RegisterDonateLogin

Just made a deal that'll keep the Empire out of here forever.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 59 Epic Counterparts Options
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 2:20:51 PM
Groups: Member

I can see the damage reduction 10 for sure. Leaping assault is only 6 squares. Maybe leaping assault and master speed, but it is not really the same play wise.
Counter push is nothing like force field.
Force repulse 3 is very similar. But replaces turn is so devastating.

I guess my point is that with the available options it makes for not as fun game play.
Except for damage reduction 10.

Advanced mount is literally just to fix the silly ruling that people on his back are hurt by his force powers
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 3:29:24 PM

I see where you are coming from and I think Force field would have probably been the one I would have suggested keeping. And while for some it's flavour versus gameplay I really think simplicity is key and should be something design as a whole should be going back to with the exception of epics. There are just so many ways to boost people and near unlimited combinations always have me erring on the side of keeping it simple.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 3:30:35 PM

1 Blem (though I'd suggest dropping cyborg, it just doesn't feel right
2 saber 1... I want my very own Rancor :(
3 Poppins, considering the Character this was an excellent attempt to make him worth that many points, though I personally don't think Flight/Tow Cable feel right for him during the Rebellion (it really helps to be worth the points though, so I can't fault it too much).
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 3:39:47 PM

I understand your philosophy and for the most part I agree with you.
However, unique characters deserve uniqueness and unique abilities deserve to be unique.
I do thin leaping assault could have been used for simplicity sake, for sure and will look more closely at what is available already in the game
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 5:01:35 PM

1: Saber1 cause everyone should have their own Rancor
2: poppins88 Only one thing was missing, SA "Power of the Script" (Evade with a save of 4 up)
3: jen'ari I liked your Thon just fine. wasnt over the top, some might say he is too much "epic" but then you are working with 80 freaking points lol. kinda hard not to make him epic like with 80 points to work with.
poppins88
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 5:39:45 PM

Sorry I don't have time to give more feedback as I'd like to. Real life's gotten in the way.

3. GG - While I agree with others' comments that the Crab Droid's damage output is too low for cost, I think pairing with Grievous' CE makes him much more formidable, and Sep customs pretty much have to be designed with DAC's CE in mind. What I would have liked to see is an additional ability such as Missiles to bump up that output and take advantage of Dual Weapon use. Infantry Turret is awesome, though.

2. saber1 - The synergy with epic Bane is fantastic, enough said. The relatively low defense is appropriate flavor-wise, but I worry he'd get shredded by many of the game's shooters at similar costs long before he and Bane have the change to take advantage of the synergy given. Maybe going with a higher Regeneration or even lower HP + Damage Reduction could help with that.

1. spryguy1981 - Tavion has great synergy with her master, and Lightsaber Bravado is a fun choice. You created a flavorful and playable of the character using mostly stock minis abilities, which is both rare and great. My only quibble is that because of Marka's native affinity, the affinity on Tavion isn't actually necessary, since she counts as a character with Ragnos in her name.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 9:18:23 PM

Looks like you got it Poppins! Congrats brother! Copy and paste the first post and start up another week and let's keep the creativity flowing
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 9:23:39 PM

Poppins!!! made it into every vote (with the exception of the forbidden vote)
saber1
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 10:22:49 PM

Congrats poppins!
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:28:17 AM

saber1 wrote:
Congrats poppins!

I still think he should have added SA "Power of the Script" (Evade with a save of 4 up) Tongue
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 11:20:50 AM

blemelisk wrote:
saber1 wrote:
Congrats poppins!

I still think he should have added SA "Power of the Script" (Evade with a save of 4 up) Tongue

That, or "Because R2".
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:18:40 PM

Does Poppins know he won and must post the new week?
poppins88
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:45:26 PM

He does now, sorry! Blushing I'll get it up ASAP.

Edit: It's up now. Sorry for the delay. And I'll get Power of the Script on R2 soon BigGrin