RegisterDonateLogin

Has the high ground.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 59 Epic Counterparts Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:14:41 AM
Groups: Member

So as a community we have 24 Different Epic pieces from Sets 1-3. The challenge this week is to create a piece that when paired with an Epic will cost exactly 200pts as a duo. Example: Czulkang Lah costs 137 and WotC Tsavonh Lah costs 63 making a 200pt Epic duo. You can choose any Epic to pair someone with that you want. I think 48pts is the cheapest a piece will be so these will be some pretty stout pieces. Enjoy!

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, July 1, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, July 3, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:55:25 AM

Very fun, I will probably make around 3 different dynamic duo characters and post my favorite ;)

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:24:46 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Very fun, I will probably make around 3 different dynamic duo characters and post my favorite ;)

Haha same here!
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 1:50:34 PM

She is to go with Jango Fett, Legendary Bounty Hunter.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28054/aurra-sing--ccc-59-

please advise, she may be over cost for what she does. Im not very good at costing pieces. She does a good damage (even more so when she crits), and can open close doors for Jango. made her cyborg because of her implant for communication, and use it to justify both cyborg and her ability to override doors. She can also get up close and personal and slash about doing considerable damage with her lightsaber. I didnt give her much survivability, though if you think she is over cost I could add some.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:48:15 PM

Hmmm, not a big fan of the epics, but maybe I can still come up with something
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:43:19 PM

kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:44:28 PM

gee, this will be tricky.
I think I'll go with an update of an oldie but a goldie,
a while back, someone made "the force", as an 'ultimate' 1 piece squad, BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:29:17 PM

kobayashimaru wrote:
gee, this will be tricky.
I think I'll go with an update of an oldie but a goldie,
a while back, someone made "the force", as an 'ultimate' 1 piece squad, BlooMilk

Nice but you have to post it on here, you for me all excited for a Koba piece last round and I never saw it haha
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:02:07 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28059/thon

to go with Satele. I upgraded this version from an old one.

I know Satle and Thon are no in the the same time frame in the verse, but since there is no Nomi Sunrider epic (my favorite) I thought Whatever, I do what I want

Probably more to come and than I will decided, but feedback desired!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 8:04:35 AM

Perhaps skirting the rules a bit, but this is an entire Stormtrooper Platoon so you need to bring a long a few commanders... so Darth Vader can sacrifice them before you lose those extra Quad attacks!
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:50:58 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28062/tavion-axmis

Designed to work with Epic Ragnos.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:38:51 PM

Darth Bane's Rancor

coming soon...
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:47:47 PM

...quite soon apparently.

Darth Bane's Rancor
poppins88
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:26:17 PM

Here's one from me:

R2-D2, Rebel Hero

It's been a while since I've done one of these, should be fun.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, July 2, 2017 3:14:57 PM

1. Poppins88

2. Blemelisk

3. Saber1
saber1
Posted: Sunday, July 2, 2017 7:39:37 PM

jen'ari: Thon is a cool character and at 80 points he has a ton of tricks if light damage output. Definitely a resemblance to my Rancor entry. Cool to see our similar approaches in different factions. Yours is a Force powerhouse while mine is a brute.

Lord Ball: I really enjoy combo pieces done well and yours is certainly fun. Platoon was handled well, functionally representing a big group of stormies and how their ranks would thin during battle. Very thematic.

spry: Ragnos or not, your entry is a very good piece on its own. Direct damage, LSDefense, damage modifier, the list goes on for this guy. Might benefit from a nip and tuck of 1 ability or Force power but otherwise very stout.

poppins: R2, the little Droid that could. This is the best of every "R" droid rolled into one plus a few new tricks and great synergy with epic Luke. I'd prefer to see the shock abilities consolidated and clean up. The rest looks darn good.

GG: Muckraker is a cool ability and centerpiece of this entry. Infantry Turret is a cool new ability and the rest looks fitting. Should pair well with Greivous.

blemelisk : Aurra was looking very snipery early on but recent changes took a different direction. I liked Elite Sniper and I'd preferred it stay, even if tweaked, over being dropped. Also, I think she would have been more interesting w/o GMA. Drop that, swap stealth for cloaked and give her surprise move. Boom! Über Sniper

THIRD: spry. Great piece on its own and tough with Marka.
SECOND: poppins. Fun, thematic, synergistic. Lots of cool tricks.
FIRST: Lord Ball. Simple, fun, thematic.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 11:51:48 AM

Blemelisk,
Went through a few iterations but I like where you finally ended up here, making a deadly first round super sniper. Cyborg is still a bit odd I think, but that potential deadeye boost really makes you want to keep her still for a 100-120 damage round of sniping.

Jen'ari, super cool Thon version, only concern is there are several new abilities which probably could have been existing similar ones for simplicity's sake. But he is a monster.

Lord Ball, very outside the box idea here, and I would like to see a battle droid version of this too! Haha. Only concern is I don't think reinforcements of any kind work in dynamic duos. But if you ignore that your piece is pure genius and probably what swarms should have always looked like. Great job!

Spry, excellent design here! I can really see this in the game. Only thing is she should probably have one or two less powers/abilities for simplicity's sake but she works super well as a partner.

Saber, bonus points already for making a huge. I would have gone with just mount or even Sith Mount (unique force users) over Darth Bane's mount just to give this guy more versatility. But really helps Bane's mobility and gives him an extra punch. If this was a generic Sith mount I think I would have given you first here.

Poppins, talk about super tech. Only thing is I think there are too many abilities going on here but he is definitely an epic R2

In the end:

1st, Lord Ball
2nd Poppins
3rd Saber1

Hard round to choose though! I would honestly bring any of these with their epic counterparts. In the end I decided to go with the most outside the box ideas I could see
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 12:00:34 PM

Curious to which new abilities/powers could be exchanged for an existing one
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 12:05:55 PM

1. Poppins88
2. Jen'ari
3. GG
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 2:07:17 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Curious to which new abilities/powers could be exchanged for an existing one

These ones:

Force Wave for Repulse 3, field for counter push, dash and leap for for leaping assualt, tchuukthai for damage reduction 10, advanced mount for mount

It's not exactly the same but pretty darn close and accomplishes almost the same without needing to create new ones. These days when there are hundreds of abilities and powers it helps to keep things simpler to not overwhelm new players. One new ability/power is occasionally ok but I've found that for teaching new players and trying to keep the game going that simpler is often best.