RegisterDonateLogin

For my ally is Bloo Milk. And a powerful ally it is.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 72 Space PIRATES!!!! Options
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:21:29 PM
Groups: Member

Make a Pirate... in Space! Unique Non-Unique it doesn't matter, just so long as the name contains Pirate or they have the Pirate ability you're good to go!

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, September 30th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.
ii
Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, October 2nd,2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:15:35 PM

Ooookay, here we go:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28336/hondo-ohnaka--pirate-captain

Yes, it is a huge card. I am sorry.

Yes, he gives a ton of good abilities, but most Pirates have 10 HP and <16 Defense.

His CE... I probably went overboard. But I thought... hey, it's Hondo. Hondo is one of those guys that deserves to have a special knack for messing with the opponent's strategy. So, in exchange for needing to use weak Pirates to get full benefit out of him, he:

Suppresses act control
Suppresses init control
Stomps on Reserves (willing to let this one go) and Reinforcements (not quite as much this one)
Suppresses non-adjacent door control (i.e. no Override from a distance)
Suppresses Intuition and Battle Ready
Punishes any clown that tries to run a Blast Bug/Flamethrower/Cesta/Missiles/Grenades swarm of any type

But, to keep him honest, non-Unique Pirates need to be near a Commander to keep them on-task and reminded of who pays their bills, and he'll go down like a battle droid against adjacent enemies.

In case it wasn't clear from this over-the-top nonsense of a piece, the entirety of my thought process was "how many perfectly legitimate strategies can I throw under the bus at one time?"
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:19:31 PM

Well I was torn between Nym and Hondo and you made a pretty crazy Hondo so for now I'll post an old Nym I made years ago while I create a new Rebels Hondo:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/12961/nym--pirate

Here is my original desire, let me know what you guys like better:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28337/hondo-ohnaka--pirate--ghost-crew--hero-of-legend

EDIT: going with Hondo for my entry
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:53:00 PM

Ok, so I have a few dozen pirates; this guy was made about 5-6 years ago.

Rodian Pirate Captain

He's got a little of everything, but I do like Brotherhood and Shanghai'd. Opportunist 20 gives most piddling Pirates, Scoundrels and Thugs a decent shot/hit and they might even get at least one off before they're mowed down.

cheers,

surf

FYI - spry, here's my Gideon; I basically flipped a coin and Diala won over him. Different take, huh?

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:34:19 PM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:16:54 AM

I shall Revive a classic for my entry, though it's probably overcosted by todays standards...

Pirate Captain
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:22:38 AM

Admiral Tavira

It is my hope that with this gentle reminder participants will offer input on all entries, especially on pieces entered by someone who has offered input on your piece. In recent weeks I've noticed a drop in constructive commenting. For my part, I apologize for pieces I've missed.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:35:08 AM

Props to Saber1 for thinking along the same vein as me. So here's my take.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28340/jacob-nive
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:41:41 AM

Surf yours definitely feels very piratey to me, awesome!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:04:20 AM

I don't know surf those base stats seem TOO PERFECT for a Non-Unique Captain :)

And where's Koba I want to see a Droid Pirate entry!!!!!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:35:14 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
I don't know surf those base stats seem TOO PERFECT for a Non-Unique Captain :)

And where's Koba I want to see a Droid Pirate entry!!!!!

....hmmm Me? Too Perfect???

....... did you actually Want a Pirate Droid? I think I have one in here somewhere ..... got everything else god knows .... wait 5 ....

I'm back .... is This what you wanted LB? RollEyes

R5-P8

Part of Hondo's Gang, an unfinished sub-group I never did get around to. Not much but hey, he was a pirate And a droid ....
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:37:57 PM

That's great!
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:53:55 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28341/katiz-xemir--privateer

Would love input on how to word deck sweeper to be a cone effect, for balance purposes could remove its 10 damage. But note it shouldnt target, and is indiscriminate, it would hit ALL characters allies and enemies alike.

He supposed to be a hired gun (spec against imperial targets as his small story snippet goes), hired on as a boarder for a Rebel Privateer ship the Far Orbit. WEG Type of Anti-Imperial Raider

I wanted him to be both deadly (as he would be when necessarily when boarding Imperial vessels), but also not as lethal with the deck sweeper which would be a favorite weapon with privateers for obvious reasons.

Also as an aside I want to say that the WEG Pirates and Privateers Book (with the Far Orbit Project Book) are 2 of my most favorite WEG RPG books of all time.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:02:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm not all-in on this, but I have enjoyed following along, so why not?
Consider this a random throw-in. Left him as he was in 2013.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/6252/jauxson

I know diddly squat, this is all from Wookieepedia (ca. 2013) and a Gotal fetish I haven't quite shaken yet. Laugh
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:56:49 PM

swinefeld wrote:
... a Gotal fetish I haven't quite shaken yet. Laugh

I think there is an ointment for that.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:59:26 PM

@surf: The PiCap looks pretty darn solid. I really dig the CE giving those scurvy dogs a big pop. As for the Droid, I love it! I'm not sure I'd ever run the piece if it was made official but it's still cool as heck.
jak
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 6:33:25 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:48:38 AM

Just to clarify I'll choose Hondo for my piece
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:00:16 AM

I think R5 is a tad overcosted Surf but he is hilarious haha
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, October 1, 2017 5:53:46 PM

CC, I think your piece is hilarious, obviously a bit to much going on haha. But super game disrupting which is how he was on screen.

Swine, super cool ideas here and hostage shield is great! Maybe a couple too many CEs/SAs for his cost though

Surf, at first I thought the CE was too strong then I looked at who the pirates actually are, and even with Booster Turning scoundrels and smugglers into pirates there isn't anything game-breaking. Just have to be cautious about future pilots as well. Only thing I missed is your rapport should be "name contains Pirate" because there are and probably won't be any characters named exactly "Pirate". I feel like the guy, Klat Thugs and Booster will be deadly

Jen'ari, super simple idea but could get complex remembering who has what weapon when there are 10 of these guys in a squad. Still feel like Armament should be on unique only (it's literally the video game hero ability of choice, Jango, Dash and Rihanna Saren if she ever gets released would be great candidates for it)

LB, love the simplicity and only thing is it's unfortunate the attack doesn't stack with Booster's boost. But nice for a cheap commander.

Saber, I think the CE wording for the ark/DMG boost needed to be slightly tweaked but missed mentioning that. With the prideful drop this guy is awesome! Great boost to a forgotten piece and thematically fitting.

Spry, another simple and awesome build here. Great stuff! Though do pirates really care if their allies survive? I would have thought the more that die, the greater their share hahaha.

Blem, couple new abilities but you took critique and made him shine up, solid work on new fresh ideas!

Jak, so torn, my poor Droids being hated on one hand but an excellently designed piece with a boost for the green pig people is hard to not like. Haha well done.

I had a really really hard time choosing a top three this week. In the end each and every piece fit into the pirate theme exceptionally well and was well executed. Since the quality was so good I had to focus on what I would like to see the direction of pirates go with their current Booster/Hondo CEs. So to that effect here are my top three pirate choices for the future of the space pirates.

3rd Blem
2nd Surf
1st Saber