RegisterDonateLogin

Living proof that the Force has a sense of humor!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Black Sun SA is the problem, IMO, of course. Options
jak
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 5:30:01 AM
Groups: Member

DarkDracul wrote:
Sunday, September 10th, 2017

Balance Committee: Errata

Togorian Black Sun Vigo

Black Sun allies with Grenades 10 gain Grenades 30 and Grenade Launcher.

Black Sun Commanders gain Grenades 30 and Grenade Launcher.

IS THIS OFFICIAL?

I see that it is.
why? weren't concerns listened to to begin with.
your killing the game we love.
ThumbDown ThumbDown
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:23:39 AM

shmi15 wrote:
I didn't say thats exactly what I would do, it was just an idea of what could be done. Make the max number 4. That makes 1 less Raxus, and and make them spend more for another guy, or just lose an attacker altogether. If it were me, I would ban Daala, she has been errata'd twice, and is still an issue. Apparently her intial design was worse than we thought, as changing her twice hasn't really done anything. Or, you could simply get rid of charging fire. Take away the actual deep strike part of it. Daala is a unique problem, as so far, nothing they have changed has gotten away from the actual problem. i would ask ATM, and say, hey man, you seem to be the best Daala player, what would hurt your squad the most to lose. And then get rid of that. LOL

Haha, well my suggested change would be to replace charging fire with charging assault. It would force you to position better, gives your opponent more of a defense against the sled and would ultimately make Daala builds focus on stouter and more expensive troopers.

I have always loved the idea of limiting the number of duplicate characters. If you make it 4 though that would be very very restrictive. It would almost have to be 8 or so, but that really only deals with the most extreme swarms. Which is a good thing IMO, but it doesn't quite get what we would want out of it.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 10:49:12 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
You only punch through Sith tanks because they rely on Illusion. With the balance team ruling on Ysalamiri, LSDefense and the like can be used against enemies shooting out of the bubble. Although if you get Pellaeon up close enough that will still shut them off.

I did not play against Daala/Etienne at GenCon. I know he went undefeated, but winning GenCon doesn't mean a squad is a problem - something has to win. Was there a particular complaint from the people who played against him? Lots of blowouts? Is it unstoppable?

My last two rounds of swiss were pretty well auto wins for me. That would be Gregs Luke HoE/Kyle Katarn squad and Lillys Cyn/Serra squad. The reason they were auto wins is because they didn't have a scissors piece, I out activated and they didn't have an extreme movement breaker. My game against Jasons Jangolore squad only saw me overwhelm him because of a play mistake. Without it I think that game could be as close as mine and Pauls.

Now my game against Sprys Luke&Leia/Kyle Katarn squad I only won by 2 points and my game against Pauls Jangolore/Vindicated squad I only won by 4 points. My games against Deris Solo Charge 2.0 require me to lose Palleon and him to get off the Ani Bomb. Daala is beatable, but you have to know how to play against it for sure. I would say Daala, Luke&Leia, Thrawn Swap and Solo Charge 2.0 are probably the biggest gate keepers we have right now.

I think Daala is definitely top tier, but is she any more ridiculous than strafe, thrawn swap, yobuck+swap, furious+accurate+27D, blast bugs, ABM and the other slew of things we have in the game. Not entirely sure, but I definitely want to talk about it and the Balance team definitely has been and will continue to.