RegisterDonateLogin

The ability to drink Bloo Milk does not make you intelligent.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

gencon squad predictions Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:37:30 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthMaim wrote:
[
Trevor, also had a hand in Week's, championship Mando squad, "Movin' Mandos", as the designer of the squad, in which Weeks ran and trained with TINT, leading up to GenCon that year, when he couldn't attend GenCon. If Trevor had attended every year, he probably would have at least 2 more GenCon victories. I believe that even in some years when he did attend GenCon, that he didn't even compete in the champs. The statistic that I would love to read/see is Trevor's record in SWM champ events that he has participated in and won, vs in which he has lost. I'm willing to bet, that it is an astonishing and remarkable record, one that he could only answer.

Either way, IMHO, he is hands down the greatest!!

Billiv is second, but still doesn't come close ThumpUp

Trevor attended the year that Weeks won... 2014. I don't think he made top 8.

Trying to remember... It was Weeks, ATM, billiv, me, country dude, juiceman, ... And I forget the other two.

EDIT: Other people below remembered. It was Jason and Jim.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:56:29 PM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:

Trying to remember... It was Weeks, ATM, billiv, me, country dude, juiceman, ... And I forget the other two.

Jason playing Handmaidens was beat by bill, I think I beat Jim playing Talon first round?
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:18:36 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Trevor won the coolest trophy ever. For Timth place. I got Timth place next year. Cool trophy.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 7:09:32 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
[
Trevor, also had a hand in Week's, championship Mando squad, "Movin' Mandos", as the designer of the squad, in which Weeks ran and trained with TINT, leading up to GenCon that year, when he couldn't attend GenCon. If Trevor had attended every year, he probably would have at least 2 more GenCon victories. I believe that even in some years when he did attend GenCon, that he didn't even compete in the champs. The statistic that I would love to read/see is Trevor's record in SWM champ events that he has participated in and won, vs in which he has lost. I'm willing to bet, that it is an astonishing and remarkable record, one that he could only answer.

Either way, IMHO, he is hands down the greatest!!

Billiv is second, but still doesn't come close ThumpUp

I was one. I made top 8 the last 3 years I was there... 2013, 2014, 2015.

It should be noted that Bill was always at the top and always made top 8 until life took him away from the game. Trevor is my best friend in this game and so I am biased, but even so it would be close comparing Bill when the game had his full attention and Trevor from 2012 on.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:26:44 AM

atmsalad wrote:
AceAce wrote:
Etienne, what'd you run last GenCon?

Last year I was running from my Drill Sergeants at that time LOL, and I believe Jim McNaney was absent as well. Last year saw a field of 12 I think, during a normal year I don't think Jason or Trevor had enough points from Swiss to finish top 8. They both ended in the finals LOL

The one thing that should be pointed out, that with a field that is smaller, that the competition is much stiffer. I competed at GenCon in SWM championships from 2005-2013. My best finish was GenCon 2008, in a field of 90 participants in the 150pt SWM championship, I barely made the top 8, in which I was the 8th seed, and lost in the first playoff round against Matt Peterson, who was the #1 seed, thus ending my run, finishing 8 out of 90 peops! In larger fields, you can slide through much easier, missing top players, even winning easy matches against peops that don't eat the game for breakfast/lunch/dinner. You can't say that now. All the players in the 18 that will be competing in the champs this year, are all experienced, extremely knowledgeable, well skilled SWM players. That is not the case with the massive entrants that used to participate in the earlier SWM days with Wizards of the Coast. Each year that I participated after '08, got harder and harder, because the attrition of the game, left the less skilled players leaving the game, and the top players continuing on year after year. I am not saying that we haven't lost top players ( Billiv, and a host of others ), however, now, you mostly won't have the first 2 rounds of the champs where you cake walk through the early rounds. It's mostly a grind in each round, with tough competition. Let us not discount the quality that are left in the SWM community! BlooMilk
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 2:38:35 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
My Top 6 prediction in no particular order;

TimmerB
Etienne
Bryan H
TJ
Jason K
Trevor P

These 3 may displace someone in there as well;

Deri Morgan, Matt Spry, Jim McNaney

Nice! I picked Etienne, Deri, and Spry. 3 out of the 6. I'm feeling good with my predictions ThumpUp
shmi15
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 10:13:37 AM

shmi15 wrote:
My predictions

2 Republic- Ky-Buck based

2 Vong - Swarm

3 Fringe -Talon Bobba/ Talon Embo

2 NR - Resistance/ Han of Corellia

1 Rebel- 3,720-1

3 Imperial- Dalaa/ Thrawn swap

1 Mando - Mando Jangalore

2 OR - Bastilla.

2 Sith - Sith on Skiff

So how close was I!?
atmsalad
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 10:19:46 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
My Top 6 prediction in no particular order;

TimmerB
Etienne
Bryan H
TJ
Jason K
Trevor P

These 3 may displace someone in there as well;

Deri Morgan, Matt Spry, Jim McNaney

Nice! I picked Etienne, Deri, and Spry. 3 out of the 6. I'm feeling good with my predictions ThumpUp

Haha, looks more like 3 out of 9 Flapper, but still good calls.