RegisterDonateLogin

It's too late. You should have paid it when you had the chance.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 72 Space PIRATES!!!! Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:23:23 PM
Groups: Member

@General Grievous. Jacob Nive is the reason his pirates survived the Imperial slaughter hence the CE.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:58:26 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
@General Grievous. Jacob Nive is the reason his pirates survived the Imperial slaughter hence the CE.

Ah shoot well shows what I get for not knowing the character. Yours was awesome though! I'm just imagining hondo's turncoat crew, quick to betray and quicker to do anything for selfish profit haha
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 5:08:53 AM

1 swinefeld
2 Jak
3 Spry
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 5:48:04 AM

1. Jak
2. GG
3. Surf
saber1
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 10:34:21 AM

This was a fun week with interesting theme and great interaction among the customs community. Here how the top three looked to me.

1st: blemelisk – This piece started rough, but with promise, and ended up pretty darn good. He has some great damage options, useful CE, and squad versatility with Independent Outfit. This was the piece that felt the most pirate-y.
2nd: Lord Ball – I missed your entry until scanning through the thread to vote. My apologies! I like the simplicity of this piece. It’s a nice boost, almost underpowered (or overpriced), but feels very much in-line with existing pieces. Designing new pieces around this one would be easy as there is little threat of abusive combos. Death Mark is great flavor and a long overdue use of the ESB line.
3rd: spryguy1981 – A balanced, useful and reasonably inexpensive pirate boost with a very cool CE.

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 6:24:30 PM

1. Jak
2. Swinefeld
3. LordBall.

Sorry i do not have the time to write up right now, but wanted to get the vote in. Had fun this week. Think whoever said that it might get tricky with too many armaments made a great point. would not like it on a non-unique tbh
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 6:45:34 PM

Let's keep it simple

CC - When you couldn't fit the CE in the box, that was the first clue .... too much stuff even at 41.

GG - I never liked Shifting Loyalties even in the V-Set .... and I Still Hate Wager ... PS I liked Nym Better RollEyes

jen-ari - Maybe Armament on a Unique ....

LB - Like Death Mark; as others have said, very simple. I'm a simple guy.

saber1 - Yeah, Prideful would've just been too much.

spry - Still not sure who he is ... and is Affinity really necessary when he's Fringe?? Did I miss something?

blem - I'm still holding Swine's beer (well, what's left of it) RollEyes and his wall of Text ... and the whole Launcher/Decke Sweeper discussion's given me a headache ....

swine - I've got him at 31, so 24 is "slightly" aggressively costed .....

jak - I've got him at 36, but he's very interesting ....

3rd - GG

2nd - saber

1st - LB
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 7:01:11 PM

Aw shoot hahaha should have went with Nym then eh?
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, October 2, 2017 7:13:58 PM

My apologies, #1 for not offering feedback, and #2 for not doing anything with the fantastic feedback I got.

And goodness! Wow was it a hard week to choose!

3rd - saber1. You made me read an entire Wookieepedia article to figure out what on earth Jensaarai have to do with Pirates, but it was worth it. I'm all over the Jensaarai help, and that second CE is fantastic.

2nd - Jen'ari. I love Armament, and this piece uses it well. Lots of fun combos in every faction, but I think still balanced - which is almost impossible to do in fringe. Somehow this guy looks worth his cost whether you just chuck him in with Talon, or build around him with Whorm or Rieekan or whatever. Very nice.

1st - General Grievous. I love that piece so much. 30 HP on a 20-HP piece is a bold move, but he packs a solid punch and really helps out the Ghost Crew. Flavor text is brilliant. I think my favorite part is the not-so-subtle Unkar hate, but done in classic Hondo style. Not very often does a piece make me almost laugh out loud, while still being functional.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:24:18 AM

Currently Jak is at 8 points in the lead, but hasn't voted so can't win it unless he does. Anyone else planning to vote? If not it's going to currently second place Lord Ball. Awesome turn out this week though!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:39:07 AM

Unless I counted wrong You and saber1 are tied for second with me.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:34:56 AM

Aw missed that, well where are the rest of the voters: Jak, Swine, blem. We can give them a couple more hours then coordinate for a new week
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:21:14 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sorry, no write up, but need to get votes in. I'll try to go back and leave comments on individual character pages.

This is kinda hard, lol.

1. saber1
2. Lord Ball
3. GG

There was a lot of cool stuff from everyone BlooMilk
I'll try to play more often Smile
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:48:40 PM

And winner is Saber! Congrats and solid week all!
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 3:56:51 PM

My vote likely wouldnt have changed the results i guess.

Surf: yea, unfortunately our game with its square base grid (which I dont play with in my prefered play style) is VERY limiting in regards to movement and other effects. Flamethrower for instance is logical for how the game has to work, but very much wrong logically over all. For this reason my Deck Sweeper (which I hope you read up on the wiki) is hard to portray in this game. my Flechette weapon originally was to be a variable ranged (with variable effect) shutgun, but i decided not to use it that way and incorporated more of the description from the wiki as well as the WEG rpgs.

I didnt get to comment on very many submissions this week and I apologize, i REALLY liked this weeks CCC and it gave me a whole lot more ideas of how to flesh out a Rebel Privateer subfaction, as well as Privateer class/type abilities in general.

With the mention of our square base grid I see the new skirmish game uses templates like Armada does, and this....has me concerned i will not like movement in that game at all. Templates for fighters (xwing) and star ships (armada) is completely logical (and easier to use than the Full thrust/babylon 5 wars system) but i never liked the limitations it or a square grid brings to movement for characters on the table. Hexed based (Mechwarrior/Battletech) is at least a little bit better, but not by a whole whole lot.

Sorry I digressed, the latter paragraph is far more suited to another thread. Blushing
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:57:39 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
And winner is Saber! Congrats and solid week all!

Sweet. Thanks all! This was a very fun theme. I hope what I've got in mind elicits such high participation and quality.