out your stromgrooeprs feel to him.
2nd Saber - I would have liked to see some sort of dodging ranged attacks but maybe that's in your eventual Baze custom haha. Great simplicity and fluid fighting style.
1st Donny - stat-wise this is the perfect incarnation of him to me (though combo of Jak's/Caedus's Lightbow I think is the finishing touch if I were to tweak it) great job keeping him simple, fresh and fitting

Further thoughts:
Laf - great outside the box approach on your design, even though I wasn't really feeling the force angle on him there is precedent with Han/Carth and you matched up his abilities perfectly.
Jak - you did an awesome job on yours too and created the best ranged ability, the fringe angle/no rival for empire/Sith/Vong was the only thing that held it back for me
Kam - points for accuracy but that hostage shield wording just kept throwing me haha, why did they have to pick that as the name for the SA. It fits so well!
Caedus - battle synergy is sweet and I like that your Lightbow can target stealth characters but I think 40 damage is the sweet spot, though I'm sure that TIE fighter disagrees with me

Great job everyone and awesome contest! Someone hurry up and win so we can continue forging these legends
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 1:03:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Can you vote if you didn't enter? I forget.

If so, here are my votes:
1st. CorellianComedian
2nd. Kamikaze13
3rd. General_Grievous
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 5:21:16 PM

1st: donnyrides

2nd: General_Grievous

3rd: jak

It was really hard to choose. I know I've said that before but there are so many awesome pieces. Great job everyone!
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2017 5:29:02 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Can you vote if you didn't enter? I forget.

If so, here are my votes:
1st. CorellianComedian
2nd. Kamikaze13
3rd. General_Grievous

My impression was that you had to enter to vote, but the rules doesn't seem to say that. I don't know, we've never had this come up before that I remember. I'm not sure if it would be a problem or not but we'll see what the others say.